News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

XV MOTORSPORTS 3 Point Seat Belts Installed

Started by G Force, November 04, 2008, 12:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Force

Just installed my XV Motorsports seat belts into 70 Charger ( with console)

Is this what they are supposed to look like?

Did I not install them correctly?

Anyone else install them in a B Body car with console have the same issue ?

471_Magnum

Yeah.... they kind of neglect to mention that issue.  ::)

Similar problem on later B-bodies and E-bodies. That sleeve put's in right into the console, although not quite that extreme.

Ditch the sleeve or send them back.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Hemidog

Wow, they didn't think that one through, and I was gonna order a set this winter....
The XV guy is a member here, maybe he can shed some light on this issue?

471_Magnum

The belts work just fine... as long as you don't have a console.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Hemidog

Quote from: 471_Magnum on November 04, 2008, 08:20:07 PM
The belts work just fine... as long as you don't have a console.

I do have a console, but I guess something can be figured out...

miamivice

i had the same problem.  i just removed the sleeve.

Hemidog

Quote from: miamivice on November 07, 2008, 03:00:07 AM
i had the same problem.  i just removed the sleeve.

But is it now harder to reach it to connect the belts? Will it now just lay on the floor ?

471_Magnum

Quote from: Hemidog on November 07, 2008, 05:01:49 AM
i just removed the sleeve.

But is it now harder to reach it to connect the belts? Will it now just lay on the floor ?

Yeah. Just like the original belts.

Actually, the biggest PITA on these belts is reaching the other side. The roof mount is so far back, it's really tough to reach.

autodynamics

i heated mine with a heat gun and reformed the plastic the way it should be. worked ok... after that i took the xv emblems off the seat belts. :icon_smile_big:

bricklayer

autodynamics do you have any pics of the reformed belts in place thanks  tom

ted

same belts are sold cheaper from andover restaints.

mikepmcs

Quote from: autodynamics on January 10, 2009, 05:52:12 PM
i heated mine with a heat gun and reformed the plastic the way it should be. worked ok... after that i took the xv emblems off the seat belts. :icon_smile_big:

Exactly what I was going to say, heat gun.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Hemidog

Blakcharger440

Quote from: 471_Magnum on November 07, 2008, 06:29:54 AM
Quote from: Hemidog on November 07, 2008, 05:01:49 AM
i just removed the sleeve.

Yeah. Just like the original belts.

Actually, the biggest PITA on these belts is reaching the other side. The roof mount is so far back, it's really tough to reach.

Yep I find that the stock mounting point for the shoulder belt to be a pain also. Overall though I am glad that I replaced the stock ones as these are still more driver friendly....my car does not have a console.