News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on November 18, 2008, 11:29:41 AM
wow you have a great story to tell , at a great cost     

Maybe I'll call Oprah and see if she likes my story...

I can't get through to BK.. They are sticking to the story that (even though my car failed Mass state inspection for SAFETY problems) they did nothing wrong. It's all the "customers" fault for being cheap. He got what he paid for. I just can't swallow that theory. A car SHOULD NOT LEAVE A SHOP unsafe, period.

SFRT

Man i tellya...

between 666's nightmare journey, Hplg stories, the red hemi charger (Bzaboydn?) dilemma and the blue car saga on aerocars it seems that the ratio of

good to horrible as far as taking your car to a 'resto shop' is Zero:100%.

does anyone have a good experience? I felt a little ghetto for doing my car on my own, with my patented 'non laser straight' spraycan finish but now, it seems I made the right choice.

has anyone had a GOOD resto shop experience that didnt cost 250 grand?

are general lee clones CURSED?

seriously..is there a solution for dudes that want a decent job done, but cannot do it themselves?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO A DECENT RESTO/RESTOMOD for a fair price anywhere?

is this a mopar thing? or are ford/gm 'restorers' just as crooked and scammy? what the hell happened to pride and the work ethic?

is it all just about the easy money?

shit bums me out, all these dudes should be doing burnouts and driving their rides not staring at a pile of parts and bills.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: SFRT on November 18, 2008, 12:32:59 PM
Man i tellya...

between 666's nightmare journey, Hplg stories, the red hemi charger (Bzaboydn?) dilemma and the blue car saga on aerocars it seems that the ratio of

does anyone have a good experience? I felt a little ghetto for doing my car on my own, with my patented 'non laser straight' spraycan finish but now, it seems I made the right choice.

seriously..is there a solution for dudes that want a decent job done, but cannot do it themselves?

is this a mopar thing? or are ford/gm 'restorers' just as crooked and scammy? what the hell happened to pride and the work ethic?

shit bums me out, all these dudes should be doing burnouts and driving their rides not staring at a pile of parts and bills.
:2thumbs: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mike DC

GLs in particular are really prone to causing iffy buys.  People come to the table motivated by nostalgia and a lot of emotions other than car buying.  And scammers really know that orange paintjob pulls on a lot of heartstrings. 

It happens with any old classic car, but GLs are a very extreme case of pulling in a lot of buyers from outside the world of experienced jaded Charger guys. 

(Said with all due respect.  It's no secret that I'm a really psycho GL fanboy myself.)

gordo1968charger

one resto problem people encounter is the shops heart is nt in it,some bloke who has absolutely no interest in american muscle whatsoever,will be working on your car,
its just not going to be right. :'(
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

skip68

:scratchchin:   What would happen if the car got rearended ?  Do you think the frame would crumble and allow the bumper to not do it's job and make the gas tank a danger ? :slap:  And that part of the frame is not structure my ass.  :flame:  I'm on the phone on hold with a legal firm in Houston that deals with this kind of law as I type this.  :naughty: :devil: :police:  I'll get what I need and then send you a PM with the contact info and it's in your hands from there.  At this point it sounds like YOU jb are not entitled to money but the shop may have some trouble.  :2thumbs:  Go figure.  :smilielol:   Chuck.............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68RT4ME

Well, I just took the time to read every one of the posts in this thread. Something our friend from BK (Now known to me as "BULL KRAP Automotive")hasn't bothered to do and for good reason. This guy has a big BRASS set to think anyone here would buy into the BULL KRAP he's shoveling. To make excuses on this pile of dung is absurd. That car should have never left the shop. Period.

If the original buyer could not afford to do it right, he (BK) should have stuck to his guns and refused to do it. He says he was baggered into taking the job. MONEY was your motivation here and not reputation and now, you really believe that we are going to feel badly for pointing this out. I feel bad for the guy who bought it to begin with. You took advantage of someone who did not know what he was getting into. You took him hook line and sinker.

Spending 50-70K on a car is not what a regular person can do and to be able to have a chance to buy your dream car like he did was probably a once in a lifetime thing and you stole that and more from him. Having the Balls to try and state your case here is in itself amazing. There is NOTHING you can say to ever excuse you for putting out work like this. You have EARNED your new reputation and rest assured that the only way for you to redeem yourself would be to do the ONLY RIGHT thing and that would be to either pay back the repair costs of your shops STELLAR work or fix it yourself.

I for one wouldn't let you anywear near the car again and hense forth, I will only repeat this story over and over and point this thread out to anyone who ever mentions your shop (B ull K rapp Automotive) holding you up as a shining example of WHAT TO AVOID!!!!

This kind of thing only serves to add to a bad reputation and in business, reputation is EVERYTHING.
Your Business, Blows Chunks!!! :puke:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

jb666

Quote from: 68RT4ME on November 18, 2008, 01:33:32 PM
Well, I just took the time to read every one of the posts in this thread. Something our friend from BK (Now known to me as "BULL KRAP Automotive")hasn't bothered to do and for good reason. This guy has a big BRASS set to think anyone here would buy into the BULL KRAP he's shoveling. To make excuses on this pile of dung is absurd. That car should have never left the shop. Period.

If the original buyer could not afford to do it right, he (BK) should have stuck to his guns and refused to do it. He says he was baggered into taking the job. MONEY was your motivation here and not reputation and now, you really believe that we are going to feel badly for pointing this out. I feel bad for the guy who bought it to begin with. You took advantage of someone who did not know what he was getting into. You took him hook line and sinker.

Spending 50-70K on a car is not what a regular person can do and to be able to have a chance to buy your dream car like he did was probably a once in a lifetime thing and you stole that and more from him. Having the Balls to try and state your case here is in itself amazing. There is NOTHING you can say to ever excuse you for putting out work like this. You have EARNED your new reputation and rest assured that the only way for you to redeem yourself would be to do the ONLY RIGHT thing and that would be to either pay back the repair costs of your shops STELLAR work or fix it yourself.

I for one wouldn't let you anywear near the car again and hense forth, I will only repeat this story over and over and point this thread out to anyone who ever mentions your shop (B ull K rapp Automotive) holding you up as a shining example of WHAT TO AVOID!!!!

This kind of thing only serves to add to a bad reputation and in business, reputation is EVERYTHING.
Your Business, Blows Chunks!!! :puke:

I couldn't agree more, and if this is not resolved I will make certain that the world knows. People will be running TO HLPAG to get a quality job..

Ok, maybe they won't go that far..
:icon_smile_blackeye:

The70RT

Quote from: SFRT on November 18, 2008, 12:32:59 PM
Man i tellya...

I think if you have most everything done and just want minor body work and paint your ok at a lot of places. I sent my Cutlass to a guy I didn't meet till he picked up my car. A friend of mine grew up with him. I took his word and he took my car and fixed all the rust....yeah it was pretty rusty. The vinyl top came off and the back window almost fell out. He welded in new metal and fixed some quarter rust and the front lower fenders had rust and the car had lots of small dings. He charged me 1,800 dollars and 800 was materials. The paint job is pretty nice. He did cut some corners but it was 4 years ago and it looks like the day I got it back from him with no bubling or lifting anywhere. It is at least a 7 in a scale of 1-10. I have to show people the defects because they are so minimal. It took him about 2-3 months. I may not use him on the Charger but the way everyone is getting screwed this deal is looking sweeter everyday. He will probably get me close to a show quality paint job for 3-4K easily if I let him to do it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SFRT

I hope so..my master plan has been to do all the mechanicals and metalwork myself, take it all down to bare metal myself ,primer it, then once all that is done try and find a place that can just do the 'glaze' and straighten up the lines on the sides of the car with some blocking, then paint it. I wish I had a more private garage, but since I share an open building with the harley shop, I cant do a lot of sanding in painting in there because of the dust,otherwise i would paint it myself.
Always Drive Responsibly

jb666

I just went out to BK and offered them ONE MORE CHANCE to make this right. If not, I can promise you this will cost them more in lost business by 10X then my repairs are costing me.

:popcrn: Wagers, anyone?

SFRT

judging by the BK guys posts, he is going to tell you to stuff it. I do not think your dealing with a brain surgeon here.
Always Drive Responsibly

jb666

Quote from: SFRT on November 18, 2008, 02:10:42 PM
judging by the BK guys posts, he is going to tell you to stuff it. I do not think your dealing with a brain surgeon here.

I'm guessing the same thing. If he comes through, I've promised him that everyone will know it. If he doesn't (which is what I expect, since he's "done nothing wrong") then I've promised him everyone will know it.

skip68

:o  Hey Guy's skip daddy has been busy.  I need to talk to you jb666.  I just got done talking to the Texas DOT and they have NO record of bkautomotive having a dealers lic.  :smilielol: The guy gave me the place to file a complaint and said they could slap them with a $10,000 fine.  :cheers:  Now, they may be selling under someone else license or something we don't know yet but they will get to the bottom of it.  I told the guy at Txdot that they run cars on ebay and advertise on the internet and he said they will dig into them.  The cool thing is these guy's are going to have some splaining to do.  :smilielol:  I'll send you a PM right now.   Chuck............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on November 18, 2008, 02:33:22 PM
:o  Hey Guy's skip daddy has been busy.  I need to talk to you jb666.  I just got done talking to the Texas DOT and they have NO record of bkautomotive having a dealers lic.  :smilielol: The guy gave me the place to file a complaint and said they could slap them with a $10,000 fine.  :cheers:  Now, they may be selling under someone else license or something we don't know yet but they will get to the bottom of it.  I told the guy at Txdot that they run cars on ebay and advertise on the internet and he said they will dig into them.  The cool thing is these guy's are going to have some splaining to do.  :smilielol:  I'll send you a PM right now.   Chuck............

:o :o :o :o Oh my God.. If that's the case, I'd say BK will be MIA soon. Excellent P.I. work there, Chuck!!!

moparstuart

Quote from: skip68 on November 18, 2008, 02:33:22 PM
awesome   :2thumbs:

Hemidoug

Hate to pee on your parade, but he didn't purchase the car from BK.....he purchased the car from the person that hired BK to work on it......There may be some other license needed (ie body shop or car repair) but the dealer license is a non player..... :Twocents:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

jb666

Quote from: Hemidoug on November 18, 2008, 03:23:31 PM
Hate to pee on your parade, but he didn't purchase the car from BK.....he purchased the car from the person that hired BK to work on it......There may be some other license needed (ie body shop or car repair) but the dealer license is a non player..... :Twocents:

I may have, yes, but Brian purchased the car directly through BK from beginning to end.

moparstuart

what he is saying though is if they are currently selling cars with out the correct licenses the state of texas will come after them.

skip68

That's right. If you sell more than 3 cars a year ( correction, 5 cars a year ) or advertise like they have you need a dealers lic....    I've found that you can sell classic cars without a dealer lic. BUT, if you are restoring or building them from the ground up and making them custom (not factory) that's another story.  This is one issue that will be looked into.  :yesnod:

Hemidoug

Quote from: moparstuart on November 18, 2008, 03:26:14 PM
what he is saying though is if they are currently selling cars with out the correct licenses the state of texas will come after them.

OK...I understand now....To be honest with you, I think your beef is more with the person you bought it from then with the guy that did the work....just my  :Twocents: and I do feel for you. The real beef with BK should be between him and them.  I would talk to a lawyer if I were you.....it's going to end up being the law that sorts this all out....again just my  :Twocents:.....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

charger01

Quote from: Hemidoug on November 18, 2008, 04:46:45 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on November 18, 2008, 03:26:14 PM

OK...I understand now....To be honest with you, I think your beef is more with the person you bought it from then with the guy that did the work....just my  :Twocents: and I do feel for you. The real beef with BK should be between him and them.  I would talk to a lawyer if I were you.....it's going to end up being the law that sorts this all out....again just my  :Twocents:.....

I tend to agree.  I would say the only one that could legally go after BK would be Sickdawg.  I wish you luck though.

jb666

Well, we'll see.. Right now Brian doesn't seem to want to get involved with this thread, for some reason.  He has helped with other issues though (supplying information/invoices, etc..) so I'm glad about that.

I'm heading to the shop tonight.. I'll have some more pictures to post with today's find....

hemi-hampton

Thought I read BK say the body cost him $25k, Then I thought he said only $4k, Where'd that comment disappear to? How do you explain $50k into it (minus motor) if only paid $4k? Brian is the one that really got screwed, He took a $35,000 loss for it's poor condition. I dont think he did anything wrong (or to much) unless he tried to unload for the same $70k he paid. After you put another $35k into it you'll have the same solid nice car Brian should of had for $70k. :-\ Sorry, Not funny :pity: LEON.

Drache

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 18, 2008, 07:37:04 PM
Thought I read BK say the body cost him $25k, Then I thought he said only $4k, Where'd that comment disappear to? How do you explain $50k into it (minus motor) if only paid $4k? Brian is the one that really got screwed, He took a $35,000 loss for it's poor condition. I dont think he did anything wrong (or to much) unless he tried to unload for the same $70k he paid. After you put another $35k into it you'll have the same solid nice car Brian should of had for $70k. :-\ Sorry, Not funny :pity: LEON.

That comment about the price of the "body" has disappeared!  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire