News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jack stands for winter storage? [6 MONTHS LATER -- DOH!]

Started by joflaig, October 30, 2008, 09:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

I'm spying cool stuff under there... whatcha' running... QA1s maybe? Brembo's?... what going on down there?

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dstryr

If you had as cold a winter as we did, I think the tire got so cold that it was too stiff to maintain its seal on the bead when it was -20*F a couple of times.  My Firestone redline bias ply tires held air all winter but my wife's daily driver got 2 flats during the cold spells.  No nails, just too cold to keep the bead sealed. 

dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

Ghoste

c00nhunterjoe

i too never put mine on stands, and my poor car sits outside in a gravel driveway, it will go months at a time without being moved and i have never had a problem with flat spots. my right front wheel  leaks air but that is from the solid valve stem o-ring leaking.

jerry

saw a garage burn down with 2 cars in it on jack stands. guy told his wife he could have saved them if they would have been on the ground :eyes:

2Gunz

Quote from: jerry on May 29, 2009, 07:41:56 AM
saw a garage burn down with 2 cars in it on jack stands. guy told his wife he could have saved them if they would have been on the ground :eyes:

I think I would have used my super human adrenaline strength to push the cars of the jack stands!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 2Gunz on June 03, 2009, 02:48:29 AM
Quote from: jerry on May 29, 2009, 07:41:56 AM

I think I would have used my super human adrenaline strength to push the cars of the jack stands!
That's for sure! Or at least latched onto them with a tow strap & dragged them outta there. :o But of course I wasn't there, so maybe there was no way to drag them out with another car.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Nitrox

This sounds like overkill. I have a show truck that Ive left sitting in my garage for 1.5 years. I took it out last week and there is no crazy vibration or anything from "flat spots". With all due respect, I think this jackstand thing is bull****.  :rofl:

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip