News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: joflaig on December 28, 2008, 07:50:11 PM
jb666, maybe I missed it but are going to take that HEMI to a mopar experienced engine builder to take apart and inspect/rebuild? If you don't, you may get lucky, but might always be anxious it will blow up on you at any moment.

It's already there.  :cheers:

hemi-hampton

ok, after 2 hours of searching I found the Evidence. On page 9, 8 post down JB666 Post BK's email comment to him. In this post in bold writing BK say's they never paid $20k for the shell but more like 4k for the shell. SO, BK himself sez the shell was a $4,000 purchase. Case closed on that subject. LEON.

Ghoste

Blade_1

What was the wording BK used in reference to Wyotech welding? One of BK's welders is/was WT certified? Because now WT might be after some defamation $ from BK uh huh... Less for claimant group yup.

jb666

I really don't see wyotech suing over this. Besides, they said over ten emails came in to them linking to this thread.  :lol:

jb666

Well, you guys were right. It was HUSH MONEY, and I'm not taking it. I got an email this morning stating that unless this thread disappears (which he says is "illegal" of me to have posted in the first place  :rofl: . Funny, since all I did was post FACTS) he will not send me a check.. He went on to say that he wants me to post that I was "wrong", and the car was "not a $70k rebuild, but a cheap car for a cheap price".

The bottom line is INCLUDING THE ENGINE Brian sent, BK was given $70k to work with. MORE THEN THAT, actually, and they produced a car worth MAYBE $25k.

So no, I won't be selling my soul for a piddly little amount of $$. The offer was an insult, but I was hoping it was a means to an end.

WRONG. It was a means for them to get their "good name" back. They can go blow the dog.

Ghoste

jb666

Oh, I am beyond pissed right now. You have no idea.

I'm not coming here and lying that things I said/showed were "my mistake". HUH!?!?!?! WTF???

One funny part is they will not admit the whole Royal Purple thing. They charged like $120 for it, and it was NOT in the motor. We drained it with only 20 miles on the motor and it was DARK BROWN. Royal Purple, BK says, loses it's "purple" look after it's been in the motor running for a mile. BS.  And who breaks a motor in with Royal Purple?? It was NOT RP's new "breakin formula", just their normal blend.  :brickwall: All I know is conventional oil came out of there and conventional oil went back in there.

I've had it. I'm not responding to any more emails.. I was trying to be civil, but all it got me was right back where I started

Ghoste

You have to remember Jeff, you are dealing with what by all evidence appear to be criminals.  The nature of a thief is to steal and you cannot change it.  This isn't someone who is taking a loaf of bread out of starvation and desperation, this is a liar who set out to cheat and swindle by design.  His latest scam is more proof that it is the way he is wired and you should never expect anything but deceit.

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on December 29, 2008, 12:44:26 PM
You have to remember Jeff, you are dealing with what by all evidence appear to be criminals.  A criminal is inherently dishonest and that is their nature, you cannot change it or expect anything but deceit.

Obviously this is the case. Either way I'm done. Now I'm pissed.

Chris G.

joflaig

Quote from: Chris G. on December 29, 2008, 01:38:53 PM
Quote from: jb666 on December 29, 2008, 01:08:38 PM
Now I'm pissed.

It's about time! Now go do work on these chumps.  :smash:  Legally of course.... :angel:

I'd really like to hear frm a lawyer on just who is liable here once and for all. It's not like Jeff bought a car with a warrenty on it from GM or even one without one, but with the ability to get a free fix when the manufactuer issues a national recall.

I'm no expert, but as far as I can tell while BK may be in legal limbo for their general business practices, Brian is the one who is liable to Jeff. The title went from Brian to Jeff, not BK to Jeff.

WingCharger

Be sure you keep a copy of the eMail, that might come in handy later on!! :2thumbs:
Those criminals are trying to buy you out. :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

jb666

Quote from: joflaig on December 29, 2008, 01:57:10 PM
Now I'm pissed.

It's about time! Now go do work on these chumps.  :smash:  Legally of course.... :angel:

I'd really like to hear frm a lawyer on just who is liable here once and for all. It's not like Jeff bought a car with a warrenty on it from GM or even one without one, but with the ability to get a free fix when the manufactuer issues a national recall.

I'm no expert, but as far as I can tell while BK may be in legal limbo for their general business practices, Brian is the one who is liable to Jeff. The title went from Brian to Jeff, not BK to Jeff.

Well, two points for your questions. First, liability is a fine line. If you bought a 2007 Trailblazer and sold it to your friend Joe, and the car turned out to be a complete lemon, would Joe go after you? Maybe, but in the end it's the company that built the vehicle who's responsible.

Second, this whole thing with BK has turned into a $$ issue. This thread was not started for $$ nor will it end with $$. It's about a car that was a half ass build, period. Did Brian build it? While he's turned into a bit of a ghost, he certainly can't build a car. Nor can he turn a wrench, nor could he afford to send the car anywhere for the week he had it to "create" all of these issues.

joflaig

Quote from: jb666 on December 29, 2008, 02:05:22 PM
Quote from: joflaig on December 29, 2008, 01:57:10 PM
Now I'm pissed.

Well, two points for your questions. First, liability is a fine line. If you bought a 2007 Trailblazer and sold it to your friend Joe, and the car turned out to be a complete lemon, would Joe go after you? Maybe, but in the end it's the company that built the vehicle who's responsible.

Second, this whole thing with BK has turned into a $$ issue. This thread was not started for $$ nor will it end with $$. It's about a car that was a half ass build, period. Did Brian build it? While he's turned into a bit of a ghost, he certainly can't build a car. Nor can he turn a wrench, nor could he afford to send the car anywhere for the week he had it to "create" all of these issues.

Chrysler built this car 40 years ago. BK "restored" it. They did not build a new car. All the talk here is conjecture until someone talks to a lawyer who can really say with finality what's what. My gut feelling, though, is that BK may have no liability to you.

Ghoste

Remember though that Jeff never asked them for liability, he started the thread to expose them and then THEY approached him with hush money.  Further to that the issues aren't with the things Chrysler did to it 40 years ago, they are with the things that BK did in their alledged "restoration".  Bk are very clearly NOT about liability, their bag is more liar-ability.

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on December 29, 2008, 02:17:38 PM
Remember though that Jeff never asked them for liability, he started the thread to expose them and then THEY approached him with hush money.  Further to that the issues aren't with the things Chrysler did to it 40 years ago, they are with the things that BK did in their alledged "restoration".  Bk are very clearly NOT about liability, their bag is more liar-ability.

Thank you. That's my exact point.  Also remember that in BK's "contract" to Brian they stated the car would be restored to factory condition.

While it would appear that joflaig would like BK to come out smelling like roses here, it's just not going to happen. I accepted responsibility (and PAID FOR) what was wrong on this car. NEVER did I ask them to do the same (while this thread was opened). It's time for them to pay the piper now.

joflaig

Quote from: jb666 on December 29, 2008, 02:22:07 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 29, 2008, 02:17:38 PM

Thank you. That's my exact point.  Also remember that in BK's "contract" to Brian they stated the car would be restored to factory condition.

While it would appear that joflaig would like BK to come out smelling like roses here, it's just not going to happen. I accepted responsibility (and PAID FOR) what was wrong on this car. NEVER did I ask them to do the same (while this thread was opened). It's time for them to pay the piper now.

Just playing Devil's advocate here. The same thing happened to me as Jeff, though not as bad. Of course, not everything that is going on legally can be discussed on an open forum like this.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Ghoste on December 29, 2008, 12:44:26 PM
You have to remember Jeff, you are dealing with what by all evidence appear to be criminals.  A criminal is inherently dishonest and that is their nature, you cannot change it or expect anything but deceit.

Obviously this is the case. Either way I'm done. Now I'm pissed.

That's it.....time to Kill 'Em All :D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

0X01B8

Quote from: jb666 on December 29, 2008, 12:38:22 PM

I'm not coming here and lying that things I said/showed were "my mistake". HUH!?!?!?! WTF???

Well, FWIW, I admire that you're doing a proper resto-mod-whatever to your car when you could have just cut your losses and found an easier build.  Second, I think it's great that you're putting so much energy into hounding BK about his shitty workmanship and even shittier scams that he's been running.  You've probably saved more people more money than you know.

It will all be worth it one day soon.

jb666

Quote from: 0X01B8 on December 29, 2008, 04:28:49 PM
Quote from: jb666 on December 29, 2008, 12:38:22 PM

Well, FWIW, I admire that you're doing a proper resto-mod-whatever to your car when you could have just cut your losses and found an easier build.  Second, I think it's great that you're putting so much energy into hounding BK about his shitty workmanship and even shittier scams that he's been running.  You've probably saved more people more money than you know.

It will all be worth it one day soon.

Thank you, and I certainly hope you're right!!

To me, it'll all be worth it the day the General's back home in my garage where it belongs!! (Minus about 288 lbs of body filler)

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

General_01

I was waiting for the other shoe to fall. Figured it would but was hoping for the best.

And even though you are ticked, I think you need to take a deep breath. I don't think joflaig wants BK to come out smelling like a rose. He is just stating facts and would like someone with knowledge in the law to speak up if their is anyone who can. I would like to know also. I think BK is kidding himself if he thinks the job they did on the car can be justified. The fact remains that if Brian would have dragged them to court the outcome would be cut and dry. We are in different territory now.

I think everyone who has read this post(with the exception of BK) is on your side. I would keep all the emails and copy this whole thread for later use. As Ghoste pointed out, they made an offer to you after reading this thread. That can be construed as admitting culpability. You will also have a bill after the job is done right to compare to their bill to Brian for a crappy "bondo and paint it job". All very damning evidence if you ask me. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

charger Downunder

Its the little things that eventually show the bigger picture never deal with a resto company that cant even manage to put the trunk weather strip in the right spot.
[/quote]