News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamroth

Quote from: jb666 on December 24, 2008, 07:14:23 PM
Wow, guys.. I was looking at this as a good thing.. Now you have me second guessing myself.. To me, it's not about a "gag", but I can definitely see your point there..  I'm merely looking at it as ok, they've realized the car should have been done better, and are trying to make this right.. But it could be taken both ways..

So are you guys all saying you wouldn't take it, if it were you??  :popcrn:
Jeff, I wasn't judging you, please don't misinterpret. I am not saying what i would do one way or the other, the terms were what I was asking about. I was just wondering if because they give you money, do you now have to silence yourself? I understand completely about wanting some reimbursement/reparations. I just wondered at what cost? And furthermore, it took them this long to realize they didn't do a good job? After all the bullshit emails/responses? Methinks something stinks. Please make sure you do have a lawyer go over their offer with a fine tooth comb. Again, no judgement here, but I think they know you are serious, and want to save on having to go to court. You have a family and bills to worry about, far be it for me or anyone else here to tell you what is right for you. I will look at you no different then I do right now, or as I have since you started this, an honorable man who was wronged, and seeks retribution, and it will stay that way.
Quote from: General_01 on December 24, 2008, 08:16:44 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 24, 2008, 08:11:58 PM
I think Brian should get money because he paid $70k+ for a $35k car that he sold for $35k & out $35k.  JB paid $35k for $35k car or ok, some will say it's only worth $25k or $20k but just that Hemi motor alone should be worth $15k give or take $5k if not wasted. :shruggy: :Twocents: Brian should of went after BK as soon as he received car & before he ever resold though, His Mistake :shruggy: :Twocents: :slap:

Exactly. His mistake. He rectified his mistake by selling it to Jeff. He is out of the picture for any money recouped by Jeff. He supplied paperwork and that is it. Paperwork that should have went with the car anyway. 
Ding Ding Ding!! No longer Brian's problem, he sold it to Jeff(unknowingly or not) and it became Jeff's problem. Sorry you got bent over the barrel Brian, but you should have been the first one on the phone to your lawyer.

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 24, 2008, 09:16:11 PM
hmmmm, Let me see if I got this right. Brian owes BK $59,000 for a rolling body, Then Supplies BK with his own $15k 472 Hemi Crate motor now having about $74,000 into this car but before he even gets a chance to pick it up he tries to sell it cheap at $35,000 :scratchchin: That dont make sense to me :shruggy:

That's the story I got, yes.. If you look at Brian's add (here), he has none of his own pictures. They are ALL BK's pictures from the "restoration". Brian even told me that the 2-3 stories he posted here about "smoking kids in ricers" was 3 months before the car was even done, that he was just playing around...

So honestly, don't ask me to sort out what the truth is there.. BK claims they told Brian about every single flaw this car HAD. If that's the case, I can see why Brian would dump it like a hot potato before he even GOT IT. :shruggy:

Back N Black

How can someone invest 90k into a car and never lay eyes on it. Sound like Brian was easy prey, BK must have been laughing their ass of at this guy. He was every scammers dream. No i do not think he should get a cut. :Twocents:

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on December 24, 2008, 09:37:34 PM
How can someone invest 90k into a car and never lay eyes on it. Sound like Brian was easy prey, BK must have been laughing their ass of at this guy. He was every scammers dream. No i do not think he should get a cut. :Twocents:

Well, that's one thing I had a question about too.. I would have flown out to Texas to 1. Sign the contract and see the base car and 2. gone out when the car was about 75% done, BUT NOT PAINTED, to check it out.

Keeping in mind I'm the guy who drove to Maryland from Boston, saw the car as it sat and still took it home doesn't make me any better...  As soon as Brian opened his garage door, I saw the car sitting there and said (to my wife) "oh yeah, that thing's mine"... That and the ulcer that I didn't know was a package deal.    :brickwall:

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: jb666 on December 19, 2008, 06:39:08 PM
BTW, I was told that ALL WELDING on this car was done by a "wyotech certified chassis engineer". What the Hell are they teaching there these days, and I wonder if this is how they'd like their company name being used... Might have to drop them a line...

:popcrn:

Dude- I started welding about a year ago with minimal instruction and I can weld 100x better than that shit...       

Sorry to see what you're going through with this car -  :-\
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

jb666

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on December 24, 2008, 11:00:47 PM
Quote from: jb666 on December 19, 2008, 06:39:08 PM
BTW, I was told that ALL WELDING on this car was done by a "wyotech certified chassis engineer". What the Hell are they teaching there these days, and I wonder if this is how they'd like their company name being used... Might have to drop them a line...

:popcrn:

Dude- I started welding about a year ago with minimal instruction and I can weld 100x better than that shit...       

Sorry to see what you're going through with this car -  :-\

I hear ya. I have a buddy who welds "here and there" with no training and his welds in no way look as bad as these..

SnoPro440

This has nothing to do with the BS that you're going through, but I think you will like this pic.  It's a shot from my srt-4 a month ago when it rolled over the 6's.  I was trying to go 66MPH too. 
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

jb666

Quote from: mxzx440 on December 24, 2008, 11:19:27 PM
This has nothing to do with the BS that you're going through, but I think you will like this pic.  It's a shot from my srt-4 a month ago when it rolled over the 6's.  I was trying to go 66MPH too. 

Very cool!!  :cheers:

skip68

After talking with Lisa about this in the garage and looking at my car I got more pissed with BK.  The more I think of this it just tells me wrong wrong wrong all over it.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:  I would want a fair (FAIR) offer from BK.  I would not allow them to keep one penny of the money they charged for labor. NOT ONE RED CENT.  :icon_smile_angry:  I would allow them to keep the initial purchase price of the car and cost of parts, plus 10% of the total of parts and that's it.  Then you divide that balance with Brian if you feel like he should have it.  :yesnod:    I know what Troy is saying and I felt the same at first.  But, sometimes principle is everything.  I would except nothing less than what's fair.  :yesnod:  This is how places like HALPEG stay in business.  :rotz:  If you need this money for your family then with deep regret I say take it.   :rotz: :'(  But if not, then tell them to call you back when they are serious.    Chuck.............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Given how they've done everything else, I'd be afraid of the check bouncing.

Troy

I should clarify that I wouldn't just take any offer they throw out there. I was assuming that it was a reasonable/decent offer if you were considering it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jb666

Quote from: Troy on December 25, 2008, 09:06:41 AM
I should clarify that I wouldn't just take any offer they throw out there. I was assuming that it was a reasonable/decent offer if you were considering it.

Troy

Well, I think that's a matter of opinion... I'm really at a crossroads here... Fighting between my pride and my common sense.. :slap:

quapman

I apologize for not reading the whole thread before chiming in, but 40 pages...wow! I read the first eight and then skipped to the last few.

The most amazing and truly rediculous quote from the BK killer was the "$15k for rotisserie blasting". My rotisserie was painted blue when I bought it. Didn't need blasting. Seriously, when I got quotes for media blasting a whole car on a rotisserie, they came in between $800-$1500 depending on if it was a whole car or plus doors, fenders, etc. The aforementioned price is GOUGING and that is illegal. For $15k, why not just buy a perfect 69 Charger body?

I read some comments about Roger Gibson charging $150k for a resto. I don't give a crap WHO you are or how nice your work is, that's 3 times what a 100 point car should cost. Back in the early 90's Gibson charged $30k. 15 years later, it's 5 times that? I must not be up on annual inflation statistics. I think I'm current on EGO inflation.

Too many resto shops are out of control with their finished car prices. I have one here in town who only charges $35/hour, but does the bait & switch with "estimated hours" to do a job. (example: Quotes 20 hours when the job goes in, then it's 100 hours when the job's done.) Then he can't figure out why his customers are crying about their cars costing more than what was originally quoted. This shop is filled with cars 80% done and waiting for the owners to cough up more cash. The shop owner does really nice work, but is a poor businessman. He's more than happy to offer financing at "only" 15% interest. I was ready to have him do three cars for me, but he screwed me on a simple frame patch and exhaust section. I stated above that his work is good. The cars in the shop were beautiful, the work he did for me was crap. I should have expected it from a Chevy guy. Chevy guys do great work on Chevies, piss-poor work on Mopars. No more work from me, but I'm happy to badmouth him around town. Duh. I'm tired of hearing "Well, we ran into some stuff we didn't expect".

My 2 cents on BK killer offering money back to you for their crap job. TAKE ANYTHING from them. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't quote laws, blah, blah, but I would take the money. Any money.

I do hope your car comes out the way you want. If the shop you're in now does a super job, let's hear about it. Start a NEW thread when the car is done about the GOOD shop.

Steve

skip68

:icon_smile_dissapprove:   I just hate to see and hear about people that can't fight back because they need the money.  And shops like BK know it.  They know you are desperate and once again take advantage of that.  :flame:   This whole thread was about getting BK and not money.  To keep them from becoming another HLPAG.  Well I guess I'm on my own here so to speak and that's OK.  :yesnod: Don't take this the wrong way Jeff, I still love you man.  :icon_smile_big:  This is nothing new for me and I'm going to enjoy this.  I hate to be that dumb guy that stands alone but it's dumb guys like me that make a difference.  BK, You can't buy me and you can't scare me, nor can you hush me.   :slap:  I look forwards to this challenge of you being shut down and am going to enjoy every second of it.  :cheers:  I am a thorn that will not go away.  :yesnod:    The only thing that will help you at this point is a FAIR offer to Jeff. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.   Jeff is not your biggest problem anymore, I AM.  :yesnod:   You insult the good folks on this site and myself.   Feel free to send me a PM and I will discuss my nonnegotiable terms.  This will be a ONE TIME OFFER and will leave with me and NOT come up again.   Keep this in mind...Even the squeaky clean MOM & POP shops have made mistakes,,,,,How do you think you will fair when I'm done with your little company?.   ;)  Now, you think back from today all the way back to the 1990s and then you decide if you want to talk with me and resolve this.  I'll look forwards to hearing from you.  Chuck............ 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TK73

Quote from: skip68 on December 25, 2008, 11:26:04 AM
:icon_smile_dissapprove:   I just hate to see and hear about people that can't fight back because they need the money.  And shops like BK know it.  They know you are desperate and once again take advantage of that.  :flame:   This whole thread was about getting BK and not money.  To keep them from becoming another HLPAG.  Well I guess I'm on my own here so to speak and that's OK.  :yesnod: Don't take this the wrong way Jeff, I still love you man.  :icon_smile_big:  This is nothing new for me and I'm going to enjoy this.  I hate to be that dumb guy that stands alone but it's dumb guys like me that make a difference.  BK, You can't buy me and you can't scare me, nor can you hush me.   :slap:  I look forwards to this challenge of you being shut down and am going to enjoy every second of it.  :cheers:  I am a thorn that will not go away.  :yesnod:    The only thing that will help you at this point is a FAIR offer to Jeff. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.   Jeff is not your biggest problem anymore, I AM.  :yesnod:   You insult the good folks on this site and myself.   Feel free to send me a PM and I will discuss my nonnegotiable terms.  This will be a ONE TIME OFFER and will leave with me and NOT come up again.   Keep this in mind...Even the squeaky clean MOM & POP shops have made mistakes,,,,,How do you think you will fair when I'm done with your little company?.   ;)  Now, you think back from today all the way back to the 1990s and then you decide if you want to talk with me and resolve this.  I'll look forwards to hearing from you.  Chuck............ 

:boxing_smiley:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

General_01

Quote from: skip68 on December 25, 2008, 12:40:10 AM
After talking with Lisa about this in the garage and looking at my car I got more pissed with BK.  The more I think of this it just tells me wrong wrong wrong all over it.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:  I would want a fair (FAIR) offer from BK.  I would not allow them to keep one penny of the money they charged for labor. NOT ONE RED CENT.  :icon_smile_angry:  I would allow them to keep the initial purchase price of the car and cost of parts, plus 10% of the total of parts and that's it.  Then you divide that balance with Brian if you feel like he should have it.  :yesnod:    I know what Troy is saying and I felt the same at first.  But, sometimes principle is everything.  I would except nothing less than what's fair.  :yesnod:  This is how places like HALPEG stay in business.  :rotz:  If you need this money for your family then with deep regret I say take it.   :rotz: :'(  But if not, then tell them to call you back when they are serious.    Chuck.............

With all do respect Chuck, I don't think the decision is yours to make. You did help Jeff in some area's, but you didn't have to dig into your savings to resurrect a POS after spending a boatload of money to get it in the first place. And as far as "splitting the money with Brian", that is just plain ridiculous to even mention. He sold a 5K shell with a 15K motor under the pretense that it was "restored. I remember when he had it on the board for 55K. Not sure exactly what Jeff paid for it, but I am sure it was way more than that POS was worth. If he wanted retribution he should have went after them. It is also, as Jeff pointed out, kinda of silly to not to go and check on something you were spending that kind of dough on. Like was said before, the word is out on BK. Thats about the extent of what can happen here unless Jeff wants to eat all the expenses and probably still not take these guys down. I think he has already done more than any other ACTUAL customer ever thought to do. Principle does not keep food on your table. He made his point to BK, and that is why the money came through.

It's easy to have principle's when your not footing the bill. :Twocents:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

I do agree with you on most points General_01.  Jeff can do what he wants to and so can I.  I know it's easy when it's not my money so I should let the deal with BK and Jeff alone.  I can deal with BK on my own.   THEY MUST BE STOPPED.   :cheers:  I just don't want Jeff to delete all of the bad things about BK here.  It is far too important.  Chuck.........

General_01

I understand about being pissed at BK. I think Jeff did a good job of getting the word out. Also, even if the thread gets deleted, at least when people come to this board or moparts and say "I am thinking about buying a car from a place called BK Auto. What are your thoughts.", we will all have a very definitive answer for them. Just like we do when asked about HLPAG.
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on December 25, 2008, 12:45:48 PM
I understand about being pissed at BK. I think Jeff did a good job of getting the word out. Also, even if the thread gets deleted, at least when people come to this board or moparts and say "I am thinking about buying a car from a place called BK Auto. What are your thoughts.", we will all have a very definitive answer for them. Just like we do when asked about HLPAG.

This thread will NOT be deleted. It would defeat the purpose of the entire thing.

The thread did not start because I was on a quest for $$. In fact, it was the last thing on my mind. I wanted the world to know what happened, and what type of answers I was getting.. Then the $ offer came in to "put this to rest", and here we are, discussing it. Decisions haven't been made, but it leaves me asking any of you the same question -- Would YOU turn the $$ down? I mean REALLY, if an offer was made to you and you were in my position, would you say "SCREW YOU, I'm out to make your life miserable, that's worth more to me then $$"???  :shruggy:

General_01

Again I say take the money if you think the offer is reasonable. You did your part. You were screwed. Whether it be by BK or Brian, you were screwed. Get some compensation back. I would take the money if I thought the offer was reasonable.
496 stroker
4-speed

hemi-hampton

joflaig

You're lucky to get any offer. If it seems remotely fair then TAKE IT! The cost of pursing this with them legally will end up costing you more money and time than it's worth. This happens to so many people and they get nothing. I assume you had a lawyer scare them with a "threat"? I hope your lawyer isn't taking a piece.

skip68

Oh no he's not lucky .   :rotz:  I told Jeff a week or so ago don't be surprised if BK makes you an offer to go away. I figured it would be parts sent to the new shop. Guess I was wrong.  :shruggy:  But none the less I was right about an offer.  Luck has nothing to do with it.   :rotz:   This is what's called "HUSH MONEY".   :yesnod:   There is more to this than what's posted here for most of you members and the public.   :yesnod:   So don't be to quick to think this payoff is a good, lucky deal.  :cheers: If it may seem as if I'm too aggressive that's why.   :yesnod:  :cheers:  It is Christmas and hope you all had a great day.  :2thumbs: :cheers:  I don't mean any disrespect to anyone here at all.  :rotz:  I love you guys man.  :icon_smile_big: :smilielol: :cheers:   And I fully agree with you joflaig about taking an offer it it's remotely fair.  :2thumbs:  Fair is a key word.   :yesnod: :cheers:    Chuck...............

General_01

It's really funny that you think we are that stupid Chuck. I know what it is about. Read my post before when he first asked about thoughts on taking the offer. If you are so passionate about it, send the money to cover the cost of the repairs to Jeff's car. Then maybe he will try to take them all the way for you. Until then, you are just talking with Jeff's money.

Like I said, it's easy to have principles when you're not footing the bill. Take a chill pill and relax.

Sorry if I sound aggressisive back, but your chirping here could cancel any deal. So sit back and let Jeff negotiate.

496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Guys, I appreciate the support here, and definitely the emotion (  :flame: ) that this forum displays on the subject, but I don't want this to break into a fight..

I can see both sides of the story. I DO NOT agree that Brian should get anything, because of the fact that he's refused to come out and help through this whole thing. He could have made a big difference and he also could have seen some of his own $ back.

As for the offer that was made to me, IT WILL NOT EVEN COME CLOSE to covering my expenses on this rebuild.

I haven't made any decisions.. But I most certainly know what my heart's telling me to do!!  :flame: