News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on December 27, 2008, 03:19:22 PM
Where did they find the original overpriced rolling shell, the bottom of a salt mine?

I think it was in the Hogg Mine, buried 47 feet under ground being preserved in salt water.

Ghoste

I know it's already in the thread but for the sake of those just joining us (and those like me who are too lazy to look it up again), how much was this car with no frame, no drivetrain, and not s ingle piece of useable sheet metal?  The roof panel was good right?

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on December 27, 2008, 03:24:17 PM
I know it's already in the thread but for the sake of those just joining us (and those like me who are too lazy to look it up again), how much was this car with no frame, no drivetrain, and not s ingle piece of useable sheet metal?  The roof panel was good right?

Yes, the roof and front subframe were both fine. The lower rockers and door skins appear to be usable as well, thank God.

I can't say for sure. I know that BK took $25k from Brian to buy the base car and secure the project. They began building from there.

From the contract:

I was told, later, that $5k was spent on the rolling chassis.  If that's the case, where the rest went I'm not entirely sure.

Ghoste

skip68

RESTORE TO ORIGINAL BODY CONDITION.     :yesnod: :cheers:   Right there is the key words that will hang them.   :rotz:   How come Brian L. never said BK's name?   :shruggy:   :2thumbs:  Anywho, Great job Brian L.   :2thumbs: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Brian Lohnes

I think it was newspaper maven William Randolph Hearst that said, "Any publicity is GOOD publicity". That being said, I'd rather highlight the people making this deal right than the people who caused all the mess to begin with.

Brian

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bogus

Jeff,

A question - has this event caused anyone else to come forward with similar complaints?

Andy

EDIT - I misread something in a prior page... sorry for the confusion.
Gearhead extraordinaire. :)

General_01

Bogus, delete your message please. The information in it is not yours to give out to the masses. If Jeff wants to share this type of info, he can. But it is not for you to share with everyone.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

bogus

As I stated in my PM, take a few minutes and scan through this thread and you will see references to the $5k offer.

I have not had any private discussions with Jeff on this. I may in the future, but not at this time. BTW, he and I go pretty far back.

jb666

:shruggy:

I'm confused.. $5k isn't the amount discussed with BK and I apologize if somewhere I eluded to that $$ amount.. The point where I mentioned $5k was where I was quoting what BK said the rolling chassis cost..

I was into it for well over $5k before the quarters were cut off, yes.

As for other people coming forward -- Yes, I have several prior customers who aren't quite as bad off as me but have complaints of their own. They are lurking here but have asked to have their names stay out of this thread. I can respect that.

General_01

Jeff, you have made NO mention of an offer. I think people need to read and understand things they read before they stir up crap.
496 stroker
4-speed

bogus

I miss read somewhere.

That's my bad.

I DID NOT repeat anything told to me, I just read something in a prior page wrong.

bogus

Quote from: jb666 on December 27, 2008, 11:09:58 PM
:shruggy:

I'm confused.. $5k isn't the amount discussed with BK and I apologize if somewhere I eluded to that $$ amount.. The point where I mentioned $5k was where I was quoting what BK said the rolling chassis cost..

I was into it for well over $5k before the quarters were cut off, yes.

As for other people coming forward -- Yes, I have several prior customers who aren't quite as bad off as me but have complaints of their own. They are lurking here but have asked to have their names stay out of this thread. I can respect that.
I corrected my thread... I read a reference to $5k on page 39 or 40 and thought that it was in reference to an offer. For some reason, the context was a bit wacky.

I don't blame them for keeping quiet, but if a class action is taken, I hope they join.

I would also keep the dirty laundry to a minimum. You don't want all the evidence in the public domain...

bogus

Quote from: General_01 on December 27, 2008, 11:15:23 PM
Jeff, you have made NO mention of an offer. I think people need to read and understand things they read before they stir up crap.

Chill. I corrected my error. The context of the threads in question were implying an offer had been given. No need to get all authoritarian.

General_01

Thank you bogus. I am sorry I came on a little strong. I just know that Jeff has been keeping the numbers close to the vest and rightfully so. It is his business, not ours.
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on December 28, 2008, 01:03:29 AM
:popcrn:   So, :popcrn: any more new finds with the car JB ?  :popcrn: 

No. Jon worked on it all last week, but took a ride to New York on Saturday. He mentioned he was going out there today, so I may stop by. But, I asked him "Any bad news for me??", he laughed and said "NOPE!". So hopefully that's a good sign.. Then again, like we've been saying, I HOPE the "bad news" is coming to an end!!

jb666

I meant to tell you guys, on Friday I got an email from "management" at Wyotech regarding this thread. They wanted to be sure we realize this is NOT the way they want their company represented.  :lol: I assured him no one believed that. It's amazing where this thread has turned heads. :popcrn:

Ghoste

It's one thing to mention it here but they also need to call BK and tell him to cease and desist with the name dropping.

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on December 28, 2008, 12:28:07 PM
It's one thing to mention it here but they also need to call BK and tell him to cease and desist with the name dropping.

I can't say that they didn't already do that, or that they might just drop them a letter. Either way, I think their point in contacting me was as the car's owner, they didn't want me thinking this was how they teach their guys and promised me they'd never do some of the welds posted here.

skip68

Keep your fingers crossed that the worst is over.  :yesnod:  I did notice that the steering column was changed to a floor shift.  I guess I missed that somewhere.  :shruggy:  That explains the crap quality job on those two items.   :rotz:  Those idiots at BK bought the wrong car for there skill level.   :rofl:  They need to start with plastic models from Target.   :smilielol:   :scratchchin:   I wonder if the steering column is even from a Charger? That may explain why it wasn't in right.  :yesnod: :shruggy:  Make sure to look at the parts close and post pictures of the one's you may not be sure of.  :2thumbs:    Chuck............

joflaig

jb666, maybe I missed it but are going to take that HEMI to a mopar experienced engine builder to take apart and inspect/rebuild? If you don't, you may get lucky, but might always be anxious it will blow up on you at any moment.

hemi-hampton

I think way back about 10 or 20 pages BK said in a e-mail to jb that he paid 4 or 5 grand for the Charger body. LEON.