News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joflaig

Quote from: jb666 on February 05, 2009, 06:56:00 PM
Still April. The shop doing the blasting is local and can take it quick. It'll be a fun job since this is a rolling driving car but oh well. 

But the cost of not only the body work is going way up but the paint work as well. Painting a car properly that has been blasted and the body work properly readied can run into the tens of thousands easily. Adding in the custom painted graphics (flag, lettering, 01(s), will really bump it up.

jb666

The cost of the entire project has been worked out and no, blasting is not adding THAT much tithe cost. Pretty surprising, actually. This shop is no stranger to work like this.
Quote from: joflaig on February 05, 2009, 06:58:04 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 05, 2009, 06:56:00 PM
Still April. The shop doing the blasting is local and can take it quick. It'll be a fun job since this is a rolling driving car but oh well. 

But the cost of not only the body work is going way up but the paint work as well. Painting a car properly that has been blasted and the body work properly readied can run into the tens of thousands easily. Adding in the custom painted graphics (flag, lettering, 01(s), will really bump it up.

I was replying from my IPhone earlier, so I can elaborate a bit more now. These are all local (known) shops working with each other. I'm lucky in one aspect that I'm able to squeeze into busy/jammed up shops and get work done right away. I already know what the blasting is adding to the price and it's nothing like what you're thinking. Think about it, it's only part of my roof, the doors and the sills/lower rockers being blasted. No front end/rear end, so it's not that big a deal. As for painting a care that's been blasted, this shop is known for building/painting cars that will shows like the World Of Wheels, so I'm confident of it's outcome.

I am well aware that IF I WANTED TO I could spend $30k on this paint job.. But I'm not doing that. This car is going to be something I want to ENJOY driving, not being afraid of every ride that I'll get a chip in the paint.. It will look AWESOME but it will not live in a bubble.. (Like my Vette!!!!!). It ruined the 'fun' of the car when I went balls out having it painted. It's barely left the garage since it was painted!!!!!!

General_01

That is a bummer. :rotz: Like you said though, at least you will know it is done right in the end. Keep your head up and keep moving forward. This car will rock when it is done. :2thumbs:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

jb666

Quote from: General_01 on February 05, 2009, 07:35:44 PM
That is a bummer. :rotz: Like you said though, at least you will know it is done right in the end. Keep your head up and keep moving forward. This car will rock when it is done. :2thumbs:

Oh, it is a bummer, but I am keeping my head up.. This is the light at the end of the tunnel and I'm RUNNING for it..

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 05, 2009, 07:44:07 PM
:rotz:  Sorry Jeff.  I knew this was coming.   :rotz:   But that's ok, you and I know other things are coming too.  :naughty:  So just think about that.  ;)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yes they are. That you can take to the bank!!

Now, out of respect to the owner of this car I won't post too many pictures of this car (I don't have any outside of a trailer!!) , but the shop painting my car painted this car last year and it won the World Of Wheels 2008 "Best of Paint"/Best of show award. This car, in person, is absolutely awesome.

It's a bit dusty here, but you get the idea...

skip68

Man that looks sweeeeeet.  :drool5:   For a Ford.   You are going to have so much fun driving the General that you will forget about the Vette.  :yesnod:  I can't wait to see it finished.  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

NHCharger

Jeff, I've followed this entire thread. all I can say is WOW. I do remember reading one of BK's emails you posted in which he states the car was blasted. I hope you take plenty of pics of this latest "hit" for further proof that they have lied about every aspect of their build on this car.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bakerhillpins

I realize that you replaced many panels on the car, but don't you need to be worried about the paint in the cabin as well? (Wouldn't you need to pull the interior all out and blast as well)  :confused:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jb666

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 05, 2009, 07:54:21 PM
I realize that you replaced many panels on the car, but don't you need to be worried about the paint in the cabin as well? (Wouldn't you need to pull the interior all out and blast as well)  :confused:

No.. That's been torn down and inspected. What wasn't replaced (inside) the car has already been torn down , cleaned up, seam sealed, coated and or covered back up. The outside of this car took the abuse. The shop said it looks like this car sat outside for 15+  years with no paint..  Surprisingly enough, the inside's in good shape, as is the front cowl area.

Quote from: NHCharger on February 05, 2009, 07:53:01 PM
Jeff, I've followed this entire thread. all I can say is WOW. I do remember reading one of BK's emails you posted in which he states the car was blasted. I hope you take plenty of pics of this latest "hit" for further proof that they have lied about every aspect of their build on this car.

Oh you can count on that. Proof that BK NEVER touched this car with sand (or any other "blasting" method)  will be as clear as day (if it hasn't been already)

jb666

BTW, I'm ready for the car to come back!! I have my (3) bulk packs of dynamat lined up. I have a brand new carpet set w/full jute padding. The seats will be reupholstered (wait until you see the JOKE of a job BK did on these things. You thought the 11 year old with the welder was funny? Well, give him some seats, a staple gun and seat covers and stand back  :slap: ). The door panels and dash are in great shape. All gauges (except the speedo) are now working.  I'll need a couple of weeks with the car before it'll be ready to hit the road but once it does it'll be a TOTALLY different car then what it was in November of 2008!!

EDIT -- One other funny thing I forgot.. When the shop called today he says "You know the CHARGER emblems on the rear?? Well they weren't attached to the car with anything more than Silicone!!".

Apparently they didn't want to remove anything inside the car to fasten the emblems properly!!  :lol:

The windshield trim was held on with broken trims and silicone.. I mean, spending $5 for new clips would have killed them??? Who's cheap now?!?!?

tan top

can't remember if i have asked  ! sorry if i have  ! was there any sign of them ever taking the windshield out ??? :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Steve P.

To my recollection, BK stated that this car was sand blasted.  So (OF COURSE the windshield was out)..  :icon_smile_blackeye: :eek2:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

Quote from: jb666 on February 05, 2009, 08:10:08 PM
Quote from: tan top on February 05, 2009, 08:07:55 PM
  can't remember if i have asked  ! sorry if i have  ! was there any sign of them ever taking the windshield out ??? :popcrn:

Yes.. There's lots of BK evidence there. I'm amazed it wasn't leaking.

It probably was and you never had it in the weather to know it...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

jb666

Quote from: Steve P. on February 05, 2009, 08:11:22 PM
To my recollection, BK stated that this car was sand blasted.  So (OF COURSE the windshield was out)..  :icon_smile_blackeye: :eek2:

Oh, OF COURSE it was!!  :smilielol:

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on February 05, 2009, 08:10:08 PM
Quote from: tan top on February 05, 2009, 08:07:55 PM

Yes.. There's lots of BK evidence there. I'm amazed it wasn't leaking.

done all that & not put new windshield moulding clips in  :rotz:  , true  it is a wonder it did not leak , BK could not have done it  ..must of had  windshield guys to fit it  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

skip68

Ok guy's. It looks like BK has an attorney as I just got a letter in the mail.  :rotz:  Did you get one Jeff ?  I'll post it so you guys can see just how smart this guy is.   :rotz: 

skip68

scatpack69

skip68

I thought Jeff could use a laugh.   I just can't help myself sometimes.    :rofl:  Moderators, please forgive me.  ;)

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Steve P.

Did it come with a BONDO seal??

Jesus, CHUCK, you had me goin...  

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

General_01

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Chuck, you are just too much.

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed