News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Compression depends on how much you want to overdrive them or underdrive them. LEON.

WingCharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 24, 2008, 04:40:12 PM
Compression depends on how much you want to overdrive them or underdrive them. LEON.
I read in M.C.G. that low compressions work better with superchargers and turbos than high? :shruggy:

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 24, 2008, 04:38:05 PM
Well, Your doing or that Jon is doing a good job, keep it up.  :2thumbs: LEON.

Jon's doing it all -- I just say "we" because I'm watching  :icon_smile_big:

skip68

:scratchchin:  So if you settle with BK, do I still get some of the junk?   :icon_smile_big:   Chuck...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on December 24, 2008, 04:44:36 PM
:scratchchin:  So if you settle with BK, do I still get some of the junk?   :icon_smile_big:   Chuck...........

Chuck, your box is already packed!!!

skip68

:drool5:  Coooooooooooooool  :2thumbs:  That's just what I wanted for Christmas.  We have a real good BONDO between us.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:      Chuck..............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

teamroth

Lookin good JB. Question, does the settlement work as a gag order? The reason I ask, is I think they should compensate you, but does that mean they get to continue business as usual? I'm not questioning your judgement one way or the other, as I'm not sure what I would do, just curious. I really want to see them closed.

Thad
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Ghoste

hemi-hampton

skip68

:scratchchin:  Then how will they gag me?   :shruggy:  I guess I should settle too.  :icon_smile_cool:  Hush money anyone ?  :icon_smile_big:   :scratchchin:  I could use some new seat covers.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and  $ :scratchchin: one more $  I bet there is several thousand people that have heard the word on BK.  :rotz: I think Brian should get something too.   Jeff, Don't sign anything without it being looked at by an attorney.   :yesnod:  If BK has money to pay, then that means they have money to loose.  If you know what I mean.  :yesnod:   Chuck..............

jb666

Wow, guys.. I was looking at this as a good thing.. Now you have me second guessing myself.. To me, it's not about a "gag", but I can definitely see your point there..  I'm merely looking at it as ok, they've realized the car should have been done better, and are trying to make this right.. But it could be taken both ways..

So are you guys all saying you wouldn't take it, if it were you??  :popcrn:

General_01

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 24, 2008, 06:32:28 PM
Seems like Brian should get Reimburst his $35k he lost out on :scratchchin: :-\ :shruggy: :brickwall:

Why should Brian get anything? He passed the mess off onto Jeff. Jeff did all the work to eek something out of them. Brian already got his money from Jeff. Just my  :Twocents:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

General_01

Quote from: jb666 on December 24, 2008, 07:14:23 PM
Wow, guys.. I was looking at this as a good thing.. Now you have me second guessing myself.. To me, it's not about a "gag", but I can definitely see your point there..  I'm merely looking at it as ok, they've realized the car should have been done better, and are trying to make this right.. But it could be taken both ways..

That is up to you. I think they are trying to pay you money to stop you because you are the catalyst for bigger problems from past customers. Those other people that have contacted you did not do or say anything until you contacted them. If they stop you in your tracks, the other people will probably just go away.

I forgot the end of my post, so like Troy said below. Take the money.
496 stroker
4-speed

Troy

Dude! (said in my best stoner voice) Take the money! :yesnod: Goodness knows all this stuff wasn't free for you and there's only so far that "principal" can go. Getting anything out of BK is a "win" in your position and proves your argument. If the engine has issues it sounds like you'll be at a standstill and it's soooo easy to become discouraged on these projects. If you have to shut up about the whole thing then it's no big deal because the word is already out. Don't be stupid just to prove a point. My opinion of course... :Twocents:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

skip68

I think it's great that they may help.  The problem is if not for this site and all the bad press so to speak, you would be getting nothing.  BK is only doing this because they are looking for a way out as far as I see it.  I won't sit back and hear of this happening to someone else down the road.  :icon_smile_angry: Wrong is wrong.  :yesnod:   If it was me, I would take all I could from BK and make it very clear that this will never happen again.  :yesnod:   If this was the case where BK truly DID NOT KNOW how bad his guys built this car then I can understand and think that he should be able to make good on it and come out of this with an even better name.  :yesnod:  But, we all read his post's.   :rotz:  He knew this was going bad from the get go and yet did nothing to try and show concern for his reputation or customers.  :rotz: He showed no surprise that this car came from his shop and only offered excuses.  And in my book that tells me that he was fully aware of what's going on in his shop and this car.   :yesnod:  This is all on you Jeff.  :2thumbs:  It's your choice and you need to make it for what's best for you.  :yesnod:  I see nothing wrong with settling with BK.  :yesnod: Get what you can.  :2thumbs: Just make sure that you are holding the cards.  :2thumbs:  I'll still talk to you no matter what you do.  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:   Chuck.................

hemi-hampton

I think Brian should get money because he paid $70k+ for a $35k car that he sold for $35k & out $35k.  JB paid $35k for $35k car or ok, some will say it's only worth $25k or $20k but just that Hemi motor alone should be worth $15k give or take $5k if not wasted. :shruggy: :Twocents: Brian should of went after BK as soon as he received car & before he ever resold though, His Mistake :shruggy: :Twocents: :slap:

skip68

they've realized the car should have been done better, and are trying to make this right..
:smilielol:  I'm sorry Jeff but I just re-read what you said and it made me laugh.  :smilielol:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol:   It's all good.  :2thumbs:  It's your call buddy.  :pity: :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:       

General_01

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 24, 2008, 08:11:58 PM
I think Brian should get money because he paid $70k+ for a $35k car that he sold for $35k & out $35k.  JB paid $35k for $35k car or ok, some will say it's only worth $25k or $20k but just that Hemi motor alone should be worth $15k give or take $5k if not wasted. :shruggy: :Twocents: Brian should of went after BK as soon as he received car & before he ever resold though, His Mistake :shruggy: :Twocents: :slap:

Exactly. His mistake. He rectified his mistake by selling it to Jeff. He is out of the picture for any money recouped by Jeff. He supplied paperwork and that is it. Paperwork that should have went with the car anyway. 
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

You guy have NO IDEA how many times I talked to Brian about stepping forward and helping me out, legally. All he wanted to do was help "my" case, he stated that he wanted nothing to do with BK, or this thread, period. I told him that if a class action suit was formed and won, that he would be entitled to some of his $$ back, but that didn't sweeten the pot.

I can't control him.. If I could, he would have been here from POST#1 (when I sent him the link). He was mortified at the problems we found and swore up and down that he never even looked under the car.

The only thing I DO believe, that he said, was that the car was for sale 2 weeks before BK delivered it to him. He sold the car using BK's photos and had none of his own. When I first contacted him I asked him to take some new shots and he said he couldn't, that he didn't have the car yet... So for him it was a $$ thing all the way. He sold a "mint 55 Chevy" to finish this GL. His wife was out of work, and both of his kids were in private school.. He wasn't in a position to keep this car.

Bottom line is I am NOT SELLING OUT, I firmly believed this was a good thing. Why eat $10k if the company that built the car is willing to step up and help out? Are they doing it because of this thread and where it's gone? YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE IT!!! This forum is great!!!!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on December 24, 2008, 08:15:18 PM
they've realized the car should have been done better, and are trying to make this right..
:smilielol:  I'm sorry Jeff but I just re-read what you said and it made me laugh.  :smilielol:  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol:   It's all good.  :2thumbs:  It's your call buddy.  :pity: :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:       

Yeah, I know.. The whole thing makes me laugh.. It has been since day one when I got that first call from Jon at 7:30 PM and he said "Ummm... I think you'd best come down here now, with your camera!!"... I had dropped the car off to him for nothing more than a simple roll bar...  Talk about the snowball effect.

skip68

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on December 24, 2008, 08:35:22 PM
:2thumbs:  Are there strings attached to this offer from BK?  :shruggy: 

Strings? The only strings that were attached was that I'd post that they stepped forward to try to make this right. I really think this thread has hurt their business (even though they say it hasn't). The funny thing about a thread like this is 2 years later, when all the smoke has settled, it'll still be here coming up on Google searches around the world.. It really is a shame that the entire ordeal had to come to this point.

We obviously still have some major differences in opinion. I'm not going to say we agree with every issue of this car.. In fact , just a few, but they are the big ones.

skip68

:2thumbs:   That sounds real good.  I'd be happy at this point.  And once they pay up then make sure you write a post that shows that BK paid.  :yesnod:  :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on December 24, 2008, 08:48:04 PM
:2thumbs:   That sounds real good.  I'd be happy at this point.  And once they pay up then make sure you write a post that shows that BK paid.  :yesnod:  :2thumbs:

Well, I'm obviously still skeptical, but we'll see. God knows $10k a month before Christmas could have been used for other things!!!!

hemi-hampton

hmmmm, Let me see if I got this right. Brian owes BK $59,000 for a rolling body, Then Supplies BK with his own $15k 472 Hemi Crate motor now having about $74,000 into this car but before he even gets a chance to pick it up he tries to sell it cheap at $35,000 :scratchchin: That dont make sense to me :shruggy: