News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro dual exhaust rear valances for 71-72?

Started by AKcharger, July 28, 2005, 10:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I heard someone say that there was someone making fiberglass rear valances for the 71-72...can anyone confirm this??

AK

P.S.

Always looking for a "real" one...even if rusted/dented/trashed

Dodge-Charger

I dont know about the Fiberglass repo ones, i havent herd anything about them.  But i am talking to a guy about doing some CarbinFiber ones for me. Also another guy that is a tin knocker said he might be able to make some real ones for me. If they dont come out to Factory specs I wont be doing any of them.

twilt

Yes, there is a person who makes them out of glass. quite some time ago, before i bought a couple of the real items, RD gave me pricing and contact info for the person. i have long since lost the info. perhaps RD can help again.

AKcharger

Standing by...

I have a good solid standard valance in hopes a shop could  cut and bend the two cut outs...and I found one but they want $500 so That is one hold, I'm not THAT desperate

twilt

sadly enough,  $500 for a nice one is not out of line with the current market.  :icon_smile_sad:
i paid close to $200 for a battered one,  cut out the "cut-outs" and grafted/welded them into a standard valance.   also, bought a couple of the 73-74 style (which are usually about 1/3-1/2 the cost of 71-72)  and welded in some strips of sheetmetal to fill in the long bumper guard slots.