News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: jb666 on December 03, 2008, 07:20:27 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 03, 2008, 07:11:31 PM
NO, Not when you just change your business name & location & start all over again. :brickwall:

True... We'll follow  :lol:

Moving takes time and money. They will have to lose. It sure wont help them.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi-hampton

I know people that do it all the time, routine for some people. LEON.

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 03, 2008, 08:36:14 PM
I know people that do it all the time, routine for some people. LEON.

Yes, but the one thing BK has "prided" themselves in is the fact that they've been in business for so many years. HOW, I don't know, but that's what they say!!

Funny thing is I've had more then 4 "complaints" come to me by more than 4 different people.. Blows a hole in that theory  :shruggy:

hemi-hampton

It takes a good lawsuit & a loss to make them change or move, ect. If that never happens they'll just keep doing what they do & you know what that is. LEON.

BradD

I'm not surprised! There's a lot of junk on the road from guys trying to make a fast buck in the muscle car and hot rod market. POR15 and Rust Bullet are making millions from the half-ass repair crowd! Paint does not stop rust. Then there's the $100 mig welder owners who dont know how to melt two pieces of metal together. I see this stuff all the time.
Brad

jb666

I stopped by really quickly tonight to check the car out (dropping off a few parts) and it's coming along really nice. The driver's side quarter is on, and I wanted to share a couple of pics.. Very clean weld work here!!

More over the next day or two when I get back by the shop. It's so nice seeing all of that rust & Bondo GONE from the car!!

PocketThunder

Quote from: jb666 on December 04, 2008, 08:58:44 PM
I stopped by really quickly tonight to check the car out (dropping off a few parts) and it's coming along really nice. The driver's side quarter is on, and I wanted to share a couple of pics.. Very clean weld work here!!

More over the next day or two when I get back by the shop. It's so nice seeing all of that rust & Bondo GONE from the car!!

Damn that is nice work.  where is this shop located, what state?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hemidog

Looking very good!
Take some detailed pictures of the deck filler panel install please. That is going to be my next project.

jb666

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 04, 2008, 09:55:29 PM
Quote from: jb666 on December 04, 2008, 08:58:44 PM

Damn that is nice work.  where is this shop located, what state?

Thanks!! The shop is in Mass, about 30 minutes south of Boston.

jb666

Quote from: Hemidog on December 05, 2008, 06:13:29 AM
Looking very good!
Take some detailed pictures of the deck filler panel install please. That is going to be my next project.

You've got it!!  :cheers: :cheers:

Bluestar

I'm in Mass about 30 miles south of Boston.  Would be adverse in posting which shop you are using as I know a couple of the good Mopar shops in the area.  No worries if you'd rather not divulge this info though.

jb666

Quote from: Bluestar on December 05, 2008, 09:06:18 PM
I'm in Mass about 30 miles south of Boston.  Would be adverse in posting which shop you are using as I know a couple of the good Mopar shops in the area.  No worries if you'd rather not divulge this info though.

I'll send you some info, if you'd like, but I don't want to put it out here because I'm sure BK Auto's still reading this (because I'm sure by now they've been contacted by the media for a quote, if not very soon) and I don't want them calling my shop and questioning them.

:cheers: :cheers:

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

skip68

I have to admit that this topic is serving 2 purposes now.  :yesnod:   Getting BK and showing great detail on a rebuild.  :2thumbs:  JB, Can you give us a ballpark of the cost to have this work done so those watching will know what it takes to do this? ?   Thank's.  :2thumbs:    :popcrn: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Do you tack the BK price on to the front of whatever it costs to correct their "restoration"?

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on December 06, 2008, 01:29:14 PM
Do you tack the BK price on to the front of whatever it costs to correct their "restoration"?

What do you mean? You mean if there was a law suit?

As for the cost of this, I'll update that once the project is complete (before paint) , but let's just say that a couple of times $20k has been put out there.. It'll be well under 1/2 of that amount.. 

I stopped at the shop this morning, everything's sealed, ready to be seam sealed and coated.. It looks amazing under the car. The passenger's rear quarter should be done early this week , at which point I'll post plenty of pictures.. I am going out of my skin in anticipation of the final product, now..  :cheers: :cheers:

Ghoste

Actually I was trying to be clever but again I fall short.  My joke was that you were asked about the costs in the project but many of the costs are associated with work BK did, didn't do, and did but screwed up.  Hence is the answer what you pay or what you pay plus what was already paid to BK and became responsible for further costs incurred now.

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on December 06, 2008, 04:03:15 PM
Actually I was trying to be clever but again I fall short.  My joke was that you were asked about the costs in the project but many of the costs are associated with work BK did, didn't do, and did but screwed up.  Hence is the answer what you pay or what you plus what was already paid to BK and became responsible for further costs incurred now.

Sorry about that!! I see what you're saying now... If that's the case then my "repair costs" are REALLY high.

Ghoste

It's kind of like the way the government does accounting.  You know, what you pay versus what they say things cost versus what they say they "invest" in you versus the amount you actually see come and go from your bank account.

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on December 06, 2008, 04:11:13 PM
It's kind of like the way the government does accounting.  You know, what you pay versus what they say things cost versus what they say they "invest" in you versus the amount you actually see come and go from your bank account.

Well, that's another issue in itself.. One that I'm not looking back on.. I'm so deep into this now I'm just looking forward to the finished product (and driving BK into the ground).

I pointed 8 different news stations to this thread in the past 2 days. I'm sure we'll have some 'new visitor's' very soon.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

I'll have a couple of good updates later on.  I'm not sure if you contacted someone at the BBB, but I got an email (and then a call) from a supervisor there who is "reviewing several claims against BK", which I was pleased to give information on. Quite a few people have stepped forward.

I don't have a publication date (yet) for the article in the Chronicle, but it's coming... (So I've been told).

68charger383

Hey JB, here is a video I found on a GL resto I believe by the Smith Bros....now that is a nice job!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gJ47MZkWbM&NR=1
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10