News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 08, 2009, 06:08:34 PM
Well, I don't think BK even knows what they are even talking about.

After seeing this thread and following it. I think if anyone wants to buy a charger, they should go to HLAPG as they probly would get a deal.  :smilielol:   

I think this car just rolled threw there shop and didn't even stop.  :eek2: 

Yeah, long enough to see about 200 of these...

Steve P.

I'm beginning to wonder if they didn't BUY this car from HLPAG.....   :scratchchin:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on January 08, 2009, 06:54:09 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if they didn't BUY this car from HLPAG.....   :scratchchin:

When this whole thing started, I told BK Auto to "say hi to Hans next time you talk to him". He comes back with "Who's Hans".

Pffft.. Like he doesn't know.. I should have said "Say hi to the guy who showed you how to do body work"

FLG

Man this thing is bad...again good luck with the outcome...looks like its going good for once.

Honestly, i think if they just welded new metal on it would have taken less time then putting on bondo and sanding it down.

jb666

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

hemi-hampton

jb666

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Stanleyart

Ahh uh-uh...Words just cannot express... I'm speechless. The transmission components...the car made from Bondo...

JB, if you pursue a case against them, it's in the bag. It's so in the bag that I could be your lawyer and we'd win. And I'm an idiot!

Just wow. Wow.

-Steve
www.stanleyart.com
www.cokecar.com

hemi-hampton

RallyeMike

QuoteA couple of misc shots that I took last night. This is 1" thick bondo from the corner of my window. It made me laugh when I saw this because BK told me in an email a couple of weeks ago "WE DO NOT USE BONDO"  rofl rofl rofl

I think you're being too harsh on BK. Their statement is probably true that they "do not use Bondo". This brand is much cheaper:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

moparstuart

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 09, 2009, 12:04:29 AM
QuoteA couple of misc shots that I took last night. This is 1" thick bondo from the corner of my window. It made me laugh when I saw this because BK told me in an email a couple of weeks ago "WE DO NOT USE BONDO"  rofl rofl rofl

I think you're being too harsh on BK. Their statement is probably true that they "do not use Bondo". This brand is much cheaper:

nice   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopar2Ya

Where do I find this premium BK filler? I want to build some heavy duty frame rails.  :rofl:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

skip68

jb666

My torque converter showed up today! I'll be heading to the shop tonight or tomorrow and will get some more pictures.. The car's up on the lift now, so the angle is a bit better!

jb666

Ok, I Just went by the shop, where the car was on the lift.. Quite a few new things can be seen with it at eye level..

I haven't uploaded all of the pictures yet, but check out this shot of the inner driver's side fender. First, check out the Bondo. Second, check out how/where they stopped BRUSHING the black rustoleum on the inside of the fender.. Talk about a government job.

These are funny.. BK told me they didn't touch the rear end at all.. Well, I can tell you that Strange DID NOT ship the rear end out like this.. So I agree with everyone here, now, that said "TAKE THE COVER OFF AND CHECK OUT THE REAR END!". It'll be done this week, on top of a putting on a nice new cover..

But, more BK handy work.

jb666

Ok, here are a few more shots from today. It's good to finally make way to the FRONT of the car, so I know there will be very few surprises left..

First, here's a shot that shows great finish work. It's missing the top screw. It's got Orange overspray all over it. Look at the two lower screws.. One's a sheet metal screw..  :lol:

Next, the push bar.. It's over an inch higher on one side.. It's pressed into the lower panel on the passenger's side, plus you can see where BK brushed the paint on:

Driver's side, enough room to fit your fingers in:

Passenger's front fender.. Why bother wetsanding this area? You'd have to lean down, and that's too much like work.

This front driver's lower fender patch work is awesome!! I think the same 11 year old kid that was welding with his shorts on did this... "restored to factory condition"..  :slap:

Here you can see they completely cut out the lower support.. you know the pc that the radiator/front valance attaches to. In it's place the put this large pc of tube stock. The bottom of the radiator isn't attached to anything.. Bumperettes going no where... And check out the mark where their Rustoleum covered paint brush hit the painted surface.. Nice..

I LOVE THIS.. The front driver's side frame rail.. Talk about a hack job here.. His paint brush probably wore out at this spot and he figured no one would be looking, so why bother going back..

This is my front driver's fender.. Another FINE job NOT using Bondo. Nope, no evidence here.. And wow, they went all out painting the inside of this fender..

Back N Black

Hate to say it man, but all the items just pointed out you should have picked it up on your inspection before buying the car.

jb666

Just another shot to show you how crooked the motor is sitting. BK tried to tell me that Mopar makes their oil pans like that.  I realize it's offset to the side, yes.. but making the oil pan that way  :hah:

This is the piece that's holding the push bar in place.. It's cut almost all the way through...

Check this out.. Because they removed the entire front support bracket, they used a little piece of sheet metal to hold this bracket in place..

Passenger's side front fender. It's really loose when you lean against it.. Could it have anything to do with the fact that bolts are either missing or loose, like this one? Oh yeah, no Bondo on this fender either...

Nice patch job.. And the mud's about 1/4 thick on this lip (front driver's side)

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on January 10, 2009, 06:59:46 PM
Hate to say it man, but all the items just pointed out you should have picked it up on your inspection before buying the car.

I agree completely. 90% of this I should have had I inspected it thoroughly.. Instead I was blinded by the Orange and never looked back (or under it). I'm definitely NOT saying I shouldn't have caught most of this stuff before leaving his driveway..

tan top

:rotz:   not trying to start anything or :stirthepot: .....     a few things don't make sence , if they had really , striped the car  blasted it  :confused:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Quote from: tan top on January 10, 2009, 07:05:25 PM
:rotz:   not trying to start anything or :stirthepot: .....     a few things don't make sence , if they had really , striped the car  blasted it  :confused:

That's the point I was trying to make a long time ago.. If they BLASTED this car there would be evidence.. Sand, lack of undercoating, etc... NONE of these things exist. This car was never blasted..

Thomas tried telling me "It was blasted, but we are very thorough and we blow out the sand from every hole it could be trapped in". Please... How this car even went on a rotisserie baffles me...

And why would anyone "blast" a car and then brush paint the frame after the car is put back together???? The time to do it would have been while it was apart, after blasting it..

I'm calling TOTAL BS on BK for that statement.. The shots of the rear frame rails prove this car was NEVER blasted...

Plus, today I loaded up my truck with a pile of Orange covered Bondo.. My rear quarters and a few other pcs. This will all be going towards my new "show display".. By the end of the summer everyone from Cape Cod to Boston will know the name BK AUTO from seeing this at shows...

One pc of good news is that this week I had two people (KITT owners) contact me with their list of dirty laundry. The list goes on.. This is now 6 owners who are on the bandwagon. This is an old thread, but one of the owners came from this mess..
http://knightrideronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6136&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Check out this quote from BK back in 2004 when they were being called out for making piles of crap.. it sounds like they same song and dance they are giving me 4+ years later!!

Our standard payment for vehicles ranges from very bottom-line $20,000 up to $50,000 or more. If you pay anything less, your obviously getting a pile of SH#*. I can't pay for other peopes cars out of my own pocket, its a business and the object of business is for people to pay for thier own work.

Its not a lie to say, you truly get what you pay for. But there are alot of facts still not represented here, and thats all I have to say about it.

bogus

I just cannot believe they are still standing by their "quality."

The entire car was a POS from the word go, and they just put a pretty coat of paint on it. Don't forget the junk roll bar.

These guys need to be shut down so they don't hurt anyone else. At this rate, I am shocked that a) they are still in business and b) are not in jail.

Gearhead extraordinaire. :)