News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooperman

Hey Chuck (Skip68), do you have a link to that overhead shot of their shop? (Please!)  :icon_smile_big:
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

skip68

Google earth.  Man, that shop is like a dump.   That whole place reeks of success  :eyes:  Fixed.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

junk yard! Check out the future batmobiles! ::)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Drache

Which Google Earth do you have? My google earth looks nothing like that nor as clear!  :shruggy:

Edit: Nevermind I see you are using Virtual Earth. This google Earth picture was taken January 9, 2008 so pretty recent, not sure when the VE pictures were taken Skip is posting.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

The70RT

It looks like a big operation unless they just are in the one building. I cant imagine them working out of all of them  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steve P.

There is some good lessons in this thread and some very good warnings. The problem is that it is going off the intended track. Some things being said here boarders on slander. Some things could look to people that don't know the site well like we are all about slamming people and businesses. We need to get this thread and any like it to work for everyone. Not just to tinkle in someones Wheaties.

I don't know anyone that likes getting taken and I think this is a good thread that WILL keep others from being taken. We just need to make sure it does not become a zoo... 

OK?? 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Well, I just got back from the shop..  I'm not even leaving there surprised any more.. Bondo as thick as my hand. Painted over rust pits.. BONDO'D floor pans.

This one will get you guys chuckling. The motor is in the engine bay crooked. Yep, that's right, it isn't in there right..  :brickwall:

At least the rear end is finally looking like a car again.. All cleaned up and ready for the new parts.

Pictures to follow...

Ghoste

You'll have to keep us updated with a whole "how to fix a BK mess" thread.

69bronzeT5

Glad to hear it's looking up w/ the rearend. :cheers: Regarding the motor and bondo...WOW. :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on November 20, 2008, 10:02:03 PM
You'll have to keep us updated with a whole "how to fix a BK mess" thread.

Oh, I will.. And the soon to be website.

I'm beginning to think I'd have been better off calling Hans and his group of merry men.

skip68

Steve is right.  :yesnod:  So I've made extra shure that I say only the facts on this issue.  :yesnod: I've cleaned up a few things so I don't personally offend anyone.  Lets all do the same and keep on track.    :2thumbs:   Chuck..............

aussiemuscle

QuoteRotted frame rails covered in fiberglass.. Check out the "patches" and the holes. In person this rail is disgusting.

-There were rust spots in teh rails, almost completely confined to the rear, behind the axle and under the trunk. you can even see in the photos its mostly complete, with holes dotting teh rails. They were blasted to remove exterior rust, glassed over to make them appear smoother and undercoated. the trunk rails are not structural to the car. 99% of the weight and structure supporting i done between the front and rear wheels. this could have been done alot better, but as it has little importance to the track or structure of the car this is an area where money was saved.

trunk rails not structural? is that right?
structural or not, it'd never pass inspection here. in a rear end crash, it'd be deadly. what's it worth then?

jb666

Quote from: aussiemuscle on November 20, 2008, 11:59:08 PM
QuoteRotted frame rails covered in fiberglass.. Check out the "patches" and the holes. In person this rail is disgusting.

-There were rust spots in teh rails, almost completely confined to the rear, behind the axle and under the trunk. you can even see in the photos its mostly complete, with holes dotting teh rails. They were blasted to remove exterior rust, glassed over to make them appear smoother and undercoated. the trunk rails are not structural to the car. 99% of the weight and structure supporting i done between the front and rear wheels. this could have been done alot better, but as it has little importance to the track or structure of the car this is an area where money was saved.

trunk rails not structural? is that right?
structural or not, it'd never pass inspection here. in a rear end crash, it'd be deadly. what's it worth then?

To them apparently nothing, because I was told "even if you lived in Texas and could bring it over I would not fix that at my expense, he got what he paid for"

So again we keep falling back to "cheap Brian" who only paid $56+k

hemi68charger

Quote from: The70RT on November 20, 2008, 09:40:11 PM
It looks like a big operation unless they just are in the one building. I cant imagine them working out of all of them  :shruggy:

They are in the southern most building with the cars in the back.. Like I stated, I used to live down the street in the neighborhood to the South.... They only had the one building then as fas as I knew...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Troy, when you stopped in there and checked the place out, did it look like they were Charger butchers to you or did you perceive something different than what's shown in this thread.

FLG

Sorry to hear about all this...will be following the thread. Im glad your sticking with the car though, better then just passing it along.

Skip, future note...if you need to take a pic of the screen hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. Open up MS paint and hold CTRL and hit "V". You will have a complete copy of the screen, just resize it if need be and save it as a JPEG.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2008, 12:30:58 PM
Troy, when you stopped in there and checked the place out, did it look like they were Charger butchers to you or did you perceive something different than what's shown in this thread.

When I was there, there was a '69 that was pretty much in primer I believe. So I really didn't get to see the actual work. But the cars that were outside were pretty dang rusty... Sooo, I'm thinking, and it's just my observation and nothing more, the GL's start off as very rusty.. This was all about 2 years ago......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

jb666

Quote from: FLG on November 21, 2008, 12:37:16 PM
Sorry to hear about all this...will be following the thread. Im glad your sticking with the car though, better then just passing it along.

Skip, future note...if you need to take a pic of the screen hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard. Open up MS paint and hold CTRL and hit "V". You will have a complete copy of the screen, just resize it if need be and save it as a JPEG.

Thanks.. I couldn't imagine passing this on to someone else.. I'd rather see it through to the end (except, we started at the end!!  :lol:)

jb666

Ok, here are a few pictures from last night..

Aside from finding old/original floor/trunk sections that had rot where BK was too lazy to cut/replace..

Does this look like a sandblasted frame to you?

Driver's side:

Can't wait to see what's under this mess of Bondo

Some of the new parts that had just arrived..

Trying to find spots that weren't painted over rust pits.. No luck though  :shruggy:

It's no surprise to any of you that this car was never blasted, but they looked for evidence of sand ever hitting this car and there was none.. You can never get rid of all the sand from that job, and there's none hiding anywhere on this car..

MoparManJim

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on November 21, 2008, 04:32:45 PM
Yea, there is sand, it's just in visable  :smilielol: 

That just about sums up the quality of a LOT of their work -- INVISIBLE!!  :lol:

Wait till you see the angle of the motor next to the K-frame. :hah:

PocketThunder

They even painted the door latch.  But maybe thats how WB painted the TV show generals also..  :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

jb666

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 21, 2008, 04:41:44 PM
They even painted the door latch.  But maybe thats how WB painted the TV show generals also..  :shruggy:

I honestly have no clue, but I can say that they didn't do it to match any WB car, they did it because it was the easy way out. The jams are a mess. How difficult is it to clear the paint in the jams.. not tough at all.