News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

i say you quote the entire thread so it can be 24 pages..
i'm just sayin..  :lol:

jb666

Don't worry, the whole thread will be quoted on it's own website shortly  :lol:

Brock Samson

Old Moparz

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 19, 2008, 04:10:52 PM
i say you quote the entire thread so it can be 24 pages..
i'm just sayin..  :lol:

I'll quote you instead.    :lol:

Seriously, I'm not quoting anything else except the BK shop, & only because when the guy's lawyer gets involved, he'll tell him to stay quiet & not say a word to anyone. Then he'll go back & delete, deny, & say whatever else it takes to look like he's in the right. It'll be nice to have this info later for others to read.

But in my opinion, I don't think this BK guy has much to worry about. I feel bad that JB666 got shafted, but technically, his only recourse is probably through Sickdawg. BK's argument will be that he sold it to Sickdawg, not JB666, & a lot could have happened in between transactions.

Example.....

You get your '69 Charger perfectly restored & sell it to me with resto shop invoices to back up your claims. I drag it home, & in turn I go out & race it, wreck it, then get some shoddy repairs done to doctor it up & advertise it on DC.com for anyone who wants it. Chargerfan sees it & buys it because he'd rather have a '69 anyway, & I give him all of your receipts to show him what was done to the car.

......but I don't tell him about the accident I had & the drunken crack head who used joint compound to fix it for me for $39.74 before I listed it. Do you think Chargerfan has a right to call you in SF & post how much of a sleazebag he thinks you are? I can play dumb (it's easy...lol) & say the car was perfect, I have no idea why Brock allowed spackle to be used on the car.

If I were in this situation, I wouldn't have posted a word until I already had a lawyer on Sickdawg's front steps with a subpoena, but that's just me.

(edit:)  One last thing to add, if anyone doesn't understand why Sickdawg hasn't posted, well, you should watch Judge Judy instead of Dancing With The Stars.   :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

1BAD68

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 19, 2008, 04:30:36 PM

But in my opinion, I don't think this BK guy has much to worry about. I feel bad that JB666 got shafted, but technically, his only recourse is probably through Sickdawg. BK's argument will be that he sold it to Sickdawg, not JB666, & a lot could have happened in between transactions.

That pretty much sums it all up.

Cozmo

jb666

My purpose for starting this thread wasn't to see any $$ come my way. The primary objective of this thread was to show people out there what kind of work BK Auto is capable of and to make sure there are no new victims. There's TONS of stuff out there about HLPAG, just Google their name and you'll be surprised with the results.. Do the same with Burger King Auto and you'll see nothing, until now.

If $$ was what I wanted, I'd have taken the lawyer against Brian route, but I know for a fact the guy's tapped and doesn't have a pot to piss in, so why would I make that worse? He's got kids, a house, a wife that just got laid off (I know, I sound like I am explaining his sob story) and sold ALL of his toys.

I even told BK that I'm not out for $$. The only way THEY could make this right, and save their reputation,  would be if they offered to contact my shop and pay the labor rate.

I was SO HAPPY when I bought this car that I wasn't going to be one of the people posting my "I HATE HLPAG" stories... So instead I'm here.

1BAD68

I must say that I respect what jb666 is doing, he got railed but is chalking it up and warning others about BK. But trying to take this to court in my opinion is like blowing in the wind, just money you'll be wasting. Save the money for the repairs you need on your Charger.

skip68

Stand by for VERY INTERESTING INFO that we have researched!!!!!!!  :yesnod: YOU WILL BE BLOWN AWAY!!!!! :flame: One thing that Chuck and I are good at, HUNTING DOWN CROOKS!!!!! :D Still finishing up a couple things!!!!!
Chuck & Lisa

:popcrn:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Thanks guys!!

If this was about $$ you'd have never seen a post out of me, I'd have let my lawyer do the talking.

There are other suckers, I mean DREAMERS like me out there and I'll do my best to warn them about these crooks.

Old Moparz

Hey JB666,

Just to make it clear, I wasn't hinting anything about chasing money down. I know from reading your posts that you were just informing others of what happened & that you're already fixing the car to make it right. I quoted BK's post because I have seen posts deleted in the past. What that does is, it makes members who's posts remain look sensless when they are responding to a deleted post.

I have posted many times in the past about a certain repro grille company having the crappiest service, but people still get ripped off. Back in the mid to late 80's I had my Satellite convertible in a so called "restoration shop" & got screwed. Not anywhere near what yourself & Sickdawg spent, but it taught me a valuable lesson that has kept me from never going into a deal without steel lined BVD's ever again.   :smilielol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Big Sugar

Hey JB666
    I don't know you name Sorry but I feel for you man, It's always the little guy getting screwed , If you and Brian are on good speaking terms  then I would look for a good lawyer and put BK out of business ! Really had Brian taken the car to the track or simply tried to show off it's power too his buddies he could have killed himself or possibly a bystander. He was blatently taken for a ride by BK, and Shops like that shouldn't exsist in outr Mopar community.
Put your good nature and emotions aside and handle this legaly there have got to more cars out there like this built by BK

Send your story to MCG and the rest of the Mopar Magazines

Good Luck
Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

moparstuart

Quote from: Big Sugar on November 19, 2008, 05:06:55 PM
Hey JB666
    I don't know you name Sorry but I feel for you man, It's always the little guy getting screwed , If you and Brian are on good speaking terms  then I would look for a good lawyer and put BK out of business ! Really had Brian taken the car to the track or simply tried to show off it's power too his buddies he could have killed himself or possibly a bystander. He was blatently taken for a ride by BK, and Shops like that shouldn't exsist in outr Mopar community.
Put your good nature and emotions aside and handle this legaly there have got to more cars out there like this built by BK

Send your story to MCG and the rest of the Mopar Magazines

Good Luck
Ron

lord know MCG likes to fry people as long as they done avertise with them LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

SFRT

look, any lawyer is going to tell you your problem is between you and Sickdawg, not BK.

hat =e to break it to youm you bought it from HIM not them, right?

so He would have to sue them over a car that he sold.....wont work.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: jb666 on November 19, 2008, 05:30:26 PM
ok,you got me. who's MCG?
MOPAR COLLECTORS GUIDE   they are very sensationallistic , but still the best mopar rag out there .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Drache

Quote from: SFRT on November 19, 2008, 05:32:21 PM
look, any lawyer is going to tell you your problem is between you and Sickdawg, not BK.

hat =e to break it to youm you bought it from HIM not them, right?

so He would have to sue them over a car that he sold.....wont work.

Read the last couple posts, he's not looking for money from BK Auto, this post was only made to get the knowledge out there about BK's shoddy work.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

jb666

Ok I have to show you something...

Their "custom subframe connectors" were an absolute joke. They may as well have used exhaust tubing.. The welds on the end were something your 10 year old son could do with a blindfold on.

BK's RESPONSE-thats actually funny. Anyone who knows anything about subframes or mopars knows that these are the best subframes you can buy or build. they were welded by a frame and structureal designer/fabricator that has built things for indy cars. they were correct thick wall tube and correctly welded. Since the major welding was done in this car and it was off the twirler it was made to be a bolt-on connector. Just to be safe, it was welded on by the installer, so I can see it being rough welds where it attatched to the car, but thats because it was already bolted and the welding didnt need to be perfect.

Enough said on that subject.

Big Sugar

OMG thats wild....and depressing at the same time. Call Rob Wolf at Mopar Collectors Guide You know what ....I'll send him a link to the thread....it's a good read.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

jb666

Another odd discovery is that BK's pulled his ads from EBay. He's had ads running 24/7/365 for a long time.. Too many inquiries into their builds?  :shruggy:

Steve P.

WOW... Coming from the nuclear field I have seen some incredible welding done, but to hear an answer like ( but thats because it was already bolted and the welding didnt need to be perfect. ) is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.....  :shruggy:

Are you sure this guy isn't a comedian?? 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on November 19, 2008, 07:50:38 PM
WOW... Coming from the nuclear field I have seen some incredible welding done, but to hear an answer like ( but thats because it was already bolted and the welding didnt need to be perfect. ) is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard.....  :shruggy:

Are you sure this guy isn't a comedian?? 

I'm not sure , but I can tell you this, if you were here watching the work happen on my car you'd be laughing!!  :hah:

Big Sugar

Quote from: jb666 on November 19, 2008, 06:06:56 PM
Ok I have to show you something...

Their "custom subframe connectors" were an absolute joke. They may as well have used exhaust tubing.. The welds on the end were something your 10 year old son could do with a blindfold on.

BK's RESPONSE-thats actually funny. Anyone who knows anything about subframes or mopars knows that these are the best subframes you can buy or build. they were welded by a frame and structureal designer/fabricator that has built things for indy cars. they were correct thick wall tube and correctly welded. Since the major welding was done in this car and it was off the twirler it was made to be a bolt-on connector. Just to be safe, it was welded on by the installer, so I can see it being rough welds where it attatched to the car, but thats because it was already bolted and the welding didnt need to be perfect.

How strong was the subframe it was welded too ?
Just imagine the result if that had broken loose and hung down while you were on a sunday afternoon cruise....with your kids !!

I Sent a link to the thread too Rob Wolf and Randy Holden At Mopar Collectors Guide, Interesting story, hopefully they have a connection that can help fix this, or at least get this out in the media.

Ron

Enough said on that subject.

The70RT

The torsion bar end looks pitted, sure isnt a new one. With all the blasting they did that picture doesn't do it any justice.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us