News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2008, 01:51:49 PM
Now, now, everyone is entitled to an opinion whether its the popular one or not. 
or an informed one....

Steve P.

I agree with Ghoste.

Now,,,,  can we please KEEP this train on the proper tracks?? It would be an absolute shame to have to lock this thread up and watch it sink into the dark. Non of us want this to happen. This is a very important thread to many who don't even know it yet.

I highly suggest that this thread is kept to the point and not the silly, non-helping cracks that only make something good into something lost.

Everyone has an opinion and they are at liberty to express it. I only ask that this thread be kept to it's intent.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

SFRT

I'm still a little freaked out that theres an entire world of Kit the Talking Car clone enthusiasts out there.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: SFRT on November 28, 2008, 02:44:06 PM
I'm still a little freaked out that theres an entire world of Kit the Talking Car clone enthusiasts out there.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

maybe BK can start making the new mustang  kitt , oh that would be off a new car sorry to nice for BK
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

AKcharger

skip68

:scratchchin:   Perhaps when this is all over and done the Moderators can make a short version.  :shruggy: That has all the details and points of interest covered.  :2thumbs:  Or , maybe that's something that jb666 will have to do ?    :shruggy:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Chuck, that one is the mods area.  I've seen them do it before....they've gone in and cleaned up some pretty good train wrecks.
When is the next round of pics jb.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on November 28, 2008, 06:24:58 PM
Chuck, that one is the mods area.  I've seen them do it before....they've gone in and cleaned up some pretty good train wrecks.
When is the next round of pics jb.

Thanks to "Black Friday" I spent 3/4 of the day shopping and wasn't able to make it to the shop.. I'll be there in the morning and will come back with plenty of pictures. The car's quite a bit lighter, I'm told.. So I asked if that meant all of the bondo removal or if the quarters were off.. He said "BOTH"  :lol:

I actually got good news! Lower rockers/doors are in great shape.. Finally, something that didn't need to be replaced!!!  :2thumbs:

Chris G.

Quote from: mikepmcs on November 28, 2008, 06:24:58 PM

Very true. Soooooooooooooooo...... if anyone notices their post magically disappear, consider it trying to keep this thread online and productive. I'm sure everyone will understand.  :2thumbs:

jb666

Here are some new progress pictures.. it's coming along GREAT (in person). The work that was done under the car is amazing, it looks like brand new!

The driver's/passenger's dog legs are done, I now have brand new metal in there!!! Both sides were completely rotted out and filled with Bondo..

And here's a pc of the lower quarter that came off.. Nice way to make a patch, instead of cutting out the rotted section and patching it, let's just go right over the rot!!

Excuse the dust and film props, here's one of the subframe connectors coming up through the floor

And here he is, nekkid  :'( , but it's coming together, and that I'm VERY happy about!! I've already got the paint shop lined up once this work is done, too, which is GREAT news.

And here's what I'll leave you with, for today. Check out the (top) roof line near where the back window was.. Look straight to you?  :eek2: This will be the icing on the cake if the roof needs to be replaced.. I'm keeping my finger's crossed that it's just mudded up about 2" back and clean from there. This car used to have a vinyl top, so I'm sure it just trapped all the moisture under there and rotted the death out of the window area.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skip68

:o  Man that's looking good.  :2thumbs:  Now that's how you build a car for everyone watching.  :2thumbs:  :drool5:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on November 29, 2008, 04:14:11 PM
Looks like your headed in the right direction  :2thumbs:

Thanks, I'm REALLY siked about the work being done. The car is going to be incredible when it's done and it'll stay that way. Not saying it's going to be a garage queen, but it'll only be out on nice days.. Plus arrangements will be made to paint all the graphics on the car. I don't want to use decals this time around..

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on November 29, 2008, 04:18:45 PM
:o  Man that's looking good.  :2thumbs:  Now that's how you build a car for everyone watching.  :2thumbs:  :drool5:

It's only the beginning.. This guy's work is incredible -- The next few weeks will be great seeing everything go together.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Back N Black

Looks good! just as well do those rear window regulators while the quarters are off, makes it much easier.

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on November 29, 2008, 06:26:19 PM
Looks good! just as well do those rear window regulators while the quarters are off, makes it much easier.

Someone changed them already.. Used? I'm sure.. The only way I know this is because all of the old hardware was down inside the quarter  :lol:

joflaig

You going to have it media blasted at some point? Seems like there is a lot of (maybe) superficial surface rust in areas your're not replacing or working on?

Have you educated yourself about the world of car painting or are just taking whatever they tell you at the shop or painters? It never hurts to bounce things off other people.

skip68

Quote from: joflaig on November 29, 2008, 09:17:21 PM
You going to have it media blasted at some point? Seems like there is a lot of (maybe) superficial surface rust in areas your're not replacing or working on?

Have you educated yourself about the world of car painting or are just taking whatever they tell you at the shop or painters? It never hurts to bounce things off other people.
:2thumbs:  That's a good  :Twocents:  :yesnod:

BB1

I would media blast the whole thing since too.

Love your enthusiasm.
Delete my profile

jb666

Quote from: joflaig on November 29, 2008, 09:17:21 PM

yes, he's hitting that this week.  Part was done if you notice the inner rear valance. It's blasted and sealed. He's working his way up and sealing everything off before putting the quarters on the car. He's doing this right, and not just doing the classic "cover-up".

I'm not taking anything at face value, but none of this is "new" to the shop(s) doing the work , and the one thing I know (from seeing the cars they've been putting out for years) is that this will be done right.:cheers: 

hemi-hampton

I like to paint behind the 1/4's before I weld them on. I dont know anybody else that does this. Looks good & nobody will see it but protects much better then just primer & will last longer. LEON.

FLG

WOW Hemi  :cheers:

Why not just use a good sealer behind them?

Id hate to have to remove the quarters every time you wanted to polish that area  :nana: