News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

Geez, I actually took a shower and paid some bills, looked outside, and the birds sang and the sun came out. Took awhile for my eyes to adjust to the sun, but eventually I could see again.  Ok, enough of that breaktime crap, let's get on with it. 

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

This is interesting..

I went out to a couple of other BK car owners that I've been in touch with.. It appears this isn't the first time a VIN hasn't matched the #'s on the body. Tisk tisk tisk...

Not only can this shop not build a car right but they can't even build the RIGHT CAR!!  :shruggy: :shruggy:

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on January 18, 2009, 06:07:50 PM
I would get the real rivets in the end just to make sure. You never know when you get pulled over and it becomes an issue. Then since it is a GL it gets more attention. I guess if they give you a state vin then it wouldn't matter as much  :shruggy:  :Twocents:

Lemme ask you a question -- You saw the picture. Is the VIN Tag the right color?? What should it be?

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on January 20, 2009, 12:47:45 PM
Quote from: The70RT on January 18, 2009, 06:07:50 PM
I would get the real rivets in the end just to make sure. You never know when you get pulled over and it becomes an issue. Then since it is a GL it gets more attention. I guess if they give you a state vin then it wouldn't matter as much  :shruggy:  :Twocents:

Lemme ask you a question -- You saw the picture. Is the VIN Tag the right color?? What should it be?

I think they should be like a satin black color.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

Quote from: moparstuart on January 20, 2009, 03:06:24 PM
this is the vin tag on my birdible

Very cool!!

I can honestly say mine looks NOTHING like that!! Maybe BK Bondo'd it??

It's obviously coming off to be cleaned up.  Can you guys tell me where to get "OEM" rivets? How about the exact color it should be?? Is there a logo somewhere under the paint??

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

hemi-hampton

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 20, 2009, 07:59:01 PM
$30 Is cheap, I think the last ones I bought were $45.00 :scratchchin: LEON.

WOW. Now I see why BK used the rivets they just finished putting their GUTTER on the side of the shop up with.

:brickwall:

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jb666

Quote from: Troy on January 21, 2009, 03:34:14 PM
Check Moparts right now. $25

Troy

I'll go check them out, thanks!!

Good news -- The car is officially alive!!!!!!!!!! It ran for the first time in 2 months today!! All wiring/issues have been cleared up and tomorrow it'll be run to full operating temps so the leak-down test can be done.. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

I need some assistance from you guys --- Have you ever dealt with a Hydroboost brake system?? I'm tired of valve cover/brake booster clearance issues and wanted to swap over. Any recommendations for kits??

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on January 21, 2009, 05:50:48 PM

Troy

Good news -- The car is officially alive!!!!!!!!!! It ran for the first time in 2 months today!! All wiring/issues have been cleared up and tomorrow it'll be run to full operating temps so the leak-down test can be done.. Keep your fingers crossed!!!!!!!!

I need some assistance from you guys --- Have you ever dealt with a Hydroboost brake system?? I'm tired of valve cover/brake booster clearance issues and wanted to swap over. Any recommendations for kits??

Just use a non-power master cylinder.

My car has discs and manual brakes and it stops great!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Go Hogs Go

I switched my system to a manual master cylinder. No clearance issues, no vacuum issues, and with the 4-wheel disc I have plenty of braking power. My Hemi Challenger has a power brake 4-wheel disc set up and I've had nothing but trouble from it, and it does not stop any better.
Go Hogs!

joflaig

Troy

So the HEMI checked out ok with the engine builder? No problems?

I have a hydroboost system. Arguably, you only need that unless you have some serious power disc brakes, big calipers lots of pistons on all 4 corners, etc. It certainly saves space, but it ain't cheap!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: joflaig on January 21, 2009, 06:35:08 PM

Troy

So the HEMI checked out ok with the engine builder? No problems?

I have a hydroboost system. Arguably, you only need that unless you have some serious power disc brakes, big calipers lots of pistons on all 4 corners, etc. It certainly saves space, but it ain't cheap!

Not 100%, no. He's doing the leak-down tomorrow and will check for problems.

Thanks for the advice guys -- I talked to Jon tonight and he has a brand new Strange master cylinder for me in his shop -- I'm switching to manual!!  :cheers: :cheers:

mikepmcs

Jeff, I definitely would like to see pics of that install please, if it's feasible of course.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 21, 2009, 08:55:39 PM
Jeff, I definitely would like to see pics of that install please, if it's feasible of course.

Mike

Count on it Mike.. You should know that I don't do anything without my camera in my hand  :icon_smile_big:

I was siked when Jon said he had a Strange MC in the shop.. I am going to be SO glad to get rid the vacuum problems and get reliable brakes!!

My buddy Chris runs manual brakes in his Camaro (race car) and power brakes in his 70 T/A and he said his 'Maro stops better!! Best part is, he started life as a Charger guy!!

I guess you could say my car is getting more Strange by the day...  (ok, bad joke...) :leaving:

mikepmcs

Good reliable breaks would have helped keep my car out of the ditch last year.  Went sideways in the gravel, stomped the brake pedal and it was like I was trying to push a brick wall.  I need to up this on my priority list. Thanks for the reminder.

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 21, 2009, 09:03:40 PM
Good reliable breaks would have helped keep my car out of the ditch last year.  Went sideways in the gravel, stomped the brake pedal and it was like I was trying to push a brick wall.  I need to up this on my priority list. Thanks for the reminder.

Cool!! Hopefully this thread didn't remind you to go out and buy some Bondo, too!!

mikepmcs

:icon_smile_cool:.............. well, now that you mention it...........................

TA70455

:nana: OK, Jeff is right my Z stops way betteer than my T/A  But I started out with Firebirds and needed a winter car here in New England, so I found a 66 Charger with a 70 roadrunner 383. it was a cool car. Cragars with L60's on the back, headers, 3.55 posi... all the good stuff you look for in a winter beater?

Soory this was when it hat ET's on the front and cragar slots on the back, Can't leave anything alone!