News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I know we've been talking about the LEGAL aspect of this entire situation, but the car is REALLY coming along. I'm actually HAPPY to see it now, where before I'd leave with this feeling in my stomach like someone just stole my family dog..

I'll post more later.. I'm trying to get a few things finished up at work.

Stanleyart

By the way, Jeff, the car is looking better and better, now. You're almost there! Stay with it!

jb666

Quote from: Stanleyart on January 28, 2009, 05:55:49 PM

By the way, Jeff, the car is looking better and better, now. You're almost there! Stay with it!

Thanks man.. It actually DROVE out of Jon's shop the other day (well, long enough to play musical cars), but it's a good sign.. It's ALIVE!!!

Steve P.

Quote from: jb666 on January 28, 2009, 03:59:09 PM
At this point it is very important to keep this train on the tracks. It's carrying some valuable cargo.

I could not agree more.  What this post is doing is helping many others learn from a mistake made by someone  else. Our mom's and dad's are not here with great advise for us or for thousands of new mopar hobbyists. Mom and dad told us something was hot and when we tried it for ourselves we learned that HOT meant PAIN.  Jeff is dealing with his PAIN through this thread and his wallet. By doing so he is helping others to NOT make the same mistake that he did.

I have said it before and I will again, PLEASE PEOPLE, let's keep this thread about what it IS about. If this thread ends up being part of history, (and it already has), let's try to not look like a bunch of children in the playground. Imagine if this thread had been out there BEFORE Jeff started looking for a CHARGER or GL. Or before Brian started looking.  How many OTHER people have and WILL read this in the future and see all these pages of WHAT NOT TO DO??

This is not about pointing fingers at Jeff or Brian or anyone else that was simply buying something they always wanted. They have both admitted their mistake and Jeff is trying to keep others from making the same mistake he made. A search will also bring up HLPAG. We have helped others in the past to be warned of their tactics. A few didn't see the thread and were burned. This is why this thread is so important.  We spend many thousands of our hard earned and harder to come by dollars on these cars and parts. I applaud those who warn of and expose  people that are LESS than truthful.

I have gone in and cleaned up many posts that were off track and just not helpful to this thread. If anyone would like to complain about it please feel free to PM me here.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

I never posted the pics of the fenders when they were off the car..In fact, I just FOUND these tonight (on my spare camera) There's more patchwork on these fenders than your average quilt... Again another GREAT example of "factory condition".

skip68

:2thumbs:   Good job Jeff on posting those pictures.  :2thumbs:    Wait a minute.   :o   Is that the factory blue paint I see ?   It can't be.  BK said the car was blasted.   :scratchchin:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mean 318

ouch! she was just a pave job, im glad to see you are doing it the right way! :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 28, 2009, 09:24:19 PM
:2thumbs:   Good job Jeff on posting those pictures.  :2thumbs:    Wait a minute.   :o   Is that the factory blue paint I see ?   It can't be.  BK said the car was blasted.   :scratchchin:
:rofl: OF COURSE THEY DID!!
Quote from: Mean 318 on January 28, 2009, 09:27:57 PM
ouch! she was just a pave job, im glad to see you are doing it the right way! :2thumbs:

Yeah, it sure was.. I have a few hood shots.. They painted right over rust holes.

Remember these shots? JUST A LITTLE BIT of Bondo here...

skip68

:o   That stuff is junk.   :slap:  I'm sorry to say that Jeff, but I never saw those pictures until now.   :rotz:    The only thing I can say for BK is at least they used bondo.  At least they didn't waste time trying to cut and patch all the rust holes when you can just replace them or bondo them.   :smilielol:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 28, 2009, 09:46:27 PM
:o   That stuff is junk.   :slap:  I'm sorry to say that Jeff, but I never saw those pictures until now.   :rotz:    The only thing I can say for BK is at least they used bondo.  At least they didn't waste time trying to cut and patch all the rust holes when you can just replace them or bondo them.   :smilielol:   

No, I actually forgot to post them.. They were on my Nikon's card, and I forgot because I normally use my Kodak for the car shots.. They were pretty rough. Now you see why I'm ordering AMD panels??

General_01

It just gets better. Are those rust holes "factory condition"? :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry Jeff, but it was too funny to pass up.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

jb666

skip68

NO Jeff. You must be clear.   Everything on the car is BK factory.   There,  I fix for you.  Out of state sale,  No charge.  ;)

jb666

Check out these nasty fenders on EBay for $800. I consider these much worse then what I had... I sold my entire nose for half that  :shruggy:

And last week there was a rotted '69 hood for $350 that got 10 bids!!

hemi-hampton

jb666

Here's where I first posted clear pictures of these fenders:

Reply #1104 on: January 13, 2009, 08:54:47 PM

« Reply #1016 on: January 10, 2009, 05:17:36 PM »

This front driver's lower fender patch work is awesome!! I think the same 11 year old kid that was welding with his shorts on did this... "restored to factory condition".

:shruggy:

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 28, 2009, 11:03:13 PM
By the Repop stuff from AMD :scratchchin:   LEON.

It's what I'm buying.. I'm just showing what's out there for a LOT more then I sold my fenders/hood for...

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

Ghoste

Thats HLPAG, between them and BK they appear to have the Charger con market almost evenly split.  That Shane McGahey or whatever his name is has been trying to get his share too.

mikepmcs

Quote from: model maker on January 29, 2009, 03:51:16 AM
I found THIS while checking them out
http://www.medlawplus.com/classaction/usercomment.tpl?cuid=C11917712883079047

Yup, that link in the article is Tony's car, he's on here too.  There is also a thread on it as well.  Go back a couple, shoot probably 5 pages now :lol:  and you'll see that whole fiasco thread I posted up.

Thanks for the fender pictures Jeff.  Wow is all I can say.  Regardless , being the decent guy that you are, you still practically gave those fenders and hood away trying to do your part and help out somebody else. I know, because I was there, in case anyone is wondering.  I commend you for that.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Thanks Mike.. if anyone can talk about this, you can, since you were standing in Jon's when the whole deal went down..

Anyways, I have some proof that the car IS ALIVE and mobile, finally!! Still a long road ahead of me, but there's light at the end of the tunnel!!! This weekend the new fenders & hood will be ordered!!!!