News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for any experiences with Just Dashes....................................

Started by bksfld68, October 28, 2005, 08:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bksfld68

I am getting ready to put my interior back in my 68.  Going with white, everything is new or refinished except for the upper door pads.  I have a nice set in black and then I have a back up set as well.  Was thinking about dyeing the black ones white, but am not sure that will work out.  On the other hand I can send the old set I have to Just Dashes to have them redone and sell the black ones.  So having said all that, has anyone used Just Dashes for their upper door pads and what was your take on them.

Thanks,

Ryan

bull

I've heard a lot about them but no first-hand experience, so I'll tell you what I've heard. The main complaint I've heard about the work they do on upper door pads is that the lines are not as sharp and pronounced when they're done, ie., the original sharp edges of the lines become rounded off. Other complaints I've heard is how long it takes and how expensive it is. Personally, I think it's better to dye a nice set of originals. SEM dyes are very good quality and a good match. Totally Auto Inc. carries SEM stuff as do many local retailers all over the country.

Shakey

I have also heard about the long lead-time and hefty price tag.

I think starman417 had some stuff done there.

He has a link in his signature to his web site.

Maybe PM and ask him for his opinion.

my69

bksfld68,
I for one "DID" sent "BOTH" the dash pad and my upper door pads for my charger. The reply from "bull" is pretty much accurate.   But I am pleased with the end result 

The"color match" from the originals is unbelievable at my first thought :-\  But like bull was saying there service is spendy to say the least :'(  Just as the ttiexhast people as well but thats a totaly different subject)

Winston

P.S. does anyone have a real good set of the upper rear pads for my '69?
       I'm looking for or I may need to go back to "just dashes" and try them again :P

bksfld68

Winston -

What color did go with on your upper pads.  I need to go mother of pearl white, for my 68.  Just Dashes told me there would be a 90.00 color match fee for that color   :flame:  On the rear upper pads, there is the stainless piece and the felt that goes on there, any idea if  that is reproed or does Just Dashes reuse what is on there.

At this point I am seriously thinking about selling the black set I have and sending my backups for them to restore.  It will not be as bad with the dough from the black set going toward the other set getting redone.  At least that is how I am justifying spending 150.00 a pad.

Ryan

Chryco Psycho

while it is not a door pad we had a Dash pad supplied by them & the one we removed from the car was better than the "new" one we installed, fortunatly it was cheap at just under $2000 ::)  :flame:

my69

Ryan,
The color I had them do was the "green"  Like I  stated on my last post the color was extremely accurated  :icon_smile_shy:

On your question about the rear upper pads I didn't get them done  :'( I didn't think they were bad at the time)  So  about the "cat whiskers" I would say they would use them over again. :devil:

Oh on the cost of the color matching  They must of went up in price :yesnod: I beleive it costed be lsomething like $50- 60 bucks :icon_smile_question:   the man I talked with was Garrett  but anyays That pretty much that I can help ya with