News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar2Ya

It's looking better!  :2thumbs:
The fenders look fine??? Why not just fill those factory holes w/some BK fill? jk  :brickwall:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

skip68

:cheers:   :scratchchin:  I take it that the doors are fine ?  Glad to see that "MY" friend Mike was there.   ;)   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 29, 2009, 12:04:30 PM
:cheers:   :scratchchin:  I take it that the doors are fine ?  Glad to see that "MY" friend Mike was there.   ;)   

Yep, the doors/lower rockers are fine, thank God.. We expected the lower rockers to be trash, but Jon checked them out and they are straight and solid. The doors (inside/out) appear to be clean , which was another shocker. No BK custom work there  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Mike's my friend now.

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on January 29, 2009, 11:23:57 AM
It's looking better!  :2thumbs:
The fenders look fine??? Why not just fill those factory holes w/some BK fill? jk  :brickwall:

:lol: I thought about it!!

skip68

I'm leaving soon, going to the Shelby Museum for a bit.   :cheers:  I wanted to know, did you take pics of the old "original" brake lines ?  If so, can you post them please ?  Thanks, your humble servant Chuck.............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 29, 2009, 12:36:29 PM
I'm leaving soon, going to the Shelby Museum for a bit.   :cheers:  I wanted to know, did you take pics of the old "original" brake lines ?  If so, can you post them please ?  Thanks, your humble servant Chuck.............

You know, I took a LOT of pictures the day I got the car home and on my buddy's lift.. That's when the fun first began (mechanical). The one shot I didn't take, which I wish I did, was the DUCK TAPE connect brake line T. That was classic and I'm certain NOT in the "101 uses for Duck Tape" manual.

I'll post some up tonight.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: skip68 on January 29, 2009, 12:36:29 PM
I'm leaving soon, going to the Shelby Museum for a bit.   :cheers: 
I wish I was doing that today, instead of doing what I'm doing. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

d/ur/t

Jeff just a short note from down under {Australia}  as I know where you are coming from.I bought a car that turned out way worse than it should have been even though I asked the owner to go over the car one more time to make sure there was no surprises.Though he owned it for 4 years he missed a lot of stuff that I now have to fix.

Go here if you have the time.

gprsmopars.com

project pics on the left of the home page.

He and BK are poles apart all the same and you and this site are incredible.Wish you all the best with the car and wish for the rest of the world to be rid of this shonky.

To BK I recently had a small scale version of this happen to a car I bought for my son where the RWC {road worthy certificate} supposed to be good for 30 days turned out not to have mentioned the faults like no washes or inter wipers no fog lights brake pads non existent and steering wheel grip all loose.So I rang our D O T and asked for advice they told me to bring the car down and they would defect notice it then I had to get quotes to fix it.So I rang the guy that did it and told him I wasn't happy and what the D O T had told me he apologized for slack work and thanked me for contacting and agree to pay to have everything fixed about 500 bucks.I said to him thanks man we all stuff up in life but it's how we deal with the stuff ups that people remember.

The difference between this guy and BK is my guy has a backbone so my advice for BK is to scrape the egg off his face and make good with the car he said he would make.I believe that was a factory dodge charger.It's going to cost a heap but it's the right thing to do.

cheers Jeff and If you ever want to get away to Australia for a while my shout lol   

jb666

Quote from: d/ur/t on January 29, 2009, 03:46:46 PM
Jeff just a short note from down under {Australia}  as I know where you are coming from.I bought a car that turned out way worse than it should have been even though I asked the owner to go over the car one more time to make sure there was no surprises.Though he owned it for 4 years he missed a lot of stuff that I now have to fix.

Go here if you have the time.

gprsmopars.com

project pics on the left of the home page.

He and BK are poles apart all the same and you and this site are incredible.Wish you all the best with the car and wish for the rest of the world to be rid of this shonky.

To BK I recently had a small scale version of this happen to a car I bought for my son where the RWC {road worthy certificate} supposed to be good for 30 days turned out not to have mentioned the faults like no washes or inter wipers no fog lights brake pads non existent and steering wheel grip all loose.So I rang our D O T and asked for advice they told me to bring the car down and they would defect notice it then I had to get quotes to fix it.So I rang the guy that did it and told him I wasn't happy and what the D O T had told me he apologized for slack work and thanked me for contacting and agree to pay to have everything fixed about 500 bucks.I said to him thanks man we all stuff up in life but it's how we deal with the stuff ups that people remember.

The difference between this guy and BK is my guy has a backbone so my advice for BK is to scrape the egg off his face and make good with the car he said he would make.I believe that was a factory dodge charger.It's going to cost a heap but it's the right thing to do.

cheers Jeff and If you ever want to get away to Australia for a while my shout lol   

Thanks, Mate!! WELL SAID!! At this point I'm wondering if BK CARES about their business reputation, but that would be the only thing that would "help" him at this point and POSSIBLY save face..

model maker

If you guys got ripped off, have you thought of joining that class action lawsuit against those crooks ? Power is in numbers !
MODEL MAKER

jb666

Quote from: model maker on January 29, 2009, 06:24:30 PM
If you guys got ripped off, have you thought of joining that class action lawsuit against those crooks ? Power is in numbers !

Yes. All the ducks are already in a row for that to happen. I was kind of hoping BK would come to their senses before that, though.  We'll see.

model maker

I Hope those jerks get stopped cold in their tracks, They need to really be made examples of for doing something like that to people who fork over their HARD earned money & then have to spend more money and time to get a car that is safe to drive. Good luck to all of you pursuing justice for the horrible INJUSTICE you experienced.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

jb666

Quote from: model maker on January 29, 2009, 09:05:26 PM
I Hope those jerks get stopped cold in their tracks, They need to really be made examples of for doing something like that to people who fork over their HARD earned money & then have to spend more money and time to get a car that is safe to drive. Good luck to all of you pursuing justice for the horrible INJUSTICE you experienced.
Bert

Thank you. The one that could REALLY benefit here would be Brian. He's willing to jump in on a class action suit, but getting him HERE to back this all up is like pulling teeth...  :brickwall: :brickwall:

model maker

Like I said, the more people you have to go after them the better. There is REAL POWER IN NUMBERS :cheers:
MODEL MAKER

The70RT

I may have missed it, so Brian actually had the title in his name?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skip68

Yes, and The title that BK gave Brian was in Thomas Schubert's name.  :shruggy:   :-\

hemi-hampton

I remember when someone Questioned fixing the Rust bucket & you said it's only the back half rusty, the front half is fine. BUT, Now I see your replacing 2 rusty front Fenders & a rusty Hood. It seems it's much rustier then first thought. Anyways, Your doing it the right way, keep going. LEON.

Neal_J

I've been reading up on this thread periodically.  Glad to see you're fixing the car properly versus the hack repair job done by BK.  That said, I just don't see how legally you have any claim against BK.   It seems to me that you & Brian were both suckers for not checking out your expensive purchases more carefully beforehand.   

My two cents.  Good luck regardless. 

Neal

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 30, 2009, 12:12:35 AM
I remember when someone Questioned fixing the Rust bucket & you said it's only the back half rusty, the front half is fine. BUT, Now I see your replacing 2 rusty front Fenders & a rusty Hood. It seems it's much rustier then first thought. Anyways, Your doing it the right way, keep going. LEON.
Leon -- I only pulled the front fenders/hood because I wanted all clean/straight metal on the car.. When I said the front wasn't rusty, I meant the frame & floors. THAT horror show stopped at the door jams...  Now my only goal is to have a clean car that will last years to come (You know, like this one should have been).  Thanks Leon - Plenty more pictures to come.
Quote from: Neal_J on January 30, 2009, 12:36:41 AM
I've been reading up on this thread periodically.  Glad to see you're fixing the car properly versus the hack repair job done by BK.  That said, I just don't see how legally you have any claim against BK.   It seems to me that you & Brian were both suckers for not checking out your expensive purchases more carefully beforehand.  

My two cents.  Good luck regardless. 

Neal
Good thing you're not my attorney  :lol: Seriously, I'm sure you didn't comb through 60+ pages, but there's plenty of legal issues binding me to BK.

As for being "suckers", that was determined on page one, by me  :brickwall:

The70RT

Quote from: skip68 on January 29, 2009, 11:22:36 PM
Yes, and The title that BK gave Brian was in Thomas Schubert's name.  :shruggy:   :-\

Just doesn't make any sence that no one registered it that actually supposed to have owned it. Sounds like title jumping to me and a way to avoid taxes.  :shruggy:

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on January 30, 2009, 10:30:56 AM

Just doesn't make any sence that no one registered it that actually supposed to have owned it. Sounds like title jumping to me and a way to avoid taxes.  :shruggy:

What do you mean? Brian bought it from BK and registered/titled it. I bought it from Brian and registered/titled it. The title BRIAN got from BK had Thomas' name on it.  The title I got from Brian had Brian's name on it. All legal in that area.

The70RT

Quote from: jb666 on January 30, 2009, 10:36:06 AM

What do you mean? Brian bought it from BK and registered/titled it. I bought it from Brian and registered/titled it. The title BRIAN got from BK had Thomas' name on it.  The title I got from Brian had Brian's name on it. All legal in that area.

Ok....I understand now. Kinda hard to keep up with all of it. Keep up the good work  :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on January 30, 2009, 10:40:27 AM
Quote from: jb666 on January 30, 2009, 10:36:06 AM

Ok....I understand now. Kinda hard to keep up with all of it. Keep up the good work  :2thumbs:

Oh, believe me, I'm having a hard time keeping my head above water on this one......

jb666

And the saga continues...

THE ONLY THING on the motor BK touched was the oil pan. They changed that and the pickup...

The oil pan bolts are cranked so tight that the gasket is trashed... So now the oil pan's coming off.  :brickwall:

jb666

Wait -- They also installed the carb on this motor.. THAT was totally jocked. The electric choke was wired to the voltage regulator and jammed so bad the butterfly wouldn't move.

I guess I should say I'm glad they didn't BUILD the motor, because they are 3-3 on the INSTALL of the motor  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

1. Carb from Hell

2. No Anti-Freeze

3. Oil Pan/Gasket trashed

:cheers:

jb666

Tonight's update.. The rear main seal is leaking too, so Jon will be replacing that when he does the oil pan gasket..  He said tonight it's running good though!!

I'll be heading to his shop tonight/tomorrow so more pictures will follow...

One thing I'm siked about is that I have blazing heat/defrost in the Charger now!!!  :bow: