News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Thanks, Steve, I appreciate it!!

All of you guys have been great -- The help you've given me has been amazing. There's been contact from current (BK car) owners, newspapers, television reports and magazines.  I'm hoping this story keeps growing (unlike my bank account) because it'll help others in the same position I was in NOT buy the wrong car.  Considering we've put this thread OVER anything else on Google is huge, it means that people WILL find this thread when/if they are looking for a General Lee. Once my website goes up (with multiple domain names all pointing to the same place) people won't be able to miss this story.

Anyways, everyone, THANK YOU!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

teamroth

JB, a small aside, you may want to add in the title of the thread bkauto.net, for a couple of reasons, when I google bkauto, I don't get this thread, and there are a few other bkauto's out there who I am sure would not want their names associated with this guy. Also I hadn't realized it before, but the real name of the company is Blackknight automotive llc, just a few thoughts, to maybe push this up on google. Just a few thoughts, hope it helps man, best of luck!
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

General_01

No complaints from me Steve. I understand the reasoning. Keep up the good moderatin'. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Steve P.

No problem brother...  I just hope all these media people understand the passion, blood, sweat, money and tears that is behind every car in this hobby and life.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on January 12, 2009, 08:29:49 PM
JB, a small aside, you may want to add in the title of the thread bkauto.net, for a couple of reasons, when I google bkauto, I don't get this thread, and there are a few other bkauto's out there who I am sure would not want their names associated with this guy. Also I hadn't realized it before, but the real name of the company is Blackknight automotive llc, just a few thoughts, to maybe push this up on google. Just a few thoughts, hope it helps man, best of luck!

Good suggestion. I feel bad for the other businesses with this name, right now...

When I bring my website to the surface , it'll have enough key words that it'll be right there with BK's home page on EBay no matter how it's searched. This whole deal will be a black cloud over BK's head for a long time to come.  

I'll bet they wished they just agreed to repair the car when the deal was on the table.. Of course, they'll say they DID offer to fix it (if I shipped it to AND from them at my expense AND paid for all the materials). Good "deal" huh?

teamroth

Quote from: jb666 on January 12, 2009, 08:34:27 PM

Good suggestion. I feel bad for the other businesses with this name, right now...

When I bring my website to the surface , it'll have enough key words that it'll be right there with BK's home page on EBay no matter how it's searched. This whole deal will be a black cloud over BK's head for a long time to come.  

I'll bet they wished they just agreed to repair the car when the deal was on the table.. Of course, they'll say they DID offer to fix it (if I shipped it to AND from them at my expense AND paid for all the materials). Good "deal" huh?

lol, yeah great deal, only an idiot would pass that up. HUH? I was just looking at their website, it's incredible, he says he redid a Joe Dirt GTX(really he was thinking Tommy Boy) for himself, dude you can see the poor welding jobs sticking out like a sore thumb! I mean it's bad, I could even see where he fiberglassed the floor of "his" own car. And even worse, I was looking at the repair/fabrication of the shock towers, and I'll be darned, BONDO! How could you do this to your own car? Easy, you lie on the web and say it's yours, and you sell it to the first one who misses all the bondo and fiberglass....Seriously unbelievable.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on January 12, 2009, 08:50:25 PM

lol, yeah great deal, only an idiot would pass that up. HUH? I was just looking at their website, it's incredible, he says he redid a Joe Dirt GTX(really he was thinking Tommy Boy) for himself, dude you can see the poor welding jobs sticking out like a sore thumb! I mean it's bad, I could even see where he fiberglassed the floor of "his" own car. And even worse, I was looking at the repair/fabrication of the shock towers, and I'll be darned, BONDO! How could you do this to your own car? Easy, you lie on the web and say it's yours, and you sell it to the first one who misses all the bondo and fiberglass....Seriously unbelievable.

Yeah, he kept comparing a lot of the work that was done on my car as "definitely not acceptable for my GTX" , but when I looked at the restoration pictures of that car I couldn't believe some of what I was seeing..

Look through their restoration pages of various cars. You wonder why people are contacting me? Welding ball joints. Mis-use/overuse of body filler, cutting corners, hack welds, etc.. All the evidence is there. It's almost like they are PROUD of promising people the elevator but giving them the shaft.  Hell, I fell for it. Everyone that I showed the "restoration page" from my General said "Wow, those pictures are small but that car looks like it was done right!". There's a reason the pictures are 200X200 on their site.. It helps HIDE things.  :brickwall:

When I first came to this site, I told people I was looking for a GL.. I got several PM's from members who said "If you can afford it, you can't find much nicer then this ________". It SHOWED well, from small pictures... I'll try to dig up that link.

Here's the link:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,47733.0.html

The link that a member put up to the GL I ended up buying seems to be gone, but that's how I learned about it.. You can actually see, towards the end of that thread, that less then a week home I was finding mega problems with the car..

skip68

I hope to have an update from Texas in the morning.   :yesnod:  I'll keep my fingers crossed as I'm waiting for an email or phone call.  :2thumbs:  Of course I'll talk with you first Jeff before posting or just let you do it.  :cheers:  I do ask that any of you reading this that have been a victim of BK Automotive to PLEASE come forward and send Jeff (jb666) or I a PM (personal message).  :yesnod:  Jeff and I have contacts for you so that you can file complaints that will help you and this cause.  :yesnod:  We WILL respect your privacy and NOT discuss your issue in this forum unless we have your permission.      Chuck..............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

teamroth

POR-15 is a staple in that shop, not that I'm against it, but they put it everywhere. Trunk,underbody, engine bay, and even in the interior. And you weren't the first to get that limited edition roll-cage, yours just happened to come without the center bar, at the customer's request. You should go over there and look at the welds for the torque boxes on his GTX, man I would not want to be in that thing if he ever broke that Hemi loose. Although I guess you know first hand what they look like, unless your car didn't have them? I seem to remember hearing that at some point, I may be misremembering though.

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 12, 2009, 09:06:45 PM
I hope to have an update from Texas in the morning.   :yesnod:  I'll keep my fingers crossed as I'm waiting for an email or phone call.  :2thumbs:  Of course I'll talk with you first Jeff before posting or just let you do it.  :cheers:  I do ask that any of you reading this that have been a victim of BK Automotive to PLEASE come forward and send Jeff (jb666) or I a PM (personal message).  :yesnod:  Jeff and I have contacts for you so that you can file complaints that will help you and this cause.  :yesnod:  We WILL respect your privacy and NOT discuss your issue in this forum unless we have your permission.      Chuck..............

ABSOLUTELY, yes. So far the people that have contacted me (off forum) have asked to have their names kept OFF the forum, and I have completely respected that.  Chuck is right, the more people that come forward, the better the results will be. Right now there's enough to shut them down.. That's not good enough. They are criminals.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on January 12, 2009, 09:08:46 PM

POR-15 is a staple in that shop, not that I'm against it, but they put it everywhere. Trunk,underbody, engine bay, and even in the interior. And you weren't the first to get that limited edition roll-cage, yours just happened to come without the center bar, at the customer's request. You should go over there and look at the welds for the torque boxes on his GTX, man I would not want to be in that thing if he ever broke that Hemi loose. Although I guess you know first had what they look like, unless your car didn't have them? I seem to remember hearing that at some point, I may be misremembering though.

Oh, you aren't remembering wrong.. And just wait. Part of the truck load of parts I brought home the other night was my "roll cage". You guys will crack up when you see this thing. I think the 11 year old kid in the previous picture put this thing together, and there was a tiny spot weld the size of a BB holding this to the floor.

jb666

If you Google various combinations, you'll come up with some good results:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bkauto.net+general+lee&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=bkauto.net+general+le

He's here there and everywhere:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3164804

A simple business name search shows this topic on page two, but Freiburger's site is on page 1, which is huge:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=bkauto.net&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

So we're climbing. Pretty soon any combo that BK can be associated with, so won't we.

teamroth

Oh I know, but hey, that's a one off deal, never get one like that again. I was really dying at the fact that they say they are the ones custom making some of this stuff. What is there to custom make? Someone one here said it best, they do know how to shine up a turd really well! I hope you are able to shut them down. Let us know here, maybe we can start a legal donation fund. I did that once for a friend, and we raised 500 bucks. It was for something different, but I'm sure we could all spare 5 or 10 bucks to help out.

jb666

Cool. I will do that.

And let me tell you guys what my "offer" from BK was. They offered me $4k. Later on he told me that the "deal" was I had to come here and say I was WRONG about 90% of the car's problems, that they didn't hack the car and that Brian got what he paid for.

At first I was thinking "$4k is better then nothing, and God knows this thing has taken me way off guard", but then I realized I was selling my soul to the devil. I basically would have to come here and LIE just to collect $4k. Well, it's not worth it. The $$ was an insult and I'd rather pay it all out of pocket and make sure no one else gets suckered by these crooks.

So now you know.. Most of you were hoping it was a good chunk of change...

teamroth

Dude, that 4K was simply a drop in the bucket for the kind of money they are stealing! Why wouldn't they offer that up? 70K for that car was about 10x what it was worth, minus Hemi. As far as I'm concerned Brian was in on the whole thing too. There's no way anyone would spend 70k on a car, and not go over it with a fine tooth comb. So as far as I'm concerned he's part of the problem too.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on January 12, 2009, 09:32:45 PM
Dude, that 4K was simply a drop in the bucket for the kind of money they are stealing! Why wouldn't they offer that up? 70K for that car was about 10x what it was worth, minus Hemi. As far as I'm concerned Brian was in on the whole thing too. There's no way anyone would spend 70k on a car, and not go over it with a fine tooth comb. So as far as I'm concerned he's part of the problem too.

I agree. With his lack of interaction here I'm thinking more and more that he's in on it.. Plus, check out his Photobucket account.. NO pictures of the car at his house AT ALL.. Just BK's pictures.. Their latest and greatest sales rep??  :lol:

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s70/sickdawg_photo/

Of course, he's probably watching, and this will probably disappear now, but that'll just prove what some of you have already said.. But don't you worry, he's not being left out of the (legal) fun.

skip68

Man, I'm sure glad that I DIDN'T screw that deal up for you Jeff.  :eyes: ::)  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 12, 2009, 09:41:24 PM
Man, I'm sure glad that I DIDN'T screw that deal up for you Jeff.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  

No, you didn't screw anything up. I was seriously considering it JUST TO HAVE SOME HELP with this rebuild.. I got in WAY over my head.. But then I realized I'd rather go broke then become a sell-out.

69charger2002

not to rip on the dude(brian that is) but you do have to think that spending 70k you have to at least know what you're looking at and realize that some things are not on the up and up for what you paid for.. and then selling it to you most likely knowing at least some of the carnage is just not right.. not nearly as bad as what has been done by the "resto" shop, but bad nonetheless.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

teamroth

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 12, 2009, 09:42:40 PM
not to rip on the dude(brian that is) but you do have to think that spending 70k you have to at least know what you're looking at and realize that some things are not on the up and up for what you paid for.. and then selling it to you most likely knowing at least some of the carnage is just not right.. not nearly as bad as what has been done by the "resto" shop, but bad nonetheless.
trav

Trav, normally I would agree, but I think it's like we stated before, he's thier number 1 sales rep, I'm sure he got a fat bonus this X-Mas! But if he can sleep at night, he's a lot sicker than BK himself, because BK may actually live in a dream world where he actually thinks he's building quality stuff, but I highly doubt it.

jb666

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 12, 2009, 09:42:40 PM
trav

Agreed. This is all the "warning" I got from Brian:

----- Original Message -----
To: ******@comcast.net
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: General

A lot of time and material charges went into this car and they add up very fast.  I've got over $70 in the car and was willing to let it go for under $40. Don't want to sell it , but I have to do what I have to do.
I want  you to understand this car is not a perfect # 1 trailer queen kind of car.  One reason is because there  are very few reproduction parts made for Mopar B bodies and sometimes you have to use what you have.  I want to be  honest and let you know the car has a few minor flaws, but nothing major or serious.  Most people wouldn't notice.  Too be honest yesterday was the first time I've driven it since I've had it. I drove it around the block when the guy took it out of the trailer when it first got here and that was it.  Yesterday I took it to the gas station because it was almost out of gas when it got here. Car is very nice and gets ood and awwed over by everyone that has seen it.  It drew a crowed at the gas station and about five people took pictures of it with their camera phones.  A Maryland state trooper ask if he could park his police car behind it and take some pictures of it with  him and his police car in them for his boys.  He said they are nine and twelve and DOH is their favorite show. They watch it on DVD all the time.
The car drove nice and rode fine. I took it easy and didn't get on it hard or anything, sounds good going down the road.  I wanted to trailer it to Dukesfest the last weekend in June, but unfortunately it didn't get here in time like promised and we went with out it.  Out of all the Generals that showed up very few looked as nice as this car. Out of 120 cars I'd say only five or six looked as good or better than this one and only one other had a Hemi. It was a little new 5.7 small block conversion job.
Thanks for your interest,
Brian

And this, the last time I heard from Brian...

To: *****@comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: Anyone looking to buy a General Lee, STAY AWAY FROM...

That's everything I have.  Like I said I deleted a lot of stuff before I started making copies of things.  It was up for sale before it got here.  You're right all the pictures were from bk auto. They're the only ones I have. Only drove it to the gas station down in the medium strip about two blocks away and had it towed to the place that put the starter on and drove it back from there. That place is up the street about a half mile.  As far as using web post to prove I've had it for years; hence, creative writing late at night to see what a response would be. Heck. even tastee freeze has been closed and boarded up for about two years at least now.  I had no idea they did things the way they did. Thomas always seemed to be a real decent guy.Sure had me fooled. When I started questiong him, he made sure to tell me I was the only person in twenty years that had ever questioned him or complained about anything with his business.

You spend $70k+ on a car and DELETE things?? I'd have every tissue I blew my nose with while the car was being built.. I have to say, Thomas' big line of defense in emails has always been "You are the first one to ever complain about one of my cars!!". Really??  :lol:

This one was interesting. It was the first time I had been in touch since leaving his house...

To: *****@comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 7:57 PM
Subject: Re: General

sorry to hear about the problems you're having with the car.
my wife got laid off and was not working and money was getting tight with school tuition for the kids coming up, so car and motorcycles that were not of need were sold to help pay the bills.
i only drove it twice, that i told you about and it wasn't far. to gas station and the place up the street that put a new starter in it. the lead on the starter was loose and burned up the lug on it.
most of the stuff from bk was in e-mails.  i didn't start making print copies of things until they started billing me for stuff i'd already paid for. i still have a few invoices and the original contract i can send you.  I always paid them and did everything they recommended and paid for it.  near the end when i started questioning double bills and payments they said it was because i was being cheap. until i started sending them copies and dates of payments, then they cut it out.
they always said the cars body was very straight with little rust, except the lower quarters. they always said frame rails and the body were in good shape except trunk and floors and lower quarters.
i never expected the things you are talking about.  i new i'd probably put too much into the car and was going to take a beating when i sold it, but that's what had to be done.  pretty much gave the motorcycles away too for what i sold them for.
whatever e-mails are still there i'll forward and i can mail you the other stuff i have. i almost forgot, they promised the car in six months and it took three years.

teamroth

^^^ Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!! what do we have for him Johnny??? You get a fully restored 69 Dodge Charger General Lee!! With a Hemi!!  This is a special model folks! It has the new lightweight fiberglass frame rails, and no added extra weight from welding slag, everything is done in the new industrial spot welding technique!! And to strengthen things up we have smoothed it out with lightweight industrial strength BONDO!! This car is amazing folks, no wasted space or wasted effort here, and JB666 wins a 70,000 dollar car for the low low price of 35,000 dollars! Sorry bro, couldn't help it. I'll take it down if you want.
Cheers man. :cheers:

Also I have been wondering for weeks, I know you're name is Jeff, but does your screen name mean JustBought DevilCar666?

Stanleyart

Of course, had the company sent you a written agreement stating their intentions, that would have helped too.

jb666

Quote from: Stanleyart on January 12, 2009, 10:47:37 PM

Of course, had the company sent you a written agreement stating their intentions, that would have helped too.

I do have that message somewhere, that he sent me via email.. Here's part of his "deal" though... You'll love this.  :lol:

To: Jb666
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 2:24 PM
Subject: Re:

I dont need a rebuttal. I am being honest here, I was pissed beyond belief before because I thought you were just a jackass, making stuff up on purpose to make us look bad because you got screwed. Well, I apologise, because I see now thats not exactly the case.

you dont owe me an apology or a rebuttal or anything. I wish you might have went about it differently, but thats not here nor there now. You didnt do anything wrong to apologise for in my opinion, because you didnt know the truth about what he built and what you bought. I am positive you were told he spent 70k on a 1969 charger and expected a fully restored car, I would have. Its a shame if he advertised it that way, and its certailny a tough break for you, but a guy can have me paint a crappy car to look nice and put a $30k engine in it and advertise it as a $40k restoration, I have no control over what people do on thier own. but thats not what concerns me.

What matters most to me is just the truth. I need you to remove your current posting. That one I saw and any others you made that have the same theme of '$70k restoration BK screwed some guy on'. I dont mean you can put one up, please do. I would like to see the car tore down and rebuilt myself. What I mean is whats on there now is not only untrue, but technically what your saying is very illegal in all 50 states. Your not our customer, so you cant pass judgment in a way that could deter business from us on any work we did for someone else. its pretty black and white and by law if enforced you could be held liable for monetary damages caused by business we may loose by your posting. It has to do with the manner it is presented, I am sure you didnt know, look no sweat, just FYI stuff.

Yes, the TRUTH I am saying/posting/showing is "very illegal in all 50 states"  :smilielol: I can't pass judgement on a car they just built that still has their tags on it..

Sorry, but BK bolted this on my "freshly restored" car, not me!!

teamroth