News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help finding bushings source/part numbers for trans shift linkage

Started by moparjohn, October 27, 2005, 08:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

I just go done getting my trans back in the car and it works much better now. The problem I now have is excessive play in the gear shifter (column auto) The cars shifter can easily move close to over 2 "settings" when in a given gear selection. IE in N (for neutral) it  (the shifter lever) can roam back to the R and into the D I think this could be a little tighter the same is true for all selections except P and 1. I think the bushing on the linkage off the trans may be part of it but I cannot find any info/numbers to start looking for replacements, I also belive the spring?? in the column for the shifter is shot/missing if the is supossed to be one. Any suggetions or help would be helpful. Thanks John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparjohn

OK thanks for the part # I think I need 2 for the whole linkage right?
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander