News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparManJim

Hey Chuck, I think you might owe me a new keyboard now bud! :smilielol: as I just lost control on my mouth with tea in it! 

You had me going as while!  :lol: 

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

;)  I'm just preparing for when it happens.  :icon_smile_big:   I figure we all could use a good laugh about now.    :2thumbs: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: tan top on February 05, 2009, 08:14:44 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 05, 2009, 08:10:08 PM
Quote from: tan top on February 05, 2009, 08:07:55 PM
  can't remember if i have asked  ! sorry if i have  ! was there any sign of them ever taking the windshield out ??? :popcrn:

Yes.. There's lots of BK evidence there. I'm amazed it wasn't leaking.

done all that & not put new windshield moulding clips in  :rotz:  , true  it is a wonder it did not leak , BK could not have done it  ..must of had  windshield guys to fit it  :yesnod:

I'm still laughing about Chuck's legal papers  :smilielol:

Anyways, here's BK's quote, just to refresh your memories:

More Blasting. Don't ever think junmping in a creek bed will help the long term condition of your collectable MOPAR

Engine bay blasted clean and surfaced with the rest of the car in preparation for body work. The trunk POR-15 coated as well
Which was a COMPLETE joke, because when Jon was installing the heater box he found almost an entire bag of leaves inside the cowl...

In this shot you can REALLY see the rust that they simply painted right over...

Marck

Chuck:

Dammit man, you had me goin there..  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Jeff:
I'm sorry about this new development, and it really amazes me that you can keep a sense of humor in all this.. I really don't think I would be able to..
Your Charger is gonna be the baddest thing to hit the streets, and I hope you get to enjoy it for many many years to come..

Keep it up..  :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: Marck on February 06, 2009, 04:27:50 PM
Chuck:

Dammit man, you had me goin there..  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Jeff:
I'm sorry about this new development, and it really amazes me that you can keep a sense of humor in all this.. I really don't think I would be able to..
Your Charger is gonna be the baddest thing to hit the streets, and I hope you get to enjoy it for many many years to come..

Keep it up..  :2thumbs:

Thanks man!! I HAVE to keep a sense of humor or I'll be getting test fitted for a straight jacket...

I'm looking forward to that first drive!!!

mikepmcs

Wow, good stuff all!  I won't make the mistake of not making it a point to check this thread every chance I get from now on. That's an hour I'll never get back.  :eek2: :lol:
Very much worth the read though. 
I'm still here.
:wave:

One thing to remember about the horn is that it needs to be the correct wolo horn from Italy. I believe it's the model 430 but it needs to be made in Italy for the correct speed/notes/sound.  Jeff is all set there I believe.  Come to think of it, I need to check my new one again. :-\. :cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 06, 2009, 05:50:35 PM
Wow, good stuff all!  I won't make the mistake of not making it a point to check this thread every chance I get from now on. That's an hour I'll never get back.  :eek2: :lol:
Very much worth the read though. 
I'm still here.
:wave:

One thing to remember about the horn is that it needs to be the correct wolo horn from Italy. I believe it's the model 430 but it needs to be made in Italy for the correct speed.  Jeff is all set there. :cheers:

Thanks Mike - It'll be a fun read from here on out.

Today's update!!! Ready for this one?

Ok, first.. The front arm rests were held on with slotted wood screws.

The "plug" where I would normally have a control for a remote mirror is a backwards FLOOR plug painted Tan. And check out this picture, you can already see their "nice dye job" on the arm rests coming off. Dye job?? They GAVE Brian the spray can they used to paint the things!!!  :rotz:

Brand new windshield COVERED with overspray held in place with rusted and broken clips.

Door hinge pins are all wasted, which explains why half the pictures on BK's site the door is propped open. When I first got the car THERE WAS NO UPPER PIN in place(it had fallen out inside the fender), the door would drop when I opened it.

From BK's site, this IS my car:

From BK's site THIS IS NOT my car, but yet is on my "restoration page" with this blurb:
Engine bay blasted clean and surfaced with the rest of the car in preparation for body work. The trunk POR-15 coated as well

This primer was/is no where to be found on my car.

They destroyed the side trim/chrome. It's bent beyond repair, so I'll be hunting for a new set of side trim.

More to come.. I'll be at the shop in the morning with armed and dangerous with my cameras... :popcrn:

mikepmcs

Side trim as in drip rail molding?? Please expound on what you need?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 06, 2009, 06:06:23 PM
Side trim as in drip rail molding?? Please expound on what you need?

Yes. Where it meets the rubber is all banged up. I'll post clear pictures tomorrow, but it's so bad it can't even be restored.

Oh, and even though I'll only get to this shop (at best) once a week the shop owner has said he'll be emailing me pictures.. So that makes things even more interesting!! I said GOOD OR BAD, send'em.. It doesn't bother me any more  :lol:

tan top

was just going to ask that last night  :yesnod:  , so there is no sign of that beige primer on your charger  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Quote from: tan top on February 06, 2009, 06:14:35 PM
was just going to ask that last night  :yesnod:  , so there is no sign of that beige primer on your charger  :scratchchin:

NONE AT ALL, nope. So the deception goes on, and on, and on.....  :shruggy:

mikepmcs

Actually when I saw that beige car in the picture, the first thing that came to my mind was....that's not the same car.

I have the trim that the rubber goes in along the roof line.  It follows the same contour of the roof drip trim but it is underneath if that makes sense.  I don't know what to call it.  About an inch wide, etc....  little help here someone. 

skip68

Remember when I said that's not your car long ago?  :rofl:  I still say there are three cars somehow tied to your's.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 06, 2009, 09:27:52 PM
Remember when I said that's not your car long ago?  :rofl:  I still say there are three cars somehow tied to your's.

Oh yeah, I agree completely..

These pics were just sent to me....

Now, would you agree that this is poor paint prep?  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: What now, BK, was Brian CHEAP with the prep work too????  :slap:

skip68

skip68

jb666

:icon_smile_blackeye:

Anyways, wait until tomorrow.. I'll have plenty more pics. I just can't get over the piss poor prep/paint job this car got!!!! Did I mention they stripped ALL of the paint off the car with a RAZOR BLADE?????

skip68

They could have just used a pressure washer I bet.  Thanks for quoting my bad typing.  ;)   I had to go back and fix it so I don't look like Bk's attorney.  :smilielol:    I guess we now know why BK says to have a shop you trust go over the car and inspect it.   :smilielol:   Never in my life have I heard of a shop tell a customer to get another shop to check their work.   :rofl:

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 06, 2009, 10:21:07 PM
They could have just used a pressure washer I bet.  Thanks for quoting my bad typing.  ;)   I had to go back and fix it so I don't look like Bk's attorney.  :smilielol:    I guess we now know why BK says to have a shop you trust go over the car and inspect it.   :smilielol:   Never in my life have I heard of a shop tell a customer to get another shop to check their work.   :rofl:

I'll never forget him saying that "All GL's are easy to convert to a normal Charger, just peel off the decals and remove the push bar". Could you imagine the poor soul that tried to do that with this one??  :rofl: :rofl:

General_01

Hey Jeff, you better tell your paint shop that the numbers are black and white. Not grey. I think they goofed up.  :smilielol: :smilielol:

What a wonderful prep job is right. ::)

Can't wait to see the pics Jeff.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on February 06, 2009, 10:23:46 PM

I'll never forget him saying that "All GL's are easy to convert to a normal Charger, just peel off the decals and remove the push bar". Could you imagine the poor soul that tried to do that with this one??  :rofl: :rofl:

:shruggy:

mikepmcs

They could have just used a pressure washer I bet. 

Actually, air would have done it a whole lot faster. The mess created by this method is not a pretty site though.  Geez, that's really almost impossible to have almost none of the paint stick on the car.  This will send this case over the top. No brainer for Judge ITO.   Don't forget about me when you make your TV Show appearances. :wave:   :2thumbs:

teamroth

Imagine having taken it through a brushless car wash, and the airdryer blowing the paint right off of the car?!! That would have been some sh*t! (I know you wouldnt have taken it through that type of wash Jeff, just connecting the visual)
I'd rather die than go to heaven.