News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

I got the same Flowmasters & it is way to loud on the inside of car. But I got the H Pipe & heard the X Pipe helps reduce this so may have to Switch. I wonder if this is true though, I need a ride in a flowmaster car with X pipes to see if I can hear the Radio or not? LEON. :scratchchin:

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 01, 2009, 01:47:41 PM
I got the same Flowmasters & it is way to loud on the inside of car. But I got the H Pipe & heard the X Pipe helps reduce this so may have to Switch. I wonder if this is true though, I need a ride in a flowmaster car with X pipes to see if I can hear the Radio or not? LEON. :scratchchin:

Well, THE ONLY RIDE I TOOK in the car I couldn't hear myself think inside the car. It was horrible. The resonance was crazy around 2500 RPMS. I remember trying to make a call to the wife and she said "Where ARE YOU, the airport?!?!"

BUT, I have 3 full Dynamat bulk packs and jute padding that will be under my carpeting.. I'll be dynamat'ng the car head to toe, front to back, so THAT should help.

FLG

I went with the pypes exhaust violator series....loud but resonance isnt bad and i have neither an x or a h pipe (got bigger things to worry about then that with the car  :D ). Heres a video, they have gotten a tad louder after being broken in (think the fiberglass kinda settles but who knows). There almost a straight through muffler. They have a straight threw design with baffles on the pipe (kinda looks like a cheese grader), so they should preform better then the flowmasters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxQuMaDIEQ

SFRT

dynamat is amazing. even when i run open headers, with the windows up it isnt bad at all. closed headers its real quiet. 3" X pipes.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: RTpsyco on February 01, 2009, 12:22:42 AM
I know all this is going to be deleted but shame on all of you hear for steering jeff to this car. I've read the posts and know the whole story...not just what has been posted here.
Sorry, I just saw this now.. I'm not blaming anyone here for steering me towards this car.. I'm the one who ultimately made the decision to load it on a trailer and drive home (primarily because there was NO WAY I was driving 10-12 hours home with an empty trailer...). BK MADE SURE that the images all users, including Brian saw made the car look like it could have been put into a massive car show and win hands down.

One thing I still TO THIS DATE to not understand... Brian.. Why the HELL wouldn't you buy a plane ticket and fly to Texas?? You shelled $70+K ... SEVENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS... into a car you never saw? Just kept sending checks?? Why not spend $200 on a ticket, fly out one day, fly back the same?!?!?! This STILL blows my mind... AND GOD KNOWS I'm not one to be throwing stones here, because I bought this thing too based primarily off of website images (which also sold others on the fact that this was THE CAR TO BUY), but I certainly didn't spend more than $70k on the rolling wreck (yet, anyways  :smilielol: )

That's the only answer I want.. Wouldn't ANY OF YOU have bought a ticket and taken a day out of your schedules at least once through this "build"??
Quote from: SFRT on February 01, 2009, 02:21:15 PM
dynamat is amazing. even when i run open headers, with the windows up it isnt bad at all. closed headers its real quiet. 3" X pipes.

Yes, it is. I have my SuperDuty Dynamat'd from head to toe because of the audio/video equipment I'm running and it's amazing.. Sound stays in, road noise stays out. Plus where it's a diesel it REALLY quiets things down.

Quote from: FLG on February 01, 2009, 02:18:27 PM
I went with the pypes exhaust violator series....loud but resonance isnt bad and i have neither an x or a h pipe (got bigger things to worry about then that with the car  :D ). Heres a video, they have gotten a tad louder after being broken in (think the fiberglass kinda settles but who knows). There almost a straight through muffler. They have a straight threw design with baffles on the pipe (kinda looks like a cheese grader), so they should preform better then the flowmasters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKxQuMaDIEQ

Car sounds good!! I've heard lots about Pypes lately but have never owned one of their setups.. I've never been a HUGE fan of Flowmaster because of the resonance, but this car (to me) sounds awesome.

BlueSS454

Quote from: jb666 on February 01, 2009, 04:19:00 PM
That's the only answer I want.. Wouldn't ANY OF YOU have bought a ticket and taken a day out of your schedules at least once through this "build"??

Absotively, posolutley  :icon_smile_big:  and multiple times at that IF I were in that situation.  This just makes me even happier that I'm able to do all this myself so I know it's done right the first time  :2thumbs:
Tom Rightler

skip68

I know it's been said several times BlueSS454 and that's something I think that should keep being posted as a tip for others to help them if they have a car built or buy one out of state.  :2thumbs:   In this case, we are dealing with a shop that's lied several times and are in my opinion thieves.  I don't know if Brian going there would have made any difference at all.   :rotz:   They would have just lied and showed him some other car or parts.   :yesnod:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 02, 2009, 01:21:24 AM
I know it's been said several times BlueSS454 and that's something I think that should keep being posted as a tip for others to help them if they have a car built or buy one out of state.  :2thumbs:   In this case, we are dealing with a shop that's lied several times and are in my opinion thieves.  I don't know if Brian going there would have made any difference at all.   :rotz:   They would have just lied and showed him some other car or parts.   :yesnod:   

Which is what some other shops have done in the past. You show up, they show you a nice car loaded with new parts. When you take delivery of your car it's something totally different than what you saw.. It's pretty sad that just because you're in another state people feel they can rip you off with no repercussions. Well, hopefully this will change that way of thinking for BK Auto.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Neal_J

If I've misjudged the situation, I apologize in advance.  But, after reflecting on this thread, it sure seems to me that Brian porked you (after getting porked himself by BK) but now you want BK to pay you.  At the start of the thread, you seemed anything but opportunistic.  However, as this thread and the problems with the car have unfolded, you sure seem like you're loooking for blood from BK (particularly Chuck, who seems to be foaming at the mouth sometimes in his vaguely Black Ops way).

Shame on BK for hacking the car to the point of unsafety & misrepresenting it to Brian - no doubt there.  But, if you wouldn't mind, could you please explain how BK owes you anything compensation-wise? 

Color me confused...

Neal

captnsim

Quote from: Neal_J on February 02, 2009, 02:12:42 PM
If I've misjudged the situation, I apologize in advance.  But, after reflecting on this thread, it sure seems to me that Brian porked you (after getting porked himself by BK) but now you want BK to pay you.  At the start of the thread, you seemed anything but opportunistic.  However, as this thread and the problems with the car have unfolded, you sure seem like you're loooking for blood from BK (particularly Chuck, who seems to be foaming at the mouth sometimes in his vaguely Black Ops way).

Shame on BK for hacking the car to the point of unsafety & misrepresenting it to Brian - no doubt there.  But, if you wouldn't mind, could you please explain how BK owes you anything compensation-wise? 

Color me confused...

Neal
Jeffs not looking for any compensation other then the satisfaction of making sure BK auto can never do this to anyone else. BK did offer Jeff some hush money...which Jeff refused. 

jb666

But, if you wouldn't mind, could you please explain how BK owes you anything compensation-wise? 
Color me confused...
Neal

Neal, my point here is NOT to get compensation from from BK Auto, it's to open other people's eyes to this company. What they build is complete crap and they charge a FORTUNE for it.  The point that I would "expect compensation" started after BK Auto justified this build by saying Brian "Got what he paid for", which is another load of crap.

I don't care if I get one red cent out of this, the car will still be re-built the same way --- THE RIGHT WAY. The only way BK could have saved their reputation would have been to step up and say "Ok, we screwed up here.. BAD, we'll take care of your labor bill!".

I NEVER ONCE said that I wanted to be compensated for materials AND labor. I've got thousands into materials alone, as you can imagine.

Now, take this entire thread, and it's contents into consideration. Remember who's name tag was on this car and who came on here saying the car was built right and Brian was cheap and then ask why you think any of this repair $ should come from BK? $70k was spent on a car that needed $20k+ in REPAIRS to make it safe to drive.

Quote from: captnsim on February 02, 2009, 02:34:15 PM

Color me confused...

Neal
Jeffs not looking for any compensation other then the satisfaction of making sure BK auto can never do this to anyone else. BK did offer Jeff some hush money...which Jeff refused. 

Exactly. If all I wanted was a "quick buck" out of this deal I would have taken BK's money & run with it. It's NOT what this is about.

skip68

Sorry guys, I just had to modify what I said before.    Captnsim is right.   For right now, we just need to expose them.

jb666

One other thing I wanted to add is this... I'll sleep GREAT when this car is done whether I've sunk all of my own $$ into it or if something ends up coming out of this.

Can BK say the same? PROBABLY, because they've shown no remorse.. But the moral of the story is I AM NOT GREEDY, I am not looking to profit from this car/job. If I was EITHER of those things I'd be screwed already!!!  :lol:

Neal_J

Quote from: jb666 on January 31, 2009, 09:26:07 PM
I've offered to pay for ALL materials in trade for them paying the LABOR bill. :brickwall:

Above is your request for compensation which I referenced previously and you sorta repeated above.  I'm sure you've paid a considerable sum for labor (both to date and to come) to correct BK's many errors.  To me, you're actively seeking compensation/reimbursement for that labor cost from BK (although I suppose we could quibble as to the semantics of whether reimbursement equals compensation - to me it does).  In any event, I still don't see why they would have any financial obligation to you since they sold the car to Brian, regardless how how amateruish and unprofessional their work was.   Morally, it's a different story, but that's the way I personally roll.

You've made the point many, many times over that BK's work is pure crap.  But I guess if proving that point that was your only goal, this thread would have been done 20 pages ago.  Just, my two cents, amigo...

Neal

PS - I hope your efforts shut them down permanently.  Progress on the car has been fun to watch. 

skip68

I don't think I'm foaming at the mouth.  :shruggy:  I'm just helping Jeff do this because he asked me to and I want to.  This will help so many people that don't know cars but want them, to know what to look for and what to avoid.   This seems to be a growing trend and it is really sad.   Thanks Neal.   Proving the facts is one thing I agree 100%.  Stopping them is another.   :cheers:

jb666

This thread might have been done 20 pages ago if every single corner we rounded with this car didn't unveil a new problem. EVERY SINGLE ITEM that BK touched on this car is garbage and every day/week there's another "UH-OH" phone call from the shop.

And if you made something and actually cared about your name wouldn't you OFFER to help make it right? Let's say I have $7k into materials and $12k into labor, at this point, am I being unreasonable asking for labor and not everything? This car still represents what they do and is a rolling advertisement for their name.

And please, let me stress again, I DO NOT CARE EITHER WAY if I get a dime out of this. Sure, I've mentioned it many times, but it IS NOT my end goal. My end goal is to make sure they do not sell another car.

BIRD67

Jb, I hobe you have good luck with this car, so far it is Bad Karma.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

jb666

Quote from: BIRD67 on February 02, 2009, 03:08:38 PM
Jb, I hobe you have good luck with this car, so far it is Bad Karma.

Lemme tell you I am SO HAPPY knowing this car is being built right. Every time I go to the shop to check out the progress I leave there siked knowing that some day soon it'll be at home in my garage and will NEVER be a problem like it is now.. By all rights it'll be a new car by the time it's back. THAT ALONE is keeping me going!!

captnsim

Also in the beginning I think Jeff was just trying to show BK how bad their work was...in case they didn't know. And to get them to admit their mistake, rectify it through admition, and hopfully change the way they do business. As Bk's emails have shown...this is not to be. So Jeff was forced through his good conscious to go the route he has from that point. And how can this tread end without that goal being fulfilled to what ever conclusion? If I'm wrong please correct me Jeff. 

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 02, 2009, 03:14:10 PM
Also in the beginning I think Jeff was just trying to show BK how bad their work was...in case they didn't know. And to get them to admit their mistake, rectify it through admition, and hopfully change the way they do business. As Bk's emails have shown...this is not to be. So Jeff was forced through his good conscious to go the route he has from that point. And how can this tread end without that goal being fulfilled to what ever conclusion? If I'm wrong please correct me Jeff. 

You wrote this as if you were reading my mind.

WELL SAID!!! I don't disagree with a single point in your post. I have LOADS of emails you guys haven't seen from BK. All justifying everything done to this car.

Neal_J

Quote from: skip68 on February 02, 2009, 02:58:23 PM
I don't think I'm foaming at the mouth.  :shruggy:

Absolutely no offense intended, Chuck.  I just equate red text, unusually/unnecessarily large fonts, flaming smilies and vague threats of eminent doom to BK as foaming at the mouth.  Just my perception, I guess.

I hope you're succcessul.  I'd sure like to see some results.

Neal

jb666

Quote from: Neal_J on February 02, 2009, 03:22:23 PM
Quote from: skip68 on February 02, 2009, 02:58:23 PM
I don't think I'm foaming at the mouth.  :shruggy:

Absolutely no offense intended, Chuck.  I just equate red text, unusually/unnecessarily large fonts, flaming smilies and vague threats of eminent doom to BK as foaming at the mouth.  Just my perception, I guess.

I hope you're succcessul.  I'd sure like to see some results.

Neal

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Now THAT'S funny.

captnsim

skip68

:smilielol:  I can see what you mean Neal.   :cheers:  I'm not that bad.  :icon_smile_big:   :scratchchin:   :icon_smile_big: