News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

They must of built 2 of these, A nicer sanblasted one (nicer, if thats possible :scratchchin:) & then this POS. They only showed Pics of the nicer one but then sold Brian this POS. Switch a roo. Scam. :scratchchin: :brickwall: :slap:

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on February 14, 2009, 10:36:18 AM
I raised the question of who should get the money Brian or Jeff? Because there are 94 pages on BK but very little on Brian and Jeff's transaction, what did Brian tell you about the car to get you to drive to his house with a trailer in tow?  How could you look at that car and not see the oblivious problems staring right in your face. 99% of the people we know would not have bought that car. I'm sure Brian could not get the car on the trailer fast enough when you said, I'll take it. I think you are doing the right thing by exposing BK for what they are but I think you should be after Brian for ripping you off. I don't think you gave BK a penny? Not sure on that. Again my  :Twocents:

I drove all the way to his house for the same reason that so many members here told me "if I have the $$, THIS is the car to buy". Because this car LOOKED amazing on BK's "restoration" picture page. I wasn't planning on being in this $$ range, but so many said it was "done right" and "the best for the $$", that I ASSumed I couldn't go wrong. As I've said 100X, I got there, he opened the door and I was absolutely awestruck by the Orange paint and (at least I think it's the way it happened) the car was mine from that moment forward.. The wife was trying to be my voice of reason, but I WAS NOT driving 12 hours home with an empty trailer.. That would have been a huge waste... Or would it  :slap:

:cheers:

Ghoste

I can understand the pull of driving a long ways with intentions to buy a car and then not wanting to go home with an empty trailer.  A few years ago I had an opportunity to buy back a 69 Charger I owned many years ago and I negotiated a price based on photos that were sent me.  When I arrived at the location a days drive from my home, the car was worth barely a tenth of what we negotiated.  Still, the urge to buy the car even though it was (in my case) such an obvious piece of complete and total junk (it would hardly have been of use even as a parts car) was huge.  Incredibly huge.  Luckily I was able to resist the temptation to buy it anyway and I came with an empty trailer and a very different story from yours.
Point being, I can understand the thing about not coming home without it.

skip68

Well Steve, we will have that info soon on who has the other car.  ;)   One thing I noticed is in all the pictures I"ve seen of your car Jeff, when it left BK's shop it had NO bars going from the rollbar to the floor.  When was this done?  The other thing I saw is that when I looked at all the pictures on BK's site of GL's several of them were the same car.   I'm trying to locate a car that was sold and sent of all places to Las Vegas.  :smilielol:  When I do, I will be checking numbers.  Can you imagine if I found the car that has the V.I.N. tag that matches your fender tag.   :rofl: This will get very interesting to say the least. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

captnsim

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 14, 2009, 10:36:53 AM
They must of built 2 of these, A nicer sanblasted one (nicer, if thats possible :scratchchin:) & then this POS. They only showed Pics of the nicer one but then sold Brian this POS. Switch a roo. Scam. :scratchchin: :brickwall: :slap:
I would say BK builds a "nice" car to document the process then sells a bunch of shoddy ones from that picture base. I would guess Brian and Jeff are not the only one to be presented with "photos" from that first build. Then receiving something differant.

skip68

The pics of the kid welding was on another car.   At one time I could see 3 cars and maybe a 4th being built.  We will find out.   :yesnod:   I can't say why but, at this point I think that there is 5 cars so far with numbers that have been played with.  :yesnod: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 14, 2009, 12:13:09 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 14, 2009, 10:36:53 AM
I would say BK builds a "nice" car to document the process then sells a bunch of shoddy ones from that picture base. I would guess Brian and Jeff are not the only one to be presented with "photos" from that first build. Then receiving something differant.

Which is EXACTLY what HLPAG does.

Quote from: skip68 on February 14, 2009, 12:22:43 PM
The pics of the kid welding was on another car.   At one time I could see 3 cars and maybe a 4th being built.  We will find out.   :yesnod:   I can't say why but, at this point I think that there is 5 cars so far with numbers that have been played with.  :yesnod: 

:yesnod: The pictures of "my" car being sent do have a bar installed.. I kept the bar, too, because it's one of the worst piles of CRAP that I've ever seen!!

THIS photo, from the page, is definitely MY car. We know this because the rust (covered with Bondo) is in the exact same places:

This is NOT my car, but on my page:

This is NOT my car:

I love this.. The useless bars under my hood are welded to the firewall and would snap like a carrot...

You could pick the entire car up by these braces.... not that you would want to, but you could. Or maybe you would want to, in which case your in luck... either way.

Here's "my" car while they were test-fitting the engine, notice the A/C box sticking out?

And here, it's masked so it didn't get painted over:

Yet, here, it's gone, and was delivered to Brian that way with a pc of DYNAMAT covering the hole

Why yank that unit?? Why not ship it with the car?? Obviously because they needed one for another customer's car.. They told me on the phone it "wouldn't fit, and besides, Brian was putting in an aftermarket heat/ac unit".

Here's a shot where you can actually see the backside of the Dynamat painted Black:

::)

jb666

This is my interior. I can tell by the blue door:

And this shot was too, I can tell by the steering wheel and half assed paint job on the column where it was left 1/2 Black:

This is definitely mine, notice the missing dome light due to the fire hazard they cause:

skip68

:2thumbs:   For some reason I thought I saw a picture months ago that had 2 cars missing the radiator supports.  :shruggy:  Maybe on BK's site ?     :shruggy:    If there is no front end damage, tell me,  :scratchchin: what is the only reason you would ever cut that out and get rid of it ?   :icon_smile_big: 

jb666

And this one, I can tell is my "finished car" because of the sagging driver's door (no upper hinge)  :brickwall:

captnsim

I think on Hemi cars the wiper and blower motor where differant...for clearance issues.

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 14, 2009, 12:42:23 PM
:2thumbs:   For some reason I thought I saw a picture months ago that had 2 cars missing the radiator supports.  :shruggy:  Maybe on BK's site ?     :shruggy:    If there is no front end damage, tell me,  :scratchchin: what is the only reason you would ever cut that out and get rid of it ?   :icon_smile_big: 

I don't know. There are SEVERAL spots on the front end (sheet metal) support areas that are cut in the oddest places. Even the body shop said to me "WHY did they cut right there?!?!".

Troy

Engine swap. Lots of guys in the past found it easier to remove the engine if if the rad support was gone. It's more common that I'd like to admit.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 14, 2009, 12:43:43 PM
I think on Hemi cars the wiper and blower motor where differant...for clearance issues.

but, with the engine out it would have been the perfect time to eliminate A/C all together and put a standard heat box in. Instead they shipped the car with no heater box, no lines and live power wires (with no harnesses) dangling under my dash. It was nice.

jb666

Quote from: Troy on February 14, 2009, 12:44:37 PM
Engine swap. Lots of guys in the past found it easier to remove the engine if if the rad support was gone. It's more common that I'd like to admit.

Troy

With that in mind, why not re-install after? Instead they pieced it back together (barely) and MADE the lower support. The radiator was zip tied to the "support" when Jon first got the car.

skip68

I think that Troy means this could have been done before BK got the car by someone else.   :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 14, 2009, 12:50:50 PM
I think that Troy means this could have been done before BK got the car by someone else.   :2thumbs:

Possibly.. Here you can clearly see where they patched in a "new" support:

Ghoste

I have an old B-body in my distant past that I cut the top of the support out for that very reason.  Some time after I sold it I saw the car again and it had been returned to street duty and had that section patched back in.  This was all well before the matching numbers mania but I can well imagine someone trying to document that poor Coronet today.

skip68

hemi-hampton

The one pic you show a tan car with gray primer blower motor & say it's not your car, Then in another Pic you show same car getting the Hemi Test fitted & say it is your car. I dont think the tan car was yours at all, thought it was blue instead of tan? Looks like he had 2 tan cars. A tan car & then a Tan Primered car unless his Tan Primered the tan car? LEON. :scratchchin: :shruggy:

Marsh

Jeff, I would say Brian doesn't deserve to get squat.  I also think BK needs to pay for more than the labor plus the aggravation that you have and had to going through in this mess. 

jb666

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 14, 2009, 01:31:44 PM
The one pic you show a tan car with gray primer blower motor & say it's not your car, Then in another Pic you show same car getting the Hemi Test fitted & say it is your car. I dont think the tan car was yours at all, thought it was blue instead of tan? Looks like he had 2 tan cars. A tan car & then a Tan Primered car unless his Tan Primered the tan car? LEON. :scratchchin: :shruggy:

Good point. I have no clue. If it's two different cars than they simply put these useless bars into more than one Charger.

Quote from: Marsh on February 14, 2009, 02:42:44 PM
Jeff, I would say Brian doesn't deserve to get squat.  I also think BK needs to pay for more than the labor plus the aggravation that you have and had to going through in this mess. 

The more I think about this, and see everyone's point of view here, the more I think you might be right. Brian did NOTHING to stand up for himself and simply passed this off for someone else to deal with. Then, when confronted about it he offers to help but never here, only in the form of sending me what BK sent him.  Thanks for nothing!!

captnsim

Quote from: jb666 on February 14, 2009, 12:45:15 PM
Quote from: captnsim on February 14, 2009, 12:43:43 PM

but, with the engine out it would have been the perfect time to eliminate A/C all together and put a standard heat box in. Instead they shipped the car with no heater box, no lines and live power wires (with no harnesses) dangling under my dash. It was nice.
Seeing the quality of thier work...I would say they tried to remove the blower motor because of the Hemi...Found out you have to take the cage fan off...and just ripped the heater box out to solve the issue.

d/ur/t

Quote from: Back N Black on February 14, 2009, 10:36:18 AM
I raised the question of who should get the money Brian or Jeff? Because there are 94 pages on BK but very little on Brian and Jeff's transaction, what did Brian tell you about the car to get you to drive to his house with a trailer in tow?  How could you look at that car and not see the oblivious problems staring right in your face. 99% of the people we know would not have bought that car. I'm sure Brian could not get the car on the trailer fast enough when you said, I'll take it. I think you are doing the right thing by exposing BK for what they are but I think you should be after Brian for ripping you off. I don't think you gave BK a penny? Not sure on that. Again my  :Twocents:

Probably going out on a limb here being from out of state {read country}but I feel if the car was involved in any thing untoward { ie: proven to contribute to a death or deaths in an accident } the coroner doesn't car about previous owners all they are interested in is finding the cause of the accident or person or persons at fault or in this case negligence.If BK was shown to have worked at length {got his build tagg on it to prove this }  surely a layperson can expect {not being a qualified mechanic } that the car is mechanically sound or at least mechanically sound enough to pass any state laws that exist or at least itemized anything that would need to be fixed in order of urgency.He has shown to be negligent  because he has in all the time he had the car refused to make it safe or worse still gone out of his way to hide the fact that the car was not safe which I believe to be worse.The reason I say this is a relative in my home town comes across this all the time even though the purpose of the business is automatics.Customers continually complain that faults are not fixed even though permission was not given. In my opinion affixing that tagg is equivilent to an engineering cirtificate.IE this car is a product of BK auto and as such is deemed to be engineered to a standard.What that standard is,is yet to be determined and at this point in time the evidence has shown that BK doesan't have much of a standard.

anyway that's my upside down thought's lol

jb666

Well, thankfully no one was hurt/killed while driving this car. If so I would have been on the news telling this story (barring the fact that I wasn't the one killed) instead of here.

Had I filled the tank and taken off really hard the tank would have dropped out from under the car and exploded because of the sparks..... It gives me the chills thinking about it now because the day I went out with the wife we had my daughter in the back. The way BK made the "roll bar" in the car made it VERY difficult to get in/out of the back seat.. I can imagine , if the car was a rolling ball of flames, how quick she'd have been able to get out of there  :flame: . Now, factor on top of that the rear lights being grounded to the gas tank and the tank leaking from every seal and 3 spots on TOP of the tank (where it rubbed BK's rivets from the floor pan) I AM LUCKY this car never got any serious road time.  :angel: