News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

Couldn't BK be charged with like "Obstructing Justice" or something like that for trying to bribe JB666 to be quite? :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

tan top

Quote from: charger Downunder on December 29, 2008, 06:31:15 PM
Its the little things that eventually show the bigger picture never deal with a resto company that cant even manage to put the trunk weather strip in the right spot.

yeah thats true  ..saw that also  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi-hampton

I'm glad you did not sell out & take the money. I hate sell outs. Now you got pride & Integrity. :2thumbs: LEON.

bogus

Quote from: WingCharger on December 29, 2008, 06:36:54 PM
Couldn't BK be charged with like "Obstructing Justice" or something like that for trying to bribe JB666 to be quite? :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

I am NOT a lawyer... far from it... just worked with a bunch and have done a lot of reading on these types of cases... This is nothing but best guesses...

from a legal perspective, they are trying to mitigate damage. They offered a settlement. That is not illegal, nor is their request to remove this thread.

However, it is not illegal to post the complaint. That is not, to the best of my knowledge, protected.

The real legal issue here, from where I sit, is the concept of making Jeff whole, from a financial perspective. In short, he was sold X and it wasn't in the expected condition. Whatever it costs to get it into expected condition is the real cost.

Gearhead extraordinaire. :)

dkn1997

Quote from: WingCharger on December 29, 2008, 06:36:54 PM

I'd grow a 3rd penis before that happened.....
RECHRGED

Ghoste

hemi-hampton

I didn't think he had any after that 60 foot ride down that razor blade incident :hack: :icon_smile_shock:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

dkn1997

RECHRGED

Cozmo

Quote from: jb666 on December 29, 2008, 01:08:38 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 29, 2008, 12:44:26 PM
You have to remember Jeff, you are dealing with what by all evidence appear to be criminals.  A criminal is inherently dishonest and that is their nature, you cannot change it or expect anything but deceit.

Obviously this is the case. Either way I'm done. Now I'm pissed.

Utoh!

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out. I was hoping that  BK would step up and make an honest attempt to make things right.

dkn1997

RECHRGED

jb666

I got a call from the transmission shop yesterday. The valve body was the original , never replaced. Everything inside the tranny is burnt up. He said the transmission looked like a "painted core" to him. It's 100% done and shipping back to us today  :o

Chris G.

Are you sure Brian and Bk aren't somehow affiliated? Just doesn't add up that he refuses to help in any way on this matter. Plus the way he was advertising the car just seemed shady.

I think there's a huge piece missing from this story, but can't figure out what it is. And I'm not saying you know what it is either.

jb666

Quote from: Chris G. on December 31, 2008, 09:43:48 AM
Are you sure Brian and Bk aren't somehow affiliated? Just doesn't add up that he refuses to help in any way on this matter. Plus the way he was advertising the car just seemed shady.

I think there's a huge piece missing from this story, but can't figure out what it is. And I'm not saying you know what it is either.

No, that's just it, I'm not sure of anything.. I'd like to think they aren't, but honestly? Who knows.. I just know that I'm now into this tranny for $1200.

moparstuart

Quote from: jb666 on December 31, 2008, 09:46:25 AM

No, that's just it, I'm not sure of anything.. I'd like to think they aren't, but honestly? Who knows.. I just know that I'm now into this tranny for $1200.

WOW  :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:    thats an expensive trans , glad i know great cheap tranny builders    RD(jamie) on the board here could have hooked you  up 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

joflaig

What kind of tranny? It's not #s matching, was it? Not to lecture :), but it does pay to ask here first before committing to something that you get quoted on (or even before getting a quote).

terrible one

Quote from: moparstuart on December 31, 2008, 10:34:09 AM

WOW  :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:    thats an expensive trans , glad i know great cheap tranny builders    RD(jamie) on the board here could have hooked you  up 

Another thumbs up for RD!  :2thumbs: Now for me to just put it to use . . .

skip68

Just keep one thing in mind Jeff. . . When this car is done you will have one BadAss car.  :drool5: :yesnod: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Take it easy guys!!

First, the Summit TCI transmission is good for 450HP and a non-supercharged motor. I'm already over that and I plan on being a lot more (and supercharged). This transmission is being built to be bullet proof. These TCI trannies are good units, but they aren't built to handle mega power.

The cost I posted includes freight both ways ($100 each way), a full warranty that no one can beat, and isn't just a "rebuild". Every single pc of this transmission is new.

This guy built a transmission that's in a 2000 hp 3000 lb car that runs 6 second 1/4 miles.

This guy's tranmission is in an 8 second Nova with 1400 HP and 2 FULL SEASONS of runs, and it never missed a beat.

These are built, dyno'd and guaranteed. This builds are in over 30 cars that Jon has personally built that get run heavily at the track with NO problems.

That's enough research for me on this subject.  :cheers: :cheers:

I'm not knocking the forum member here that builds transmissions. I'm SURE he's great.. But, I needed 24-48 hour turn around and I needed a no-nonsense warranty, because I'm tired of the hassles I'm getting with this car. I'm sure you can understand that.

So, let me repost.. $999 + Freight for a BRAND NEW RACE READY TRANSMISSION.  :cheers: :cheers:

Ghoste

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on December 31, 2008, 02:36:02 PM
Well that makes more sense then.

Yes. It wasn't just a "pull and ship to the first shop we found in the yellow pages". This builder has a history with Jon. His transmissions have been put to the test 100X over and are incredible units. I want something in this car that I DO NOT/WILL NOT have to worry about.

The torque converter is being built now, custom, for the car. This will be an incredible combo. :cheers:

jb666

Check this out.. Some good info:

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0601gm_chevy_silverado_transmission/photo_04.html

I'm sure a lot of you guys have seen this before, but before this build was necessary I wasn't aware there was such technology!!

These are the guys who did the work:

http://www.fbperformance.com/default.asp

The guys building the converter are PTC.  They are at www.ptcrace.com

:cheers:

skip68

:drool5:    :drool5:  Oh ya baby.   :2thumbs:   This car's gonna fly... :2thumbs:   I only wish I could ride in it someday.   :yesnod:  I'd like to ride behind the steering wheel please.  :icon_smile_big: