News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I understand the money part.  :yesnod: Get what you pay for and that kind of stuff.  :yesnod:  But the part I don't understand and would love to hear BK explain to the world is the part about "restored back to original condition"  :popcrn:  That's in the contract.  :slap:   Please oh please, do try and explain this to everyone, BK Automotive!!!   :popcrn: :icon_smile_big: :popcrn:  I won't hold my breath waiting for that response.  :smilielol:  I would imagine that is the same standard contract that the others got.   :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:                 Chuck...............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

Quote from: skip68 on January 10, 2009, 08:54:12 PM
I understand the money part.  :yesnod: Get what you pay for and that kind of stuff.  :yesnod:  But the part I don't understand and would love to hear BK explain to the world is the part about "restored back to original condition"  :popcrn:  That's in the contract.  :slap:   Please oh please, do try and explain this to everyone Mr. Thomas Schubert of BK Automotive.   :popcrn: :icon_smile_big: :popcrn:  I won't hold my breath waiting for that response.  :smilielol:  I would imagine that is the same standard contract that the others got.   :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:                 Chuck...............

jb666

I think us trying to validate how BK "restored" this car would be like trying to compare an episode of Family Guy to real life..

Some times I look back and wonder .. If I KNEW how bad this car was would I have gotten involved with it?? Had I never heard the name BK Auto I'd have lower blood pressure, that's for sure.

Stanleyart

JB:

Even if you don't receive some sort of reimbursement monies from BK, imagine creating a website telling the tale of all the hassles you've gone through with the BK built car, imagine the pages of detailed photos of their work, followed by the written emails sent to you by the owner stating what he did and didn't do to the car...and being able to show proof to the contrary! WOW!

Look, no one is that challenged not to realize that you will have more than enough PROOF to ________their business. (I'll ask you guys to fill in the blank here.) And like I said before, you are one tenacious man. You're the type of guy who would go to every parking lot in America, to every car show, to every auto-related magazine, and brag like crazy about the *amazing* work of BK.

How easy would it be to email Cliff Gromer and share your story with Mopar Action? I think Cliff would entertain this story, yes, I think he would.  :coolgleamA:

WingCharger

Quote from: Stanleyart on January 10, 2009, 10:49:29 PM
JB:

Even if you don't receive some sort of reimbursement monies from BK, imagine creating a website telling the tale of all the hassles you've gone through with the BK built car, imagine the pages of detailed photos of their work, followed by the written emails sent to you by the owner stating what he did and didn't do to the car...and being able to show proof to the contrary! WOW!

Look, no one is that challenged not to realize that you will have more than enough PROOF to ________their business. (I'll ask you guys to fill in the blank here.) And like I said before, you are one tenacious man. You're the type of guy who would go to every parking lot in America, to every car show, to every auto-related magazine, and brag like crazy about the *amazing* work of BK.

How easy would it be to email Cliff Gromer and share your story with Mopar Action? I think Cliff would entertain this story, yes, I think he would.  :coolgleamA:

Mopar Action would defiantly dig this! :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

It has that "sensational" quality that MCG likes more and more too.

jb666

I understand the money part.  :yesnod: Get what you pay for and that kind of stuff.  :yesnod:  But the part I don't understand and would love to hear BK explain to the world is the part about "restored back to original condition"  :popcrn:  That's in the contract.  :slap:   Please oh please, do try and explain this to everyone Mr. Thomas Schubert of BK Automotive.   :popcrn: :icon_smile_big: :popcrn:  I won't hold my breath waiting for that response.  :smilielol:  I would imagine that is the same standard contract that the others got.   :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:                 Chuck...............

They did, yes. Some even got the same "you got what you paid for" line when asked about issues.

He could come on here and explain it, but it would be more of what you've already seen from him "I dont need to defend myself. The things people are saying here I take personally, it really hurts. I run a good business"....

It's all the same crap coming out of his mouth(or keyboard, in this case). He has an excuse for EVERY SINGLE THING done to this car. I've never seen anything like it.

One thing I think is GREAT.. Go to Google.. Pretend your a guy looking to buy a General Lee and you heard about this company called BK Auto...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=BK+AUTO+GENERAL+LEE&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

#1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we can finally make an impact and hopefully save someone some serious heartache from buying one of Bondo King's toilets..  :cheers: :cheers:

WingCharger

Quote from: jb666 on January 11, 2009, 09:53:21 AM

They did, yes. Some even got the same "you got what you paid for" line when asked about issues.

He could come on here and explain it, but it would be more of what you've already seen from him "I dont need to defend myself. The things people are saying here I take personally, it really hurts. I run a good business"....

It's all the same crap coming out of his mouth(or keyboard, in this case). He has an excuse for EVERY SINGLE THING done to this car. I've never seen anything like it.

One thing I think is GREAT.. Go to Google.. Pretend your a guy looking to buy a General Lee and you heard about this company called BK Auto...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=BK+AUTO+GENERAL+LEE&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

#1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we can finally make an impact and hopefully save someone some serious heartache from buying one of Bondo King's toilets..  :cheers: :cheers:
That looks like a headline! That is perfect, right above the company website! It even has then entire title! It isnt cut off. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

You really should email Mopar Collectors Guide or Mopar Action dude! :coolgleamA:

skip68

:scratchchin: :2thumbs:   That should be the headline for this roller coaster story.  :yesnod:  Thank you, thank you very much.  :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

I'm sorry, I forgot a word.  :slap: "Restored back to original body condition"  :icon_smile_big:   I left out body.  :slap:  My bad.  :smilielol:

General_01

That's great that it is #1 right in front of their website listing. This is very cool that you got it to that point JB and took the time to inform the public about this company. Can't wait to see pics of your display at car shows this summer. Spread the Word ! :2thumbs:

My biggest hope is that Mopar owners in his community start spreading the word so he can hear it in his own area. I am sure it is probably common knowledge to the Mopar community there, but it would still be neat to see this at some of the Bigger shows there in case he has displays of his own looking for more jobs there. The internet and overseas stuff probably started because he couldn't get local jobs because the crappy work was common knowledge, so who knows if it would matter.

Are you planning a trip to the Nats or Carlisle with your display? Talk about reaching the masses. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on January 11, 2009, 12:44:32 PM
That's great that it is #1 right in front of their website listing. This is very cool that you got it to that point JB and took the time to inform the public about this company. Can't wait to see pics of your display at car shows this summer. Spread the Word ! :2thumbs:

My biggest hope is that Mopar owners in his community start spreading the word so he can hear it in his own area. I am sure it is probably common knowledge to the Mopar community there, but it would still be neat to see this at some of the Bigger shows there in case he has displays of his own looking for more jobs there. The internet and overseas stuff probably started because he couldn't get local jobs because the crappy work was common knowledge, so who knows if it would matter.

Are you planning a trip to the Nats or Carlisle with your display? Talk about reaching the masses. :icon_smile_big:

Already in the works..  :icon_smile_big: Plus a few other tricks up my sleeve.. It'll be a good year!!

jb666

Quote from: Stanleyart on January 10, 2009, 10:49:29 PM
JB:

Yes, I can imagine.. I've already acquired a couple of domain names that I think will make an impact, and pages are being built.. (takes some time..). Once it's up it'll tell the story using nothing but facts & pictures.. No color commentary, just facts..

As for Mopar Action, that's a great idea that I will actively pursue.. Thanks!

Quote from: skip68 on January 11, 2009, 12:44:08 PM
I'm sorry, I forgot a word.  :slap: "Restored back to original body condition"  :icon_smile_big:   I left out body.  :slap:  My bad.  :smilielol:
:lol:Too funny, Chuck.. BK apparently forgot about that clause in the CONTRACT, too.

Stanleyart

WingCharger

Tilar

Quote from: jb666 on January 10, 2009, 10:47:53 PM
I think us trying to validate how BK "restored" this car would be like trying to compare an episode of Family Guy to real life..

Some times I look back and wonder .. If I KNEW how bad this car was would I have gotten involved with it?? Had I never heard the name BK Auto I'd have lower blood pressure, that's for sure.

Yeah but in the end you're helping people become aware of the situation with BK, and it may even have some overflow to HLPAG.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

jb666

Quote from: Tilar on January 11, 2009, 02:45:15 PM
Quote from: jb666 on January 10, 2009, 10:47:53 PM

Yeah but in the end you're helping people become aware of the situation with BK, and it may even have some overflow to HLPAG.

I couldn't ask for anything else!!  :cheers:

Quote from: Stanleyart on January 11, 2009, 02:30:00 PM
Well did I forget to mention I have Cliff's email? :o

PM sent  :cheers:

jb666

Just wanted to let you guys know that you might want to put some good clothes on tomorrow.. We'll have a special guest here reading this entire thread to gather some information. More details later, but it should be good.  :cheers: :cheers:

jb666

WingCharger

Quote from: jb666 on January 11, 2009, 04:16:24 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that you might want to put some good clothes on tomorrow.. We'll have a special guest here reading this entire thread to gather some information. More details later, but it should be good.  :cheers: :cheers:
If it is a person from a magazine, please post a picture of a chunk of bondo. :icon_smile_wink:

scatpack69

I am still amazed at how much you have had to do on this car. I've been following along since you posted it on CGLFC.

skip68

jb666

If BK has the nerve to go to the Houston Autorama this year they are in for a big surprise.. It's amazing how powerful the internet can be.. There isn't much you can't find these days. BK was there this past year (Thanksgiving time) and they saw very little activity, I'm told (by a person who works at organizing these shows). They'll have hay bails blowing by their booth this year..

skip68

I hope they come to M.A.T.S. this year.  It would be cool if they could sign my display.  :smilielol:  Because you know, Art is worth more if it is signed by the artist.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   

Chuck...........

Steve P.

( NOTE FROM MODERATORS)

I know this thread mean an awful lot to all of us and to many people all over the WWW. This is an incredible story that is unfolding before our very eyes and has become a very well known thread all over the world.

It is very hard to read some of the nightmare that Jeff is living and I know we all have our own way of expressing ourselves and trying to cheer Jeff up and cheer him on for standing up to these people and all the people like them out there. This story and information is absolutely invaluable.

That being said, I ask everyone who is reading this and feeling the pain of this nightmare to please hold down the funnies and keep this thread on track. This is reaching the media as we speak. I and Jeff and I'm very sure that ALL of us want to see justice and even more media taking notice and helping Jeff and us shut people like this down by making people aware of the all consuming nightmare they "COULD" be living without this thread. Too much horsing around may just stop some people from taking this matter seriously and that could end up costing them.

Side note: If anyone has noticed that the thread has been adjusted or that some replies have disappeared this is the reason why. Take it up with me in a PM.

Thank you, Steve P.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida