News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

model maker

Is this outfit in the link above Bk under another name ? How many places are claiming to make "good" General lees ? and for $23,000.00 what do you get ???
MODEL MAKER

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 03, 2009, 05:37:13 PM
I spoke with Arron from the number on ebay.  He knows BK and mentioned the $70k car.  :scratchchin:  He said his dad is Gary Cooper the Nascar driver and that they build these cars.  He knows HLPAG to.  He said they have a surplus of 9 Dodge Chargers now.   :scratchchin:  I asked about who the client was in the add that says "Client is liquidating" and he said that it was himself.   :slap: :shruggy:   Very strange.    
Ok, so the email was on the up & up?

autodynamics

skip68

Hey Moderators,  Can we delete all the HLPAG stuff and any other unrelated junk (mine included) from this thread?   We have 2 new very important guest reading this.   Thank you.  Chuck...............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

model maker

MODEL MAKER

captnsim

Jeff,
Whatever happened to the webpage you was going to set up? Seems that would be the best place for people needing to see "just the facts" to view this topic.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 03, 2009, 06:29:27 PM
Jeff,
Whatever happened to the webpage you was going to set up? Seems that would be the best place for people needing to see "just the facts" to view this topic.

I own several domain names, but I've been advised to "hold off" for another couple of weeks.

captnsim

I understand. Their must be quite a few legality's to hosting a web page verses a thread like this that is just opinion based on facts.

teamroth

Quote from: jb666 on February 03, 2009, 05:02:43 PM
Quote from: teamroth on February 03, 2009, 04:55:27 PM
It sure looks like the KITT with all the stickers says bkautomotive.com, or something along those lines

I checked the links.. Which picture are you talking about??  :shruggy:

I can't blow it up clearly enough to tell, but right along the front looks like there logo.

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

captnsim

Thats a Knights replica car...not BK auto, aka Black Knight automotive

teamroth

MoparManJim

Quote from: teamroth on February 03, 2009, 06:54:11 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 03, 2009, 05:02:43 PM
Quote from: teamroth on February 03, 2009, 04:55:27 PM
It sure looks like the KITT with all the stickers says bkautomotive.com, or something along those lines

I checked the links.. Which picture are you talking about??  :shruggy:

I can't blow it up clearly enough to tell, but right along the front looks like there logo.

I just did blow it up, it has a K outline on it but no Bs though. 

teamroth

I blew it up too, but it was too blurry to make out. Just my guess though as the ebay profile/ad looks very sketchy.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

teamroth

Steve P.

I called the guy in Indiana myself. It was near impossible to get any information from the OWNER as he really didn't know anything about the cars. He gave me prices and SAID they don't start with rusted out junk, but couldn't tell me anything other than prices..

If this guy is not new he is a scammer. If he IS new, he is trying to do the impossible. You decide.

Simply put, I surely hope that anyone thinking about dropping ANY amount of money on ANY car reads this thread first and uses their BEST judgment before buying anything.   
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ac_knight

This guy sounds like the guy in Indiana that used to run under the name of Tuner Dynamics.  I did some checking a while back and found out they were much like BK.  I have heard since that a different person bought Turner Dynamics out and was doing things right, but I think it might be a name change to save his business.  Tuner Dynamics would advertise on E-bay to build GLs.  It all seemed very fishy to me, but Tuner Dynamics where from Terre Haute, IN.  Several complaints came up about the same kind of "new" parts BK and Tuner were using on the rebuilds. Terre Haute, IN is no metropolis and I find it extremely hard to believe that more than one MOPAR specialty shop would be in the same town.  My experience has been most of Indiana is not a huge MOPAR state.  I might be wrong, but so far its alot of Chevy or Ford, little mopar.  My guess is its the same guys, different name.  just my  :Twocents:

captnsim

Knights replica deals only with "knight rider replica's...NO affiliation with BK auto...Who is in some form...now Black Knight Automotive. Hence the "aka".  Sorry for any confusion...Just trying to show how someone could mistake the two....

scatpack69

KnightCustoms is run by Darrin Cooper. That KITT replica was built by Rob Lousiell of Michigan. It was used in the Fireball Run race. I can't say if their cars are top notch but they are better than BK Auto.

teamroth

Cool, I'm not saying anything about anyone else, but i know there are a few guys who had KITT's built by BK that are none too happy.

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on February 03, 2009, 11:31:20 PM
Cool, I'm not saying anything about anyone else, but i know there are a few guys who had KITT's built by BK that are none too happy.
that's an understatement  :lol:

jb666

Well, today is a good day!! The car left Jon's shop and headed to the body shop.

I just talked to the shop owner, who told me not to bother getting a template for the flag/lettering that he's going to paint on the car. When I asked him why, he said "Because I started peeling the flag on the roof and it came off and took the paint down to the primer. The same with the "General Lee" and the "01" on the doors"   :lol: I'm not surprised, but for once, something BK butched actually made life easier!! So now I have a full roof flag and all decals hanging on the side of a paint booth waiting to be traced..  :2thumbs:

In a weird way I'm kind of bummed it left Jon's shop, it was a good filler for all of those boring days to go check out his discoveries!!

So onward and upward...  :cheers: :cheers:

teamroth

Cheers Jeff! good news. Once you get the car back, you'll have plenty of filler for thedskow days. How long do they think it will be in for paint? Maybe I'm getting ahead, but I would see completion before April no?

jb666

Quote from: teamroth on February 04, 2009, 12:44:47 PM
Cheers Jeff! good news. Once you get the car back, you'll have plenty of filler for thedskow days. How long do they think it will be in for paint? Maybe I'm getting ahead, but I would see completion before April no?

Yes, April is the due date, unless something REALLY unexpected pops up, and where BK Auto is concerned, the word SHOCK is never ruled out.

And yes, I already have a nice collection of filler.. Luckily, that's all gone from the car, now it's time to shine!! I've got my (old) rear quarters hanging on my garage wall. So far 3 people have seen them and said "WHO DID THAT?????????".   :lol: