News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Take these low life bastards to court.

With the pictures you provided of the crap work they did, along with invoices of such said work....it should go down pretty good.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on November 24, 2008, 07:18:06 PM
Take these low life bastards to court.

With the pictures you provided of the crap work they did, along with invoices of such said work....it should go down pretty good.

Already in the works.. (legal action, that is).

How about 5 different invoices totaling over $1800 for "engine installation"?? How many different bills did you have to cut to install the motor??

4 invoices and over $1000 to "assemble the brake system", which was BY FAR one of the most hacked messes I've ever seen. It had to be totally gutten and replaced.

$130 to "road test and trouble shoot cooling problem"?? WHAT cooling problem? You claimed, in my email, that it was perfect when it left your shop and never had any issues.

$275 for the cheap turn signals you butched into the hood? Ouch!!

$146 to "diagnose cooling problem" , then on the same invoice $10 for a T-Stat. You already charged to road test & trouble shoot this same issue!!

I'll scan some more in tomorrow night, I really need to put these things down right now. NEVER have I seen a shop rip someone off quite so bad.

hemi-hampton

He said car was Media blasted on rotiserrie & invoice say's at least twice all rust will be repaired & welded if needed. BUT, If you look at this Pic of Trunk Extension it's obvious it's never been blasted & rust was never repaired. Trunk Extension should of been replaced. Probably what he charged for in the $2500 in repop parts but never actually used it. The invoice & this picture alone should make it a easy win in court :scratchchin: :flame: :brickwall: :RantExplode: :icon_smile_angry:

General_01

Before you load your gun, double check your invoices. On the battery cable part, one invoice looks like the billing for the part and the other looks like the billing for the labor to install it. Same with the throttle assembly. Not saying they didn't rip Brian off, but that is what it looks like they were doing on those two items. Just want you to make sure you are seeing what you are seeing. Good Luck. The car is looking very nice. I like those frame connectors. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemi-hampton

I notice you say Item #1, Subframe connectors is fine at $300. You mean you'd pay $300 for those. You'll have to pay someone $300 to remove & replace.  :shruggy:

joflaig

I guess I'm not clear on how you could sue BK. You didn't buy the car from them. I could see how you might get them in legal trouble with various state agencies in Texas, but not being a lawyer I would think you'd need to sue the guy you bought it from. He must have been desperate to offload it and either was totolly dishonest with you or one of the most ignorant people about cars on earth, of course he has not spoken here nor should he on this forum as he owes nothing to any of us.  :Twocents:

General_01

I am thinking that by fine he means that something resembling them were on the car and was only billed for once. NOT that he is fine with the price for the junk they put on the car.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on November 24, 2008, 08:59:58 PM
I am thinking that by fine he means that something resembling them were on the car and was only billed for once. NOT that he is fine with the price for the junk they put on the car.

Bingo!!  :cheers:

And Joflaig, I've said enough, I can't get into details right now.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

As for the invoice(s), we definitely could read them as parts/labor, but once again, their lack of detail is a joke. The fact that all of these parts exist on paper only is the real issue here.

Hemi-Hampton - I agree completely, the only "blasting" that was done in connection to this car is what they did to Brian.

hemi-hampton

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 24, 2008, 09:07:49 PM
I dont understand why Brian didn't sue :shruggy:

Me neither, but it's something I wasn't meant to understand.. I think it was just easier to put the whole thing behind him. This was supposed to be his dream come true, instead it was a visit from Jason, Freddie and Oprah all in one nightmare.  :popcrn:

skip68

:scratchchin:  I would really like to see what the bill of sale and title from BK to Brian looks like.    :naughty:  If you could black out all of Brian's info and post it that would be great.  :naughty:  I bet that there would be some guest reading this that would like to see it.   :naughty: :whistling: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

hemi-hampton

Is it possible to team up together in a combined (joint) lawsuit. 2 for 1 deal? LEON. :scratchchin: :shruggy:

skip68

:yesnod: Brian can go in or be pulled in.  :yesnod:   They (BK) Purchased, Built and then sold a car that is not safe nor legal.  Just because the first owner turns around and sells it, it doesn't make BK exempt from all liabilities.  The answers to that is in their own paperwork.  Use their own words against them and watch them implode.  :yesnod:  That is one of the reasons I'd like to see the bill of sale.   :yesnod:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

1BAD68

I'm not a lawyer but this is the way it looks to me...
There's a ton of evidence that BK built a death trap and then sold it after way overcharging the customer, that is completely illegal in all 50 states.
But, Brian never complained and actually enjoyed the car before he sold it to jb666. That is the issue that BK's lawyer will focus on. They said they would build a custom General Lee and the buyer paid and enjoyed it and then sold it with the opinion that it was a nice car. Thats the only agreement BK had to satisfy. Whatever was found after the sale to jb666 unfortunately BK is not liable for. Brian should have sued and it would've been a slam dunk for him.

jb666

Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying Brian "enjoyed" the car. He took delivery of it and sold it 2 weeks later, because he was broke and desperate.

This story got a LOT worse this morning, and I'll post pictures later. The shop removed the rear window, and then the rear panel between the quarters. THERE IS NO METAL back there, the whole thing is Bondo, 2" thick. It's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen, and the pictures will make you say :eek2:

I've never seen anything this bad...

My parts list just went up.

1BAD68

Quote from: jb666 on November 25, 2008, 10:21:33 AM
Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying Brian "enjoyed" the car. He took delivery of it and sold it 2 weeks later, because he was broke and desperate.

I'm pretty sure he got it last Dec. or Jan. and then put it up for sale in June, thats 5 months. I'm guessing you bought it sometime in August?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,38192.msg419908.html#msg419908

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45761.msg519809.html#msg519809

The70RT

Sickdawg showed pics underneath on a lift in the ad for sale. I am sure he seen the carnage. It is just too bad he didn't sue the bastards....or even finished paying them and let them be stuck with it before passing it off like he did. I know he took a loss but I couldn't pass one off like that, I like to sleep at night.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on November 25, 2008, 11:15:16 AM
Sickdawg showed pics underneath on a lift in the ad for sale. I am sure he seen the carnage. It is just too bad he didn't sue the bastards....or even finished paying them and let them be stuck with it before passing it off like he did. I know he took a loss but I couldn't pass one off like that, I like to sleep at night.

I know...

To be honest, you guys probably 'know' Sickdawg better than me.  Maybe he did know, maybe he didn't. At this point he's been helping me by supplying original paperwork and all details he can remember.

I'm really not looking to blame anyone except the assholes that built this thing.

jb666

Quote from: 1BAD68 on November 25, 2008, 11:08:28 AM
Quote from: jb666 on November 25, 2008, 10:21:33 AM

I'm pretty sure he got it last Dec. or Jan. and then put it up for sale in June, thats 5 months. I'm guessing you bought it sometime in August?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,38192.msg419908.html#msg419908

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45761.msg519809.html#msg519809

He didn't have the car (in his possession) when that first thread was posted. He took delivery of this car right after he posted that first ad in the FS section. In fact, none of those pictures are his, they were all taken in BK's yard. He put this car up for sale before he had it in his garage because of his financial situation. (At least it's what I was told...)

SFRT

its fairly obvious that the sickdawg dude passed the buck/dodged a bullet and that 666 got the shaft.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: SFRT on November 25, 2008, 11:49:33 AM
its fairly obvious that the sickdawg dude passed the buck/dodged a bullet and that 666 got the shaft.

Well, after reading that last (link) post, I have come to the conclusion that:

1. He was talking smack and making up stories

2. He lied to me from the get-go and had the car longer then he let on.

Either way, instead of getting discouraged and wondering who did what, I'm concentrating on what BK DID NOT DO (or better yet what they DID do).

skip68

:rotz:  I have to be honest.   :yesnod:  Brian holds the key to a lot of holes and blanks.  Like I said long ago, I don't see JB getting any money out of this and that's not what he's looking for.  Either Brian an BK are in it together ( which I doubt ) or just Bk.  In any case it looks like BK Automotive has committed FRAUD.  Brian selling the car,(  knowing how bad it was or not ) DOES NOT GET BK Automotive off the hook or out of trouble for breaking the Laws.  :yesnod: 

1BAD68

That is true, but it would take a lot of money for a lawyer to sort this out and it looks like jb666 has his hands full already with the repairs on his car.
I wonder if a "class action suit" would be the way to go?
There must be other guys that bought some of these cars from BK and are aware of the shoddy work, maybe get in touch with them? There would be no loop holes for BK to slip through if a BK customer sues.