News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: terrible one on December 01, 2008, 12:11:05 PM
And another:

http://www.knightregistries.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494&page=3

The Knight Rider guys sure are having a tough time of them . . . only 4 complaints? Ever? Really?

EDIT:

Another

http://knightrideronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6136&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Hehe, check out BK's replies there . . . same bullshit!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Good find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cheers:

Check out this clip from BK's post "over there":

I don't have time to go into the details, I let my work speak for itself. You like, you buy. You don't, please go somewhere else. Bottom line is you get what you pay for. Julien is alittle mistaken about what he paid for the car to begin with, and left out the facts of having us collect parts, install parts at his request, locate parts at his request, and then refusing to pay for them. He also neglected to mention being refunded $1400 for bodywork/paintwork he chose not to have done. Also, brand new interior got ruined when he requested we find electric window doors, then would not pay to install, so we could not roll the window up. Also neglected to mention he does not return OUR emails when we try to contact him, for several periods up to months at a time.

Also not mentioned is the $300 primer we used on the car and the week of body work done to the car to get it to where it sits now that WAS NOT CHARGED simply because I felt like doing it because the car looks like such a pile and he simply cannot afford to make it very nice.

If all we produced was crap, we would not do work for Wrigley's gum, fortune 500 companies or build one of what is currently the most valuable muscle car on the planet Earth. Everything we do is available for inspection to our customers/friends/relatives/lawyers/ect. We have been in the same location for YEARS, with the same web address and easy to find/use emails addresses and telephone numbers for years. We are not difficult to find and reach.

Our standard payment for vehicles ranges from very bottom-line $20,000 up to $50,000 or more. If you pay anything less, your obviously getting a pile of SH#*. I can't pay for other peopes cars out of my own pocket, its a business and the object of business is for people to pay for thier own work.

So his builds go anywhere "up to $50k", yet my $50k car was a "cheap low budget build"  :brickwall:

My God, BK Auto contradicts themselves everywhere they turn!! Thank you though, this info will all go to good use!!

jb666

One last part of BK's reply I'd like to comment on is this one:

In the end, I lost money, he lost money, the only one who looks to win on this in JB which is good for him. The car looks like it is being done VERY well and from what I hear its a more than reasonable cost. It will be well worth it once complete.

How am I looking to "win"?? I gave you multiple chances to make this whole mess right. I told you if you wanted to contact my shop I'd gladly step aside, and that I'd let everyone know that you did the right thing. You told me I was giving you a ransom note, and that you wouldn't be helping me.  So please, explain to me again how I'm winning anything?? Thomas, if you think for a minute that this is over you are sadly mistaken. It would have been SO much better for you, as a company, to simply settle this. Now I'm afraid this will become one of your largest financial downfalls, and you have no one but yourself to blame.

And in closing -- You said that The Smith Bros were the best company to be building a General, yet you say you can make a Sema show car that is "currently the most valuable muscle car on the planet".  Shouldn't you know how to do a car right if this is the case? Did you fiberglass the frame rails of your $250k Sema car? If so, maybe the show organizers should be clued in to what their judges are missing  :lol:

You tell me "Good luck with the car".. And I say GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BUSINESS.  :cheers: :cheers:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

terrible one

Quote from: jb666 on December 01, 2008, 12:26:01 PM
Quote from: terrible one on December 01, 2008, 12:11:05 PM
And another:

http://www.knightregistries.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1494&page=3

The Knight Rider guys sure are having a tough time of them . . . only 4 complaints? Ever? Really?

EDIT:

Another

http://knightrideronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6136&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Hehe, check out BK's replies there . . . same bullshit!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Good find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :cheers:

Check out this clip from BK's post "over there":

I don't have time to go into the details, I let my work speak for itself. You like, you buy. You don't, please go somewhere else. Bottom line is you get what you pay for. Julien is alittle mistaken about what he paid for the car to begin with, and left out the facts of having us collect parts, install parts at his request, locate parts at his request, and then refusing to pay for them. He also neglected to mention being refunded $1400 for bodywork/paintwork he chose not to have done. Also, brand new interior got ruined when he requested we find electric window doors, then would not pay to install, so we could not roll the window up. Also neglected to mention he does not return OUR emails when we try to contact him, for several periods up to months at a time.

Also not mentioned is the $300 primer we used on the car and the week of body work done to the car to get it to where it sits now that WAS NOT CHARGED simply because I felt like doing it because the car looks like such a pile and he simply cannot afford to make it very nice.

If all we produced was crap, we would not do work for Wrigley's gum, fortune 500 companies or build one of what is currently the most valuable muscle car on the planet Earth. Everything we do is available for inspection to our customers/friends/relatives/lawyers/ect. We have been in the same location for YEARS, with the same web address and easy to find/use emails addresses and telephone numbers for years. We are not difficult to find and reach.

Our standard payment for vehicles ranges from very bottom-line $20,000 up to $50,000 or more. If you pay anything less, your obviously getting a pile of SH#*. I can't pay for other peopes cars out of my own pocket, its a business and the object of business is for people to pay for thier own work.

So his builds go anywhere "up to $50k", yet my $50k car was a "cheap low budget build"  :brickwall:

My God, BK Auto contradicts themselves everywhere they turn!! Thank you though, this info will all go to good use!!

Haha oh yeah man, no problem. Did you see the pictures of the car?!

http://knightriderta.monsite.wanadoo.fr/page1.html

jb666

terrible one

Quote from: jb666 on December 01, 2008, 12:48:39 PM
:o OMG that's atrocious!!

That guy must have been cheap, too!! :lol:

$13,000 cheap!

"Hello Everybody,
I'm the buyer of this car... I will write the story later. Neps, you can keep the post, it's too late now, the seller knows, and doesn't want to cooperate... For Information the car was paid $13.000. But the value is about $1000, because nothing was done on the car...
The car is really in bad condition, and the seller NEVER send me any picture of the car in 1 year of wait.

For $13,000 I was suppose to get a nice Kitt (minus the dashboard), and now the seller keeps wanting money to complete it. I paid him all up front.
And he said it would be completed in 4 weeks and now it is more than one year later."

Hmmm . . . maybe someone should call and ask if they will sell them some KITT parts?

"Well, Now that Rob Louisell has been given the OFFICIAL license from Universal to produce Knight Rider parts, BK won't be supplying anybody with anything Knight Rider related. All US conversion companies were issued "cease and desist" orders by Universal. If Universal finds that they are still producing parts, the WILL prosecute them! They are also within their legal rights to go in with federal marshals and take their molds. I have heard that they are not playing around. It may take a little while to get everybody, but the hammer is going to drop."

skip68

I've seen the car.  :eek2:  BK, I can't speak for anyone but myself when I say this.   RANSOM ? This is not about ransom, it's about doing what's right.  :scratchchin: BK, I'll say this so you understand were I'm coming from.  :yesnod: You peed in my backyard,  :nono: and now I'm going to pee in your yard !  There will be no ransom !  :rotz: :eyes:   :coolgleamA:   Chuck..........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Like is said long ago, most of the scams are in other countries.  :yesnod: They need money to pay for the previous car and so on.  BK has no money.  :rotz:   :scratchchin: Unless you give it to them.  :smilielol:

jb666

I talked to the owner of the shop doing my work tonight, and we were talking about how BK said how nice the shop is doing on my car, he just said "Gee, coming from someone like him that really means a lot!!"

Yep, he's been watching this thread.
  :smilielol:

hemi-hampton

After reading the KITT car forum Looks like BK has been doing this scamming for years & still getting away with it. Whata shame :rotz: :rotz: :-\ :-\

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 01, 2008, 07:25:24 PM
After reading the KITT car forum Looks like BK has been doing this scamming for years & still getting away with it. Whata shame :rotz: :rotz: :-\ :-\

What's a shame is that all of those threads didn't come up when I was searching for the dirt on BK before buying this car...

So.....I got a call from a rather large Texas Newspaper reporter today. Gee, I wonder how he found out about this thread. He wants to run a story and said things like this bother him personally. He said I'll need about an hour with him on the phone, but he's gathering some more information & quotes from this thread.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

CFMopar

Sorry to hear bout your car... Glad its starting to come around...

I got hosed on my engine many years ago when I let a shop do it without researching it. Quoted 5000 to build and install came to 11,000 when done... Fucked up the compression 8:1 instead of 10:1 and other things....

Unfortunetly, with these cars... when lessons are learned its normally very $$$

1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

NHCharger

BK's responses leave me dumbfounded. In two of his responses he admits he hasn't bothered to read the entire thread which I find hard to believe. I ran my own construction company for fifteen years. If I was informed of a thread like this trashing my work I'd be going over it with a fine tooth comb, and threatening legal action for defamation of character.

After reading BK's last reply it is crystal clear to me that this guy is a professional, scam artist that is. I've had the unfortunate pleasure of knowing several contractors who operated like BK. They screwed customers on a regular basis, showed no regret or remorse for the suffering and hardships they caused, never mind the fact these people were all out large sums of money, much more than Brian in some cases. The one common characteristic these contractors all had. They came across as over grown boy scouts when in reality the were wolves in sheep's clothing.  

BTW. Skip, remind me never to get on your bad side. Have I told you lately how much I luv ya. ;)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

moparstuart

I'm sure BK is lurking right now and has read every word in this thread several times  :Twocents: :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

skip68

NHCharger, I'm not that bad.   :scratchchin:  I'll tell you what I tell everyone.  If you've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about.   :icon_smile_big:  I guess I just don't like liars and thieves.  :flame:  What can I say.  :shruggy:  :yesnod:

jb666

Well, I gave about 90 minutes to the reporter today.. He's got a TON of facts put together and says there will be a story. The only thing he asked is that I not say where he's from until it's published... I can do that!!  :cheers:

Cooperman

Any chance you could reproduce the article here JB? ...Once it's published of course!   :popcrn:
I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

jb666

Quote from: Cooperman on December 02, 2008, 06:03:06 PM
Any chance you could reproduce the article here JB? ...Once it's published of course!   :popcrn:

Oh you can count on that happening!!

hemi-hampton

Bad Publicity has very little negative effect on these type of people unfortunately :-\

skip68

I'm just keeping this thread close to the top so it's easy for guest to find.  :2thumbs:  I've been watching the who's on line a bit to get an idea of just how many guest are reading it.  :2thumbs:                                     Man, there is so many hits.  :2thumbs:  I'll have an update soon so stay tuned.  :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 02, 2008, 09:58:54 PM
Bad Publicity has very little negative effect on these type of people unfortunately :-\

Well, they might not effect the people, but it sure will effect the business  :cheers:

hemi-hampton

NO, Not when you just change your business name & location & start all over again. :brickwall:

jb666