News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TA70455

Looks like there "welds" are as great as ever! I wonder if you can assemble a 460 with Bondo?

ChgrSteve67

dkn1997

I love how half of the shit was assembled in that shabby office, I even saw a general lee vector wheel holding something up!  and that goddam water cooler!!  maybe it's filled with the hardener for bondo and that's why it's in the pics of all of their builds...wait...they probably don't even use the hardener..
RECHRGED

jb666

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on June 11, 2009, 09:18:33 PM
love the fan and no filters exhausting the paint fumes outside.

And they couldn't take 5 minutes to take the mirror/handles off the car. Another fine job.

skip68

I believe (if I remember right) that car is one that was done a while back.   :scratchchin:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on June 12, 2009, 09:49:33 AM
I believe (if I remember right) that car is one that was done a while back.   :scratchchin:

I'm not sure... I didn't see it on their site when we were scoping every page AND that news letter just went out 2 days ago..... Not to mention a "friend" made a call to BK on Wednesday asking about building a "Starsky & Hutch" car and they talked for about 15 minutes about all of the different "options" but claimed it could be done, start to finish, in under 4 months.

Ghoste

So other than buying a business licence and having to pay taxes he is basically operating as he always has and always will?

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on June 12, 2009, 09:54:59 AM
So other than buying a business licence and having to pay taxes he is basically operating as he always has and always will?

And who knows if they even did that.

Ghoste

It'd be sad to find that this has been less annoying for him than a fly on his window and he's still out there stealing from people.

skip68

I'll go blow the dust off the BK file and make a call in a bit. 

jb666

UPDATE ---- Just got back from the shop (picture day is early, they aren't open tomorrow). Door graphics are traced out, and the roof (flag) is in place. You'll laugh when you see just how out of square/crooked the original graphics were. Thank you again, BK Auto.

Anyways, I'll re-size and upload now. Stay tuned, I'll be back after this slight commercial interruption.

jb666

First, I had to take a good look at my original picture, because for some reason I thought the 01 on the doors went in the direction of the (upper) body line. They aren't, they are lined up even with the bottom of the door.. No big deal..

The roof section and doors are both wetsanded in preparation of the graphics..

Old graphic in place, if for nothing else just to compare the size... The new stencil kit will be in on Monday. This will give a truck Georgia style flag/lettering setup for the roof.

The old #'s came off in one pc, just like the flag, thanks to BK's excellent prep job. This actually helped quite a bit, in the end.

Think the old roof vinyl was a little off?? Measurements were taken before the flag was removed, and this is where it was (and the tape is where it needs to be).

There's a few more coming, but this is the bulk of them. Graphics should be done this week, then the fun/rewarding work really begins!!!!

jb666

Here's a car I know you'll all love. This thing's an animal.. Runs a 19 second 1/4 mile... Great daily driver!!

teamroth

Lookin good Jeffy! I am excited for you. I am looking at a 69 GL on Long Island. Guy wants 19k, for a 318 car, hoping to see it in person.
:cheers:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

bordin34

Looks awesome so far. Are you going to keep the tail light area orange?

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

jb666

I love this shot, showing the flake..

Quote from: bordin34 on June 12, 2009, 03:33:30 PM
Looks awesome so far. Are you going to keep the tail light area orange?

No, but that'll be one of the last things done..

autodynamics

Quote from: teamroth on June 12, 2009, 03:32:59 PM
Lookin good Jeffy! I am excited for you. I am looking at a 69 GL on Long Island. Guy wants 19k, for a 318 car, hoping to see it in person.
let me know if you need me to look at it....what part of long island??

autodynamics

jb666

Thanks! The paint looks incredible in person, I tried to capture it's depth with the camera, but.... The cool part is it's gotta be wet sanded & buffed, so right now it's not even flat!!

You can see a bit of the texture, here.. Loads of clear, I love it!!

And, I'm surprised no one's asked, but when you're looking at the rear "eyebrow" trim , you'll notice they are out a bit from the body. They were shimmed out during painting so that the paint would go down between them and the body.

One thing I realized today when I was there was how freakin' HUGE this car is... It's a boat!! :yesnod:

jb666

And a bit off subject, but this is going to be awesome when they are done with it.. Their true love goes to Mopar, but they are equal opportunity employers!!

The engine bay/undercarriage is all 100% brand new and to OEM spec. It's amazing the detail that went into this car!!

Tilar

Man, I wish you were going to have that thing ready to go to Carlisle this year. I'd love to see it in person.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Quote from: Tilar on June 12, 2009, 04:04:35 PM
Man, I wish you were going to have that thing ready to go to Carlisle this year. I'd love to see it in person.

I wish, too.. But too much happened with the car, and I'm definitely not rushing the guys. But I PROMISE you it'll be there next year.. like I said in another thread, I have a free place to stay about a mile from the show and an enclosed trailer I can use to get the car there...

Plus, this winter the motor's coming out(and the engine bay's going to match the body), so by then it'll be the whole package. I know you're probably wondering why I didn't just have it all done now, but when the car was at Jon's (where the motor would have been pulled) I had NO IDEA the car would be this involved... So it wasn't planned.  :cheers: :cheers:

teamroth

Quote from: jb666 on June 12, 2009, 04:20:02 PM
Quote from: Tilar on June 12, 2009, 04:04:35 PM

I wish, too.. But too much happened with the car, and I'm definitely not rushing the guys. But I PROMISE you it'll be there next year.. like I said in another thread, I have a free place to stay about a mile from the show and an enclosed trailer I can use to get the car there...

Plus, this winter the motor's coming out(and the engine bay's going to match the body), so by then it'll be the whole package. I know you're probably wondering why I didn't just have it all done now, but when the car was at Jon's (where the motor would have been pulled) I had NO IDEA the car would be this involved... So it wasn't planned.  :cheers: :cheers:

Trailer? What? Drive that sucker till the wheels fall off! Not BK style wheels fall off, but run it....lol

teamroth

Quote from: autodynamics on June 12, 2009, 03:40:34 PM
Quote from: teamroth on June 12, 2009, 03:32:59 PM
let me know if you need me to look at it....what part of long island??

AD it says West Hampton. Seems steep for a 318 car, but the dude hasn't answered my email yet.