News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is your wife like this or am I just lucky? She is a Pack Rat

Started by cudaken, October 27, 2005, 05:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

We have a large eat in kitchen with 19 cabints and 8 draws. Only 2 cabint's have dry goods in them and 2 draws have silver ware. Rest is full of dishes, glasses pots and pans. Only 1 cabint has dish we use. This is not the good china, that is in the dinning room. At last count, not counting the good china we had the following.

75 dishes
15 coffee cups and neither of us drink coffee?
48 glsses
23 small bowls
18 saucers
3 gravy dishes (good ones are in the china cabinet)
Uncounted Odd shape pots and pans I have never seen used
1 food prosser never used?
2 crock pots
And other stuff that I have no clue to what it is for.

There is only Sue and I, no grand kids, no big family get togethers. Most we have ever had sit down in are house for a dinner has been 4, 5 max?

No beening a pack rat my self, I want to throw some of the shit away, Butttttt Nooooooooooo. How could I possbiley throw it away, what wrong with you was what I have been told.

Living room? Some where around 60 Barbie dolls on display, apx 50 stuffed animal's and more than likely more!

Next lets talk about clothes! I have one draw for underware and shocks and apx 15" of closet spaces. Are main bed room closet is about 7 foot long! Well that closet is full, the second bedroom closet is full and rest of the second bed room? Well it full of her clothes as well stacked in the rubber maide contaners to 5 foot hight. Not along the walls but the whole room! There is a small walk way into the room and that is it and I am not kidding.

I to have some stuff I don't use but nothing like this. I do have a stack of used stereo gear in the garage cloest about 4 feet tall. Around 20 18th scale cars on dispay, 150 feet of HO Race car track in boxes (had a hell of a set up) 1 68 Road Runner quater, 2 used mags and a 69 Charger hood with a hole cut in it.

I was just wondering if she is not plume level or is she normal and I am the one off center. ???

Cuda Ken

I am back

moparguy01

see, if shes a packrat with stuff like that, that gives you a license to start pack ratting parts and cars. :icon_smile_big:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: moparguy01 on October 27, 2005, 05:40:26 PM
see, if shes a packrat with stuff like that, that gives you a license to start pack ratting parts and cars. :icon_smile_big:
:iagree: Better get on it! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blown70

Well yes women are strange that way.... No no, I need another pair of shoes....I do not have this style in Dark Navy :rotz:

MichaelRW

I have to ask....who counted the number of dishes, glasses, etc? If it was you, you need to spend more time in the garage. ;D

Just be glad there aren't Barbie dolls in the garage. That's where I'd have to draw the line because the garage is a man's land.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

cudaken

Reason I posted this is I bought a lot of food today, brother inlaw is staying with us.

I wanted to BBQ some chicken breast we had in the freezer, bag was open and 1/2 used. It was down below to thaw out so I could cook it. I bought a nother bag all so frozzen today. When Sue was but stuff up she stock the open bag back into the freezer because it was still frozen and left the un open frozzen bag of chicken down below?

Is it me?

Confuessed Ken

PS, she is going to nuke the new un open bag so we can BBQ it?
I am back

cudaken

MichaelRW, she was not home for a few night's and I was trying to find stuff. Got tired of shit fall on the floor when I opened the cabints. So I pulled all the stuff out and reorginaised (spell check) and did the count then. That was a few years ago but saved the paper with the count on it.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Rocky

A few years back when I was still living at home, I waited till my mom went on vacation and threw out about 1/3 of the useless crap that she had in the kitchen. :yesnod:   She wasn't very happy about it, but my step dad sure was. :thumbs:

nh_mopar_fan

My wife is an incredible packrat and I am not. Once a year, I open up a closet and take a bunch of stuff to Goodwill. I think she lays awake all night afterward.....

beedees

I sneak the stuff out a little bit at a time...............she never notices :yesnod:

69_500

At our house its the opposite. I'm the pack rat. I can't part with anything. I have probably 200 newspapers in boxes in storage. I keep everything. Every pay check stub since I started working. Every canceled check that the bank sends back to me. Receipts for anything and everything. I can't ever have a garage or a yard sale as I don't want to get rid of anything.

Old Moparz

Hey Ken,

My wife & I both save junk, it's in our blood. (But we're working on correcting that.) My father saved rusty nuts & bolts in coffee cans for years. He also had things that he never knew what they were, just that it wasn't broken so it must be good & worth saving. His mother saved string from the cake boxes from the bakey, wrapping paper from presents & tin foil. My mother-in-law had 4 or 5 vegematics, some broken, & never used them. She'd find one at a yard sale for a quarter & say "Wow, these things are much more than this on TV." & buy it. Maybe you can ebay some stuff to get back some Charger blower motor dollars?

One good thing about getting a few inches of rain in my basement last week, was that it forced me to throw out some space hogging crap we had.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Silver R/T

we got lots of dishes too that are stil brand new....its typical of women to collect dishes, clothes, shoes
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

funny you should bring this up...

Im going thru all my files and I have rooms full of car stuff, parts, magazines and press kits dating back to the mid '60s... and because of the home remodel stuff is literally up to the cieling... I got some project going on... It's been great doing the archeology,  I came across my earlyist charger recepts today... 1984. i was 24...  ;)

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

psykicpup

Its a form of nesting I think - I have to be really tough on myself to throw old stuff out & stop myself from buying new - but I'm usually right within 6 months I DO need it   ;D
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

41husk

Thats the reason I get a swap spot at monster mopar, I know I will clean the garage out at least once a year, and if it's a good year I come home with less than I brought ::)
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Arthu®

I myself am not much of a collector, it is more that I do not take the time to throws stuff out that I have a lot. But a good friend of mine is a real one, she collects anything and everything. She has more clothes in here room than anyone else I have ever seen, she can wear something else every day and wouldn't have to wash for a year. Her favourit thing to collect though are thongs :S She has over 350 thongs. Oh well at least they wouldn't take up as much space as 350 pairs of shoes? I think it must be something in womens blood, a lot of them seem to like to collect things.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Spartan

My wife is a huge pack rat.  I get so ticked with crap stacked and crammed in every cupboard, closet, drawer etc....Doesn't thow a thing out, but then she yells at me for having car parts in the basement or garage that I am cleaning or repainting.... The old double standard thing.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

HeavyFuel

cudaken, I can relate to some of the stuff about lots of stuff in the kitchen. 

My wife has a thing for Tupperware.  I mean, if we filled it all with food, about four empty fridges would be needed to hold it all.  And, hello, as we eat the leftovers, (or they go bad and we toss the stuff out) we wash them and 'em again!  What a concept.  I think we only need as many containers as we have fridge space, with maybe a few spares.  Try to tell my wife that. ;D

Arigmaster

I have one of those and only have one word....   EEEEEEBAYYYY!!!!

charger490

my wife collects BOOKS and we have 6000 or 7000 of them and we have moved 5 times over the years and i refused to move agian. 4 pickup loads the last time i moved just hope they dont collect books charger490

'CUDA360

Quote from: beedees on October 27, 2005, 10:17:23 PM
I sneak the stuff out a little bit at a time...............she never notices :yesnod:

That is the correct answer

Still the crap keeps coming

cudaken

Hum, Nesting? In that case it could be a nest for a F--king T-Rex :icon_smile_approve:

A few PIC of the second bed room if you want to call it that any longer.

Cuda Ken
I am back

cudaken

I found this in there, why the heck is there a phone in there? Break your neck to get to it :icon_smile_big:

PIC on the Living Room as well. She did get rid of some on the Dolls, to the left of the book shelfs there was a stack that where as tall of them. She moved some of the stuff sh-t because her brother is staying with us and is sleeping in the living room. No room in the second bedroom :icon_smile_big:

Tell me this sort of normal ??? Bet her shit weights more than my Charger and Road Runner.

Cuda Ken
I am back