News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stanleyart

Quote from: teamroth on January 14, 2009, 08:49:02 PM
Quote from: Stanleyart on January 14, 2009, 08:19:14 PM
Great Shades of Valuzet! Here's another theory to ponder.

Looking at all of the photos once more, what keeps coming to my mind over and over is that this is NOT a butchering job, this is like a job that was rushed to meet a 3 day deadline, with a crew that consisted of-- 2 guys--max!

Follow me here-- it's like the car was abruptly shoved in on a Friday night, the boss screamed THE CLIENT IS COMING and 2 guys went at it like insane men for 72 straight hours. Filling, sanding, shaping, spraying, as fast & hard as they possibly could, never having the luxury of time to address issues like metal work, solid weld jobs, covering holes, etc. (It's like the early Duke days of fixing a wrecked Lee for set the next morning.)

Hastily built, without question, because there is no way to reason how any bodyman worth his salt would allow a mess like this to go out the garage-door without some serious moral questioning.

Boss: "We have to get this Charger completely *restored* by Monday morning!!!"

Crew: "But-- that's 3 days from now!!! There is NO way we can restore an entire car!!"

Boss: "YOU HAVE TO! DEADLINE! The client will be here!"

...Sat on Brian's HEMI and CASH for who knows how long, and sent him pics of some other car they did in the past.

And with a cache of clones, one looks just like the next .

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

dstryr

Have you guys all gone to his CarDomain page? http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3164804#guestbook

Direct quote:

Don't get me wrong, we are very mom & pop. I like to focus on low volume, high quality. We do not have a marble floor or a 10,000 sqft showroom. We have knowledgable and experianced craftsmen who work long and hard to provide a quality product for those who are concerned enough to have thier classic built or restored by true American afficianados. ;)

dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

skip68

You see, that makes me mad that he represents True American afficianados.  :rotz:  Nope, I don't think so.  :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

472 R/T SE

Trying not to sway off what Steve asked but this statement is unbelievable, more from the cardomain page:

"More fun. Whoever did repair to the car before did a few things that I have only seen done on trailers. One major part of the fabrication on this project was replacing the rear tailpanel section. While trying to remove the 1973 tailpanel, we discovered on entire side was simply held in place with SEAM SEALER! And if you will notice, was not even rust-proofed before installation.....
(What I didnt realize at the time, this was but a taste of things to come)"

skip68

These guys are crazy.  I hope this is over soon.  :yesnod:  It would be cool if BK would just take care of the shop bill, but I bet my shirt  :scratchchin:  My wifes shirt that won't happen.  :icon_smile_big: ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Stanleyart

skip68

:scratchchin: Hey Jeff, Since I know how much you love it when I ask for things,  :icon_smile_big:  can you get a few pictures of the front and rear tires for me?  :icon_smile_big: (close ups of tread pattern)  One of each will do.  Thanks...

jb666

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 14, 2009, 10:35:52 PM
Trying not to sway off what Steve asked but this statement is unbelievable, more from the cardomain page:

"More fun. Whoever did repair to the car before did a few things that I have only seen done on trailers. One major part of the fabrication on this project was replacing the rear tailpanel section. While trying to remove the 1973 tailpanel, we discovered on entire side was simply held in place with SEAM SEALER! And if you will notice, was not even rust-proofed before installation.....

Oh my God.. POT, MEET KETTLE. That is one of the most unbelievable and hypocritical things I've ever seen from a person. Now they are deleting all comments put up about their work  :lol:

This whole thing is a joke. The fact that BK has the nerve to post things like this and continues to show up at shows looking for business is just a reflection of his ignorance.
Quote from: skip68 on January 15, 2009, 01:41:49 AM
:scratchchin: Hey Jeff, Since I know how much you love it when I ask for things,  :icon_smile_big:  can you get a few pictures of the front and rear tires for me?  :icon_smile_big: (close ups of tread pattern)  One of each will do.  Thanks...

That's an odd one, Chuck, but of course, I'll do that when I head down there tonight.

Quote from: dstryr on January 14, 2009, 10:22:18 PM
Have you guys all gone to his CarDomain page? http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3164804#guestbook

Direct quote:

Don't get me wrong, we are very mom & pop. I like to focus on low volume, high quality. We do not have a marble floor or a 10,000 sqft showroom. We have knowledgable and experianced craftsmen who work long and hard to provide a quality product for those who are concerned enough to have thier classic built or restored by true American afficianados. ;)

I think they meant low quality high volume, because there is NO WAY this wasn't a typo. What's an "knowledgable and experianced craftsmen"?? The first thing that would say "DONT SEND YOUR $$ TO THESE GUYS" is the fact that they can't spell to save their lives.. Would you really want them building a CAR for you??
Quote from: skip68 on January 14, 2009, 09:20:07 PM
I really can't wait to see what's in that rearend.  :shruggy:  Does anyone remember a rusty blue Charger with a black spray painted 01 on the passenger door on Ebay a year or two ago?  :shruggy:  I seem to remember seeing that car somewhere.   :scratchchin:     

Yeah, me too. I'm curious as well if anyone's seen this car out there. I'll post a picture later.

skip68

jb666

:popcrn: And the hits just keep on coming...

This morning I got a phone call from a rep at Wyotech. This is in regards to a call I placed about two weeks ago. They JUST saw this picture, and the reference(s) that BK made to Wyotech "certified technicians".

I think the exact comment was "not only would we NEVER weld anything with shorts on, but we certainly wouldn't use PLASTIC to cover an item we didn't want to get burned. In a pinch you can throw a pc of cardboard up, but never plastic, it will go right through".

We talked for a few minutes, he shared his sympathy with the job that was done on this car, then he said something funny.. He says "I'm surprised no one brought this up, but the name of this car sure is funny... General Lee's Revenge?? It sure is!!"

I still can't believe they said this about a car they were rebuilding.. It's a total joke.  I've had multiple emails from people in the past 24 hours that read this and couldn't believe what they were reading...

::)

moparstuart

Quote from: jb666 on January 15, 2009, 12:35:49 PM
:popcrn: And the hits just keep on coming...

This morning I got a phone call from a rep at Wyotech. This is in regards to a call I placed about two weeks ago. They JUST saw this picture, and the reference(s) that BK made to Wyotech "certified technicians".

I think the exact comment was "not only would we NEVER weld anything with shorts on, but we certainly wouldn't use PLASTIC to cover an item we didn't want to get burned. In a pinch you can throw a pc of cardboard up, but never plastic, it will go right through".

We talked for a few minutes, he shared his sympathy with the job that was done on this car, then he said something funny.. He says "I'm surprised no one brought this up, but the name of this car sure is funny... General Lee's Revenge?? It sure is!!"

I still can't believe they said this about a car they were rebuilding.. It's a total joke.  I've had multiple emails from people in the past 24 hours that read this and couldn't believe what they were reading...

::)

must have been where he got the idea to tape the quarter ext. molding on   :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Steve P.

SHEEEESH,,, Now I have to clean coffee out of my brand new keyboard.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BB1

Delete my profile

jb666

Quote from: BB1 on January 15, 2009, 01:25:22 PM
How old is that kid in the  picture, 15?  :lol:

Maybe NOW, yes, considering that picture was probably taken in 2003.  :lol:

teamroth

Quote from: jb666 on January 14, 2009, 07:16:39 PM
I found the picture of the tunnel under the center console.. This is it when the carpet was lifted.. Nice patch.. This is barely welded along the top.. I was wondering why the inside of the car was so hot while it was running!!  :o

You should show Wyotech this picture, that should get Lawyers rolling on a cease and desist letter with the quickness!!

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on January 15, 2009, 05:52:10 PM
Quote from: jb666 on January 14, 2009, 07:16:39 PM
I found the picture of the tunnel under the center console.. This is it when the carpet was lifted.. Nice patch.. This is barely welded along the top.. I was wondering why the inside of the car was so hot while it was running!!  :o

You should show Wyotech this picture, that should get Lawyers rolling on a cease and desist letter with the quickness!!

Don't you worry, they've seen it (and every other weld on this car, so there would be no loop holes)  :lol:

teamroth

quapman

Quote from: dstryr on January 14, 2009, 10:22:18 PM
Direct quote:

Your English teacher will tell you that Bondo King is merely a fan of AMERICANS, he doesn't mention a thing about liking or having any knowledge of CARS. Of course he spelled "Aficionado" wrong, too. Retard can't even use spell-check when he mis-uses his big, fancy words.

From dictionary.com:

n.   a·fi·cio·na·do
An enthusiastic admirer or follower; a fan

Give us a "D"
Give us a "U"
Give us an "H"

What's it spell?

"BK AUTO" !!!!!

jb666

That's for sure, there was no shortage of bad welds on this car.. In fact, we had a hard time finding a good one...

I found a couple more shots of our resident 12 year old bodyman/welder working on other rebuilds...

Working on the Ghostbusters car:

And, from this "restoration" , http://www.bkauto.net/0106-81.htm , this quote came:

The bodywork is underway. Here portions of teh car are primed and guidecoated for smoothing. This customers budget does not allow for everything to be perfect, so we are focusing on the areas that need the most work right now.

I can only imagine what this "cheap" customer got... But wait, he didn't get anything.. This confirms what Brian was saying, that BK would threaten to put a lien on his car if he didn't send more $$.

Not being able to afford all of the work he requested, the car was collected on a lien and resold to a customer in Louisiana, who was able to have the car finished. Here are the final photos.

And would you look at this, from the very same car, a DOME LIGHT! I thought dome lights were of the devil, that they'd heat the roll bar up so bad it would light the padding on fire??? They haven't padded this quality bar yet, though.. So it's not as much of a fire hazard.

Uh oh.. Someone get the fire extinguisher!

Then the floor and frame is patched, and then POR-15 coated for durability and corrosion protection.
 :o I can only imagine.

To be continued...

jb666

Well today's lesson is that apparently in Texas fuel filters aren't necessary.. There isn't one anywhere on the car..

During the install of the heater box Jon learned that the ring from the cowl to the AC box was completely rotted out. There was a small yard bag full of dirt and leaves inside that area.  Once again, NO evidence of this car being blasted in any way... He's also cleaning up the firewall area where the Dynamat patch job was...

Pictures will follow.

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 15, 2009, 09:06:45 PM
:shruggy: pictures ?    :shruggy:  tires ?  :shruggy:  tire pictures ?  :shruggy: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have pictures, but Jon took them, I didn't make it there tonight.. I'll be there tomorrow afternoon.

Ok, here are a few shots.. The old flange  :rotz: , new flange and the pile of rust....

Hey, these look kind of like BK's welds! I wonder if Jon might have gone to W... Oh, never mind.

Does this look like it came from a SANDBLASTED CAR?!?!?!?!

On a good note, thanks to someone on this forum I WILL HAVE HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teamroth

Yes! It's the new GREEN way to do it, don't use sand, recycle what's in the yard. It's called yardblasting! BK Auto invented it! :buff:

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on January 15, 2009, 09:55:09 PM
Yes! It's the new GREEN way to do it, don't use sand, recycle what's in the yard. It's called yardblasting! BK Auto invented it! :buff:

:lol: Yeah, it looks like a metal-hungry mouse has lived up there for several years.