News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogus

Quote from: jb666 on January 14, 2009, 06:47:44 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 14, 2009, 04:52:38 AM
He didn't own it for over a year, he had it less than a month and drove it about 5 miles IIRC.
you are correct, he physically HAD the car for under a month. I still say he knew.

Interesting... the tag a couple of pages earlier indicate a build of Sept 2007. I will double check that.
Gearhead extraordinaire. :)

bogus

Gearhead extraordinaire. :)

jb666

Quote from: bogus on January 14, 2009, 10:16:05 AM
Quote from: jb666 on January 14, 2009, 06:47:44 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on January 14, 2009, 04:52:38 AM
He didn't own it for over a year, he had it less than a month and drove it about 5 miles IIRC.
you are correct, he physically HAD the car for under a month. I still say he knew.

Interesting... the tag a couple of pages earlier indicate a build of Sept 2007. I will double check that.

That's when that tag was MADE, it doesn't mean it's when the car was done.. I have emails/invoices still working out details of the car's build AFTER that tag's date.

Go Hogs Go

Jb,

I thought you said you were having the motor looked at? Did you change your mind?
Go Hogs!

jb666

Quote from: Go Hogs Go on January 14, 2009, 10:42:10 AM
Jb,

I thought you said you were having the motor looked at? Did you change your mind?

Check out my reply 3-4 posts ago.. The first thing he's doing is a complete leak down test.. Then we'll go from there.

skip68

I got it all Jeff. :cheers: :o   THIS CAR IS NOT THE CAR BRIAN BOUGHT AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY.!!!  BK Automotive has done nothing but say how honest he is.  :-\  We really don't know him so, just for fun lets say he is honest.  In his own words when he describes the car to Brian in writting he said ("The frame rails are solid and that's a good thing")  :-\   So, this means that the car must have been switched right BK ?  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   So, up to this point we know what Brian was told about that. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

charger01

hemi68charger

Quote from: jb666 on January 13, 2009, 08:54:47 PM

See the green tape on the studs of this trim piece? That's what was holding it in. Not the nuts that should have been there, nope, wadded up green tape. Awesome.

Wow... I'm glad that car wasn't test drove when I lived down the street from BK, I could have run over debris/parts falling off the car.........  Whew.................

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

WingCharger

PocketThunder

Quote from: WingCharger on January 14, 2009, 03:56:24 PM
Quote from: skip68 on January 13, 2009, 10:57:18 PM
You Sir are a disgrace to your profession.
Lets let that simmer for a while. I agree 100%!

What did Steve P. suggest in his note from the moderators.??..?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 14, 2009, 11:19:17 AM
I got it all Jeff. :cheers: :o   THIS CAR IS NOT THE CAR BRIAN BOUGHT AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY.!!!  BK Automotive has done nothing but say how honest he is.  :-\  We really don't know him so, just for fun lets say he is honest.  In his own words when he describes the car to Brian in writting he said ("The frame rails are solid and that's a good thing")  :-\   So, this means that the car must have been switched right BK ?  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   So, up to this point we know what Brian was told about that. 

You have a good point.. So far, NOTHING about the "finished car" matches the car described in the contract.. Not one detail. So I have to agree, this is not the same car..

Nor is it the car BK was describing. Clean frame rails? Rear quarters that need replacing (but weren't?)? And it goes on and on....

I'm heading to the shop tomorrow after work, more pictures will be posted after that.

I got an interesting call today from a reporter in Houston.. Seems this story has been deemed newsworthy...  :popcrn:

69bronzeT5

IMO, if I paid to have a car built or restored by them, I'd be pissed off if they stuck those stupid tags on it. :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 14, 2009, 07:04:28 PM
IMO, if I paid to have a car built or restored by them, I'd be pissed off if they stuck those stupid tags on it. :yesnod:

Oh, it was bad.. One was drilled into the driver's door jamb. They messed up the first time they drilled, so when I removed this tag I found a large hole (in the wrong place) under the tag, bare metal exposed..

The other was on the driver's side inner fenderwell for the world to see when the hood was popped...

Sorry it's such a small shot, it's one of BK's pictures from their site:

Under the hood.. Also a good shot of how they left my firewall...Patched with Dynamat

And this one still cracks me up.. They missed when they drilled for the mirror  :brickwall:

jb666

I found the picture of the tunnel under the center console.. This is it when the carpet was lifted.. Nice patch.. This is barely welded along the top.. I was wondering why the inside of the car was so hot while it was running!!  :o

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on January 14, 2009, 07:16:39 PM
I found the picture of the tunnel under the center console.. This is it when the carpet was lifted.. Nice patch.. This is barely welded along the top.. I was wondering why the inside of the car was so hot while it was running!!  :o

why did they  cut a hole there in the first place :confused:  ???  looks like its been torched or plasmad out  ,   :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Quote from: tan top on January 14, 2009, 07:20:40 PM
Quote from: jb666 on January 14, 2009, 07:16:39 PM

why did they  cut a hole there in the first place :confused:  ???  looks like its been torched or plasmad out  ,   :scratchchin:

Your guess is as good as mine.. To adjust the kickdown linkage? It was pretty tight inside the headers  :lol:

Home made transmission cooler?

hemi-hampton

Looks like after plasma cut out it was then rewelded back in :scratchchin: :shruggy: :slap: LEON.

Steve P.

Love the welding. My first thought was "FRANKENSTEIN" .. It may just be the picture, but it looks like it has some welding along both sides of the top of the tunnel.

I CANNOT tell you how much I am praying that you get a judge that's a real car guy....

Hummm,    I wonder if this was done before or after the rotisserie blasting?? ?? ?? ??  :scratchchin:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

teamroth

Quote from: Steve P. on January 14, 2009, 07:49:16 PM
Love the welding. My first thought was "FRANKENSTEIN" .. It may just be the picture, but it looks like it has some welding along both sides of the top of the tunnel.

I CANNOT tell you how much I am praying that you get a judge that's a real car guy....

Hummm,    I wonder if this was done before or after the rotisserie blasting?? ?? ?? ??  :scratchchin:

AND after the POR-15 coating. Guess that wasn't your car either huh Jeff?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Stanleyart

Great Shades of Valuzet! Here's another theory to ponder.

Looking at all of the photos once more, what keeps coming to my mind over and over is that this is NOT a butchering job, this is like a job that was rushed to meet a 3 day deadline, with a crew that consisted of-- 2 guys--max!

Follow me here-- it's like the car was abruptly shoved in on a Friday night, the boss screamed THE CLIENT IS COMING and 2 guys went at it like insane men for 72 straight hours. Filling, sanding, shaping, spraying, as fast & hard as they possibly could, never having the luxury of time to address issues like metal work, solid weld jobs, covering holes, etc. (It's like the early Duke days of fixing a wrecked Lee for set the next morning.)

Hastily built, without question, because there is no way to reason how any bodyman worth his salt would allow a mess like this to go out the garage-door without some serious moral questioning.

Boss: "We have to get this Charger completely *restored* by Monday morning!!!"

Crew: "But-- that's 3 days from now!!! There is NO way we can restore an entire car!!"

Boss: "YOU HAVE TO! DEADLINE! The client will be here!"

dstryr

Looks like they tried making the hole big enough to install the transmission from inside the car. :smilielol:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

teamroth

Quote from: Stanleyart on January 14, 2009, 08:19:14 PM
Great Shades of Valuzet! Here's another theory to ponder.

Looking at all of the photos once more, what keeps coming to my mind over and over is that this is NOT a butchering job, this is like a job that was rushed to meet a 3 day deadline, with a crew that consisted of-- 2 guys--max!

Follow me here-- it's like the car was abruptly shoved in on a Friday night, the boss screamed THE CLIENT IS COMING and 2 guys went at it like insane men for 72 straight hours. Filling, sanding, shaping, spraying, as fast & hard as they possibly could, never having the luxury of time to address issues like metal work, solid weld jobs, covering holes, etc. (It's like the early Duke days of fixing a wrecked Lee for set the next morning.)

Hastily built, without question, because there is no way to reason how any bodyman worth his salt would allow a mess like this to go out the garage-door without some serious moral questioning.

Boss: "We have to get this Charger completely *restored* by Monday morning!!!"

Crew: "But-- that's 3 days from now!!! There is NO way we can restore an entire car!!"

Boss: "YOU HAVE TO! DEADLINE! The client will be here!"

That and tons of Meth. I don't buy it. But I did read about how they did three...yes count em' three
A-team vans in a month! So while I think this sounds typical, and completely possible, actually you know what? I'm sure you're right. Sat on Brian's HEMI and CASH for who knows how long, and sent him pics of some other car they did in the past.

skip68

I really can't wait to see what's in that rearend.  :shruggy:  Does anyone remember a rusty blue Charger with a black spray painted 01 on the passenger door on Ebay a year or two ago?  :shruggy:  I seem to remember seeing that car somewhere.   :scratchchin:     
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

teamroth

Also if you look closely, you will see shit welds, and it is crooked.

skip68

:yesnod:   Just one little hit on one side would screw up the other side.  :rotz: