News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

DannyG

Man, thank you for being bold enough to go public with this.  I'm a mechanic who, believe it or not, went back to school and became a lawyer.  I love the Mopars passionately.  Although I'm a whole world away from you and I'm not familiar with the American legal system, I have to ask this:  Surely you've taken some legal advice on this, haven't you?  It seems to me that you have an excellent case to recover your loss occasioned by their breach of the contract between you.  Are there any small law firms over there who would take the job on?  It seems quite a simple case to put together and its got "settle out early" written all over it.  I can't help but feel that its a dreadful shame that you feel helpless to do anything about it.  There must be some avenue for redress, even if its consumer protection legislation that makes it an offence for traders to deliver well short of what was promised in the contract.  Just a thought.  And thumbs up to you for being a true Mopar guy - never say die!

Cheers,

DannyG

skip68

:cheers:  Thank's Danny.  Yes, there is no way a case like this would ever make it to court (EVER) unless BK has no money/insurance to cover them.   As for a "small" Law firm, I'm sure that will be covered when Jeff is ready.  ;) As a Lawyer you know about destroying credibility, and that you can see we have clearly done here.  The other factor is BK has made many mistakes over the last several years as a business and now they will have to deal with that as well.    We (Jeff and I) are building a very solid foundation.     Chuck............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 11, 2009, 09:34:45 AM
:cheers:  Thank's Danny.  Yes, there is no way a case like this would ever make it to court (EVER) unless BK has no money/insurance to cover them.   As for a "small" Law firm, I'm sure that will be covered when Jeff is ready.  ;) As a Lawyer you know about destroying credibility, and that you can see we have clearly done here.  The other factor is BK has made many mistakes over the last several years as a business and now they will have to deal with that as well.    We (Jeff and I) are building a very solid foundation.     Chuck............

You said it all right there!!  :cheers: :cheers:

mopar73

Just remember the BK company motto:  We're not happy until your not happy! :smilielol:

Steve P.

Quote from: mopar73 on February 11, 2009, 02:56:43 PM
Just remember the BK company motto:  We're not happy until your not happy! :smilielol:

Isn't that the watermark in BK's contract papers??  If not, it should be..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

captnsim

"And the Lord God for giving us the opportunity to do what we love,... make things go dangerously fast with a reckless disregard for human life."

This is from BK's site on the bottom of the coffin car page...I would assume "dangerously fast" is around 5mph... :shruggy: 

Ghoste

You know what else is really sad?  Think about how many people these thieves have turned away from the classic car hobby for good.  We aren't talking about misrepresenting a part, we're talking about tens of thousands of dollars here that BK Auto literally stole from Brian.  Not to mention the time honored con artist methodology of bullying him into paying deeper by threat and intimidation when he questioned their work.  Has Brian been here since?  Will he ever be willing to take that kind of risk again?  I wouldn't.

jb666

Ghoste -- You are right.. They've probably scared more people away (and forced them to buy HONDAS) from this great hobby...

Oh well, tonight's update from the shop!!! Great news, at the end!!!!!!

...Rear rt emblem they bent the studs to hold it in place instead of using speed nuts, other photo is the wind shield clips. The three on the right are new ones they installed, the others are the junk rotted and broken ones they left.The assortment of nuts is what was holding the tailights in coarse and fine threads (nice job). One more thing b bodys have six bolts holding the top of the dash in place under the windshield rubber they used one bolt The Good News Is car is at the Blaster

(I honestly thought I was done looking at pictures of rusty parts!!!  :flame: )

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on February 11, 2009, 06:03:04 PM
Ghoste -- You are right.. They've probably scared more people away (and forced them to buy HONDAS) from this great hobby...

...Rear rt emblem they bent the studs to hold it in place instead of using speed nuts, other photo is the wind shield clips. The three on the right are new ones they installed, the others are the junk rotted and broken ones they left.The assortment of nuts is what was holding the tailights in coarse and fine threads (nice job). One more thing b bodys have six bolts holding the top of the dash in place under the windshield rubber they used one bolt The Good News Is car is at the Blaster

bent the studs on the back of the emblem  :brickwall:  these guys damn ,  could of just cut a thread & used a conventional nut   :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on February 11, 2009, 06:17:57 PM
Quote from: tan top on February 11, 2009, 06:08:09 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 11, 2009, 06:03:04 PM

bent the studs on the back of the emblem  :brickwall:  these guys damn ,  could of just cut a thread & used a conventional nut   :yesnod:

But that would have taken more time and materials, and they weren't paid for that!! $70k today's get you a conventional nut, come on!!!  :eek2:

damn Sorry Dude  i keep forgetting  :slap:  my bad     at least they did not stick it on with bondo :yesnod: :brickwall:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi-hampton

I'm surprised you had clips at all, thought they would of just urethaned it in there :scratchchin: :rofl:

Ghoste

Urewhat!!  Thats a pretty big word to try and spell there fella.  Just put some of that gooey stuff from the big tube on there. (in the BK world anyway)

skip68

You know what the best picture would be at the end of all of this?   The nice folks at BK in handcuffs.   :2thumbs:    That's just my crazy vision.  :2thumbs:

The70RT

Quote from: skip68 on February 11, 2009, 08:02:47 PM
You know what the best picture would be at the end of all of this?   The nice folks at BK in handcuffs.   :2thumbs:    That's just my crazy vision.  :2thumbs:

That and their first shower  :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skip68

hemi-hampton

captnsim

skip68

JMF

Stanleyart

Starring Vin Diesel as Jeff, and Starring Chuck, as Chuck. (Chuck plays the heavy perfectly. )  :RantExplode:
:icon_smile_wink:

skip68

I wonder how BK's stomach feels now ?  I hope it starts to feel like some of his past customers and worse.   :yesnod: 

jb666

Believe me, with the amount of people I've been sending this link to lately, I wouldn't be surprised if a movie offer came along  :lol:

Anyways, I'm hoping to hear more later on about the car. It's due to be sandblasted today... I guess it was a LOT of work to prepare a complete/driving car for this process.. Sand, as you know, gets everywhere and they are trying to keep it out of the areas that I don't want it.. I should have some GREAT pictures when it comes back from the shop. I can only imagine what BK did under the rest of the paint...  :eek2: