News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Quote from: captnsim on February 02, 2009, 03:31:03 PM
Watch it Neal...I hear Chuck can kill with a smiley... :o

How do you think he landed LISA??    ;)

Sorrry... Back on track.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

moparstuart

Quote from: Steve P. on February 02, 2009, 03:36:39 PM
Quote from: captnsim on February 02, 2009, 03:31:03 PM
Watch it Neal...I hear Chuck can kill with a smiley... :o

How do you think he landed LISA??    ;)

Sorrry... Back on track.
:smilielol: :smilielol:    he had me at hello 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

I don't want Chuck to get a bad rap here.. Never have I seen a person dedicate so much of his time to someone that he's never met and expect nothing in return. The guy might just have to get the 2009 DodgeCharger.com Man Of The Year award!!!

Neal_J

Guys, sometimes reality and the perceptions of others can differ.  Especially in writing, like email or forum posts. But there's no hate here.  Based on the posts in this thread, my perception was/is that Jeff was out for some $$$ from BK and Chuck was out for one or more vital organs.  I think reality for each of you is a bit different than my perceptions.  

We're cool.  Please don't hurt me Chuck, OK?

Peace,

Neal  

jb666

Quote from: Neal_J on February 02, 2009, 03:42:08 PM
Guys, sometimes reality and the perceptions of others can differ.  Especially in writing, like email or forum posts. But there's no hate here.  My perception was/is that Jeff was out for some $$$ from BK and Chuck was out for one or more vital organs from BK  I think reality for each of you is a bit different than my perceptions.   We're cool, please don't hurt me Chuck, OK?

Peace,

Neal  

Cool.. I'm glad we cleared that up.  :yesnod: :slap: ... Oh, wait.. Sorry, I'll leave that up to Chuck.

Neal_J

Seriously, I'm very fond of my liver and spleen...

We're cool, right Chuck?   Buddy??

Here's a smiley for you ---> ;)

Neal

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

captnsim

Neal_J

OK, here's three for you, Chuckles:   :cheers: :drool5: :pity:

Now we're Friends with Benefits.  Incidentally, can I borrow $10?

Back on track starting....NOW!  FU*K BK AUTOMOTIVE!

Neal

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

d/ur/t

I think we all agree that this car was a death trap but I don't see that from the pics and the video I think that goes along way to explaining how easy it is to be ripped off by someone who has gone out of there way to decieve and hide any faults.

It's only a couple of years ago it would have been me the only difference was the GL owner let slip that the car had been given a police Vin and with more prodding it was discoved the car was originally a small block car with no fender tag either. 
cheers

Neal_J

Steve P.

Quote from: d/ur/t on February 02, 2009, 04:41:52 PM
I think we all agree that this car was a death trap but I don't see that from the pics and the video I think that goes along way to explaining how easy it is to be ripped off by someone who has gone out of there way to deceive and hide any faults.

cheers

There IS the point..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

skip68

skip68

OK, Jeff and fellow Charger brothers,  I got an email update from Texas about 45 minutes ago.   :2thumbs:  I'll send you a pm Jeff.   I can say that things are moving in the right direction and, man,  this sucks that I can't really say much and I have to watch what I say.  :brickwall:   I'm sorry but I can't word this correctly and not let out what's going on.   So all I can say is we are one step closer.   Sorry guys.   

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on February 02, 2009, 04:59:17 PM
I think we all agree that this car was a death trap but I don't see that from the pics and the video I think that goes along way to explaining how easy it is to be ripped off by someone who has gone out of there way to deceive and hide any faults.

cheers

There IS the point..

This sums it up just as nicely.

jb666

I just talked to Jon...

THE CAR IS READY TO GO TO THE PAINT SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It almost doesn't seem like it's possible, but it's ready!!

The engine's been checked out (through the pan) and everything's fine. The rear main seal's been replaced. There's a new oil pan gasket. He found a nightmare of a "flare fitting" holding one of the tranny lines (pictures later). It's not leaking a drop and the K-Frame's all better (Re-welded, cleaned up and painted!!)

I'll be heading to the shop tomorrow night after work to meet the paint shop owner and watch it drive away on the back of a flatbed!!!

bakerhillpins

Quote from: jb666 on February 02, 2009, 06:17:41 PM
I just talked to Jon...

THE CAR IS READY TO GO TO THE PAINT SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It almost doesn't seem like it's possible, but it's ready!!

Ya know, with all the talk on this board about how long it takes to not only find a good body shop, but then actually get them to work on the car?!. You must be related to Merlin...

Its freaking amazing that you got the car and within what seems like hours got someone to take it in and go to town! I wonder if it wouldn't be worth it to some folks to buy a piece of crap and take it in the backside for a tad just to get the restoration work shifted into Ludicrous speed!  :shruggy:   :icon_smile_big:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jb666

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 02, 2009, 06:43:10 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 02, 2009, 06:17:41 PM
I just talked to Jon...

Ya know, with all the talk on this board about how long it takes to not only find a good body shop, but then actually get them to work on the car?!. You must be related to Merlin...

Its freaking amazing that you got the car and within what seems like hours got someone to take it in and go to town! I wonder if it wouldn't be worth it to some folks to buy a piece of crap and take it in the backside for a tad just to get the restoration work shifted into Ludicrous speed!  :shruggy:   :icon_smile_big:

:lol: It only seems that way.. Here's the cliff notes version.

Brought the car home at the end of August.

The next morning I brought it to my buddy Manny's (mechanic) shop where it sat for 3-4 weeks being mechanically checked out and repaired.

Brought the car home from Manny's for all of a night when I called Jon and asked him if he could do a "simple job and install a roll bar".

The rest is history. It's been at Jon's since around 11/10/2008 give or take a few days.  I got Jon at the right time. He's ALWAYS got a ton going on, but he found the time to make sure my car was done right. I am thankful he could fit me in like he did!!

That's why I'm optimistic about the paint shop being done by Spring (well, April..) so I can finish the interior at my house.

skip68

:2thumbs:   I think we are at a point in this game that from here on out things are going to be in our favor.  At least I sure hope so.     

Mopar2Ya

Quote from: jb666 on February 02, 2009, 05:58:38 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on February 02, 2009, 04:59:17 PM

cheers

There IS the point..

This sums it up just as nicely.

Hmmmmm.... Those rails made out of FG/bondo? jk  :slap:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

jb666

General_01

Time for paint!  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Glad the car is coming along.

As for my opinion on the subject of money, what's it hurt to try? They built a POS and justify their great work by deflecting blame onto their "cheap buyers who can't afford having the job right".

The end goal is to shut these people down. If Jeff and past customers can get compensated as well, that is icing on the cake. I think it would be great if that happens.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed