News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2009, 12:37:10 PM
Now some of the crappy welding has been explained.  BK was just a little mixed up when they posted.  It wasn't that their welder had graduated from Wyotech, it was that someday their welder hoped he would graduate from high school and that maybe he could enroll at Wyotech.  An easy mistake and stupid of us not to understand what BK really meant.  Thankfully for all the certified Wyotech grads this has now been rectified.  :icon_smile_big:

Let's be fair. Maybe BK stand for BIG KID Auto, because you only have to be 11 to work there  :shruggy:

hemi-hampton

I'd hate to get some hot sparks landing on my leg while wearing shorts while welding :rotz: :-\

General_01

That must be the flame retardant plastic. I find plastic is very good at keeping things safe from fire. ::)
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

Don't welders have a special kind of blanket or tarp to cover things with ? ? ?  :shruggy: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

Quote from: skip68 on January 04, 2009, 03:15:21 PM
Don't welders have a special kind of blanket or tarp to cover things with ? ? ?  :shruggy: 

yep welding blankets :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

terrible one

Quote from: General_01 on January 04, 2009, 02:32:49 PM
That must be the flame retardant plastic. I find plastic is very good at keeping things safe from fire. ::)

Haha yeah that's what I was thinking! Even if the plastic was covering the seat/door panel fully, any kind of splatter coming off of that exhaust pipe . . . I mean roll bar would go right through it!

jb666

Quote from: terrible one on January 04, 2009, 03:43:39 PM

Haha yeah that's what I was thinking! Even if the plastic was covering the seat/door panel fully, any kind of splatter coming off of that exhaust pipe . . . I mean roll bar would go right through it!

If you saw the bar that came off my car you'd fall on the ground laughing...

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

jb666

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 04, 2009, 04:16:45 PM
im sure it would have passed NHRA tech inspection right ?

Oh ABSOLUTELY, yes. The requirement for a car to be parked in the pits, maybe.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on January 04, 2009, 03:46:26 PM
Quote from: terrible one on January 04, 2009, 03:43:39 PM

If you saw the bar that came off my car you'd fall on the ground laughing...

Thats probably why the welds are so bad!! The "Ground" was on the ground laughing!   :hah:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

Now that it's Googling up, I wonder how long before Bondo King tries to bribe you again?

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on January 04, 2009, 05:04:02 PM
Now that it's Googling up, I wonder how long before Bondo King tries to bribe you again?

I'm not sure, but I'm getting REALLY fed up with the crap that's being found lately.. And the more I think about it, the more I think the excuses are SUCH a bunch of BS.. There's just NO EXCUSE for any of this stuff...

Now.. The next guy in line thinking of buying/having a GL built, or maybe even entering BK AUTO in Google, this will pop up, along with the other forum(s) it's on.

If they aren't concerned with their "good" name, then why should I be???????

Everyone (in real life) asks me "how do these guys sleep at night??" when they see the car.

They are sleeping just fine, because they believe what they are telling me.
:shruggy:

ac_knight

Quote from: jb666 on January 04, 2009, 12:08:32 PM
Yes, we made it!!!!!  Google "BK Auto General Lee", as if you were looking to buy one and heard their name..

There we are, right under their web site!!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bk+auto+general+lee&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

While there, I clicked on Bk's first link, where they were building a General.. Check this out, the kid welding looks like he's about 11. This cracks me up too, cause it probably took him longer to lay the plastic down then it would have to snap the back seat out  :hah:

And this is just an incredible build on this bar  :o

The finished/painted product came out really nice  :eek2:

Its ok about the bar, you know it gets covered up, see...

ac_knight

No one will ever see their work, or whatever they call that welding.    :2thumbs: :smilielol:

lastoasis

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi-hampton

jb666, you hit the nail on the head with that last comment, I worked with another guy at a body shop that brought his own car in to restore because the shop was slow. The job he did on this car was a exact duplicate of BK's. You would of thought he must of worked for BK at one time the work was so similar. Sad part is everybody in the shop patted this guy on the back & told him what a great job he is doing. He contantly went around bragging how good he was. I could barely hold the laughter in the car was such a joke, poorly hacked like garbage. This guy sleeps fine thinking he's another Chip Foose or Harley Earl or George Barris or Alexander brothers. These people are convinced there work is fine & only the clueless will agree. LEON.

P.S. my buddy used the exhaust pipe roll bar in his car also & it's a convertible. I hope he dont roll it & really need it :eek2: :slap:

autodynamics

holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!for a lack of better words.... bk certainly did a number on you... but after reading a few pages, i see how horrific your charger turned out to be. i guess you learned allot more than anything else about yourself and about other people.. i award you for your patients and your drive to build a general lee. most of us here were inspired by that show in one way or another. good luck with your build any of us here I'm sure will be willing to lend a hand to you in some form or another.. just remember build yourself "your dream car" the way you want it... keep posting the pics... and try to enjoy your build its a great experience!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: autodynamics on January 04, 2009, 09:20:19 PM
holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!for a lack of better words.... bk certainly did a number on you... but after reading a few pages, i see how horrific your charger turned out to be. i guess you learned allot more than anything else about yourself and about other people.. i award you for your patients and your drive to build a general lee. most of us here were inspired by that show in one way or another. good luck with your build any of us here I'm sure will be willing to lend a hand to you in some form or another.. just remember build yourself "your dream car" the way you want it... keep posting the pics... and try to enjoy your build its a great experience!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I sure have!!

As for posting pics, you can count on that.. one thing I love doing is posting pics.. I can't say any of my pictures will HELP BK's business, but they will certainly be the way the car looked..

Brian Lohnes

So was it made clear that the bar was made of exhaust tubing to the guy that bought it initially? Look at the upper bend and you can see where the pipe is smaller in diameter from being drawn over the die in the pipe bender. Jasus.

Brian

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

I don't think anything was made clear to the guy that bought it originally.  He was too far away from where the car was butchered to do much else but pay the bill I believe.

Stanleyart

jb666

Quote from: Brian Lohnes on January 05, 2009, 12:10:35 AM

So was it made clear that the bar was made of exhaust tubing to the guy that bought it initially? Look at the upper bend and you can see where the pipe is smaller in diameter from being drawn over the die in the pipe bender. Jasus.

Brian

Hey, he got what he paid for!  :cheers:

teamroth

Quote from: skip68 on January 05, 2009, 12:27:06 AM
Why bother welding it to the floor?  :shruggy:
IT wasn't welded to the floor, it was nothing more then Epoxy'd!
Actually epoxy is probably stronger.... :smilielol:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.