News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Sweet 3rd gen.  Welcome aboard. :wave:
Funny thing is, I was about to look at a 76' Camaro as a winter beater for up here in the NE area a couple weeks ago. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TA70455

I am still and F body guy, but I loved that Charger. that 383 ran so nice!!!!

jb666

Chris and I go way back.. I've bought a couple (few?) cars off him.. He's a VERY talented body man and has had some cars that I've  :drool5: over..  Anyways, he's helped me out with a lot of the stuff on the General (including sending me to Jon's shop!!). There aren't too many people I trust to touch my stuff and he's definitely one of them.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  He was originally going to tear the General down and do the work for me but it was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much to get into!!

TA70455

TA70455

Crap I am such a newbie at sending things on here.  Here is my Z 11'76@115 so far

472 R/T SE

My best friend from childhood has a '73 T/A, was his high school car and he still owns it.  That car flat got with the program.  He drove it like a priest and couldn't figure out why the rear tires wouldn't keep the tread.  Of course when he let me take it out, I babied it.  :whistling:

I was a Chebby man too until I discovered torque.

Charger74

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 21, 2009, 09:09:29 PM
Funny thing is, I was about to look at a 76' Camaro as a winter beater for up here in the NE area a couple weeks ago. 

Mike, that's a 66 (1st Gen) not a 3rd.

mikepmcs

Quote from: Charger74 on January 22, 2009, 09:38:49 AM

Wholly crap that's what I meant, I have no idea why I put 3rd gen.  My bad.  Good catch on my brain typo. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MoparManJim

Charger74

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 22, 2009, 11:10:45 AM
Quote from: Charger74 on January 22, 2009, 09:38:49 AM

Wholly crap that's what I meant, I have no idea why I put 3rd gen.  My bad.  Good catch on my brain typo. :2thumbs:

Sorry for the slight detour.  Just wanted to make sure we got things labeled right.   :2thumbs:

jb666

Well, it looks like some new photo/exposure shots might be here tonight/tomorrow. Jon called today and said he has the nose off the car and I won't believe the hack job on the inner fenders.. "just wait till you see it" is what he said.. So I can only imagine.

BTW, the manual brake conversion is done, thanks for the advice guys!! I'll get pics of that too!!

:cheers: :cheers:

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on January 22, 2009, 05:52:29 PM
Well, it looks like some new photo/exposure shots might be here tonight/tomorrow. Jon called today and said he has the nose off the car and I won't believe the hack job on the inner fenders.. "just wait till you see it" is what he said.. So I can only imagine.

BTW, the manual brake conversion is done, thanks for the advice guys!! I'll get pics of that too!!

So, your saying more bad news? :shruggy: 

I hope it's not like the rear of the car.

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 22, 2009, 06:43:27 PM

Yep! More bad news... More bad pictures...

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: jb666 on January 22, 2009, 06:46:48 PM

:D The way you state it, I feel like we should all be cheering.  :rofl:

I think I can relate to a certain level. While my mess wasn't as bad and I caught it before paint and re-assembly, I think I got to the point where you are now: no sense crying about it... to the point where you just laugh instead.

MoparManJim

Back N Black

Why not tear it down completely from the beginning, that way you could have made a decision if it was worth restoring. Instead of fixing one problem and uncovering another mess after another.  :Twocents: With that been said i applaud you efforts

skip68

Just keep in mind Jeff that if all goes well, this is what BK will be getting.   :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:  More bad news,  one after another.   :yesnod:  I can't wait for pics, but I allready know what it will look like.  :yesnod:   SWISS CHEESE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotz:   :scratchchin:   Are you keeping the front bucket seats or upgrading to newer ones ?   :shruggy:    Hang in there brother.   ;)       Chuck............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on January 22, 2009, 07:53:24 PM

Why not tear it down completely from the beginning, that way you could have made a decision if it was worth restoring. Instead of fixing one problem and uncovering another mess after another.  :Twocents: With that been said i applaud you efforts

Well, I didn't set out to get into anything like this..  I brought the car to Jon's shop for a simple roll bar.. Then the rear frame rails (which I thought was all it needed).. Then, when he was under/in there it all started to unfold..

Even if it had all been torn down at once from the beginning it'd still need everything I've posted.. So what the Hell..  :shruggy:

Quote from: skip68 on January 22, 2009, 08:48:31 PM
Just keep in mind Jeff that if all goes well, this is what BK will be getting.   :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:  More bad news,  one after another.   :yesnod:  I can't wait for pics, but I allready know what it will look like.  :yesnod:   SWISS CHEESE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotz:   :scratchchin:   Are you keeping the front bucket seats or upgrading to newer ones ?   :shruggy:    Hang in there brother.   ;)       Chuck............

Yeah Chuck, that's for sure..

As for the pics, I'll post'em tomorrow night. The whole nose is off the car.. More surprises and more proof that a nose can be held on with a wing and a prayer(and some zip ties). I think BK was smoking the chief when they put this nose together.. There's no wonder this thing was a rattle box  :eek2:

Jon has done an AMAZING job on the wiring, the new brakes (that Strange master sure is cool/compact!! It opened up a TON of room over there..) and the heater installation.. The box is cleaned up, installed and the heater hoses have been run. All that's left is the new controls/resistor and I'll have HEAT!!!

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on January 22, 2009, 07:02:22 PM

:D The way you state it, I feel like we should all be cheering.  :rofl:

I think I can relate to a certain level. While my mess wasn't as bad and I caught it before paint and re-assembly, I think I got to the point where you are now: no sense crying about it... to the point where you just laugh instead.

That's just it.. I can't get angry or cry about this any more.. Now when Jon says "You won't believe this", my answer is OH YES I WILL, and I laugh.. If I don't I'll go crazy and end up like Chuck!!

skip68

This car is crazy.  This is just an amazing story that will make its way to every corner of the world by the next 6 months mark my words.  :yesnod: :yesnod:  What I really love is the amount of more famous/bigger car people that are reading this.  :smilielol:  You wanted to make a name BK and now you're going to get one.   :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What do you mean by CRAZY Jeff ? :shruggy:  Who's crazy ? ? ?   Stop looking at me.  I know your looking at me.  I'm telling...    I like chocolate....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :smilielol:   :rotz:   Gotta love those guys from back east.   :coocoo:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Yeah you know it Chuck!!  :slap:

Anyways, here's a sneak peak at the Strange master cylinder. Like I said it opened up some serious space...

Here's the before.. Tight, couldn't yank the valve cover or the back plug without yanking the booster:

Now, anything's possible!! Ignore the lines, it's not 100% hooked in yet..

jb666

Ok -- On top of what's about to fall on BK, I gave Brian the chance to be a man and stand up tonight. He got good $$ for this car and I didn't screw around when paying him.. Anyone with a conscience should realize that (LONG BEFORE NOW) he should have stepped up and made an offer to help out a little bit. I can't believe that he's:

A. Never POSTED in this thread even though I KNOW for a fact he's been reading it.

B. Never emailed me with any signs of remorse.

So it makes me wonder if what you guys have been saying all along. Is he involved? Is he a BK Salesrep on the side?? Who knows, but time will certainly tell.

I'm not playing around any more.. I have all of my ducks in a row and can do some serious (legal) damage here...

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

skip68

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 22, 2009, 10:55:34 PM
:cheers:  Glad to see that modified.  :cheers: :yesnod:

Me too!! Pretty soon you'll be seeing body shot pictures, but there's a little ways to go.. I'll post the (hack job) inner fender shots tonight.

mikepmcs

Jeff,
Finally found that dvd i was looking for.  Turns out it wasn't the "Return To Georgia" dvd.  This one is titled Lee 1; Everything Else Is A Replica.  I'll review it tonight at some point and let you know if it has any pertinent information regarding the markings.
Mike