News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluestar

No sure if it is an option at this point, but you could get a factory remote drivers side mirror pretty readily.  I remember having a boatload of them at one time or another.

jb666

Quote from: Bluestar on February 09, 2009, 11:53:16 AM
No sure if it is an option at this point, but you could get a factory remote drivers side mirror pretty readily.  I remember having a boatload of them at one time or another.

Not a bad idea!!  :cheers: :cheers: I'll try to track one down, that way I can get rid of the body plug in my door panel.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Cool, I'll check it out!!

Nothing major today.. All the glass is out of the car.. Found out the reason the door locks didn't work was because the rods weren't hooked up right  :shruggy: I remember the day I got it, the passenger's door was locked and the window was up.. I couldn't get the door open and thought "MY GOD it's welded shut!!"  :rofl: but it opened up eventually..  It used to take two hands to put the windows up/down , but that was because the window mechanisms were put together using parts from several cars.. Things will go back together right so they are smooth!!

:cheers: :cheers:

Troy

Here's the plug you're looking for.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Stanleyart

Quote from: jb666 on February 07, 2009, 03:07:12 PM
Ok, where was I....

Just an example of the airbrush/paint work they can do, and this was all done in their "spare time" to fill the wall...

Sweeeet! Jeff, would you consider having them airbrush the flag with a texture or a fabric-look? I don't think another one has that look.
KWS' comes close, but something even more realistic than that. Their eye for detail has made me Duncan-Hines moist.

jb666

Well, I thought about it, but as much as I'd LOVE to have a custom spin on this thing, my goal is to have a nice GL at the end of the day.. I think I'd regret doing anything out of the box.

captnsim

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 10, 2009, 10:37:10 AM
You going to pull those vent window frames out before paint Jeff?

Of course. In fact, the glass (since those pictures) is out of the car. The vent windows (I just bought new ones) need to be changed, because BK made up some funky "bolt bracket" to hold the window to the swivel because they said "parts were not available". Funny, because I won a nice pair on EBay really cheap!!!

Nothing will be left on the car for paint.

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on February 10, 2009, 10:40:41 AM

Of course. In fact, the glass (since those pictures) is out of the car. The vent windows (I just bought new ones) need to be changed, because BK made up some funky "bolt bracket" to hold the window to the swivel because they said "parts were not available". Funny, because I won a nice pair on EBay really cheap!!!

:popcrn:

jb666

Quote from: MoparManJim on February 10, 2009, 04:40:48 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 10, 2009, 10:40:41 AM

You know Jeff, by now you know you shouldn't belive anything that they have to tell you. So far everthing they said about this car wasn't even true. Like the sandblasting  ::)

Believe me Jim, I don't... Nothing on this car surprises me any more.. I'm way beyond that. I just love how a shop can say parts "arent available" (or WEREN'T 2 years ago) when the market is thriving!!

skip68

:rotz:  I got some news for you Jeff.  I just got off the phone With the Texas Vehicle Inspection Bureau.  :rotz:  They have no records of your car ever being inspected and having a new V.I.N. issued.    :icon_smile_big:   Looks like good old Mr. Schubert has some more explaining to do.    :naughty:  We knew this but I had to have confirmation first.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 10, 2009, 04:53:14 PM
:rotz:  I got some news for you Jeff.  I just got off the phone With the Texas Vehicle Inspection Bureau.  :rotz:  They have no records of your car ever being inspected and having a new V.I.N. issued.    :icon_smile_big:   Looks like good old Mr. Schubert has some more explaining to do.    :naughty:  We knew this but I had to have confirmation first.

This, unfortunately, comes as no surprise. Luckily it's 100% legal and inspected now. (Notarized) Papers have been sent in to the registry and I'm ready for the road... Almost! I've obviously retained a copy of the State Police inspection report for my records.

skip68

captnsim

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 10, 2009, 07:14:19 PM
:drive: Soon!!!! You must be getting excited...

Yeah, that's for sure!!!!!! Hopefully by Spring, when I hit the first show I'll look back and laugh at all of this... I'm borderline right now!!

MoparManJim

Quote from: jb666 on February 10, 2009, 07:16:50 PM
Quote from: captnsim on February 10, 2009, 07:14:19 PM
:drive: Soon!!!! You must be getting excited...

Yeah, that's for sure!!!!!! Hopefully by Spring, when I hit the first show I'll look back and laugh at all of this... I'm borderline right now!!

Well, at least you won't have to worry about the car falling apart going down the road  ;) as it is being done the right way once and for all and you know what all is being done to it. 

jb666

Tonight's update...

This picture came with this caption:

....this photo is of the lower door. You can see that BK just put bondo over the holes then painted the car , and if you look close you can see more filler over the orange paint then primer and paint again, meaning the car sat long enough that the rot blistered and they had to repair it again before the car was shipped .Both doors have the same problem....

The70RT

I guess it could be worse. At least that will be the last of the body suprises.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on February 10, 2009, 10:27:23 PM
I guess it could be worse. At least that will be the last of the body suprises.

:lol: I HOPE! It hasn't gone off to the blaster yet...

General_01

Crap! :flame: But then again, is anybody really surprised by this? Sorry Jeff. More expense and more time now. :brickwall:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Steve P.

So I wonder WHO got the car that BRIAN paid for??   There is not ONE thing on this car that BK described in text or in pictures.  I think BK had someone with a  bigger  wallet came along and BK sold the car that WAS being build for Brian to someone else. This has had NOTHING done to it as described and you have every bit of proof of exactly that. Switching tags just throws the entire story together for me...

Jeff, I think if/when the day comes that you end up in front of a judge on this, we should put together a MILLION MOPAR MAN MARCH and all hang out at the Court. 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

skip68