News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Reminds me of the Time I was Driving home a 66 Chevelle I just bought. about 25 years ago in mid 80's. It's about 1:00 in morning on a school night. I'm Cruising down a big 8 lane road (8 mile road & telegraph) when I here a loud thud & then screaching scraping metal & sparks behind the car. I pull/coast over into a parking lot only to see it's my gas tank hanging behind the car still hanging by a rubber hose. Me & my buddy are thinking, WOW, Can't beleive all those sparks didn't blow us up. I'm driving a rolling time bomb & didn't know it. Real life is not like TV where everything is always blowing up so easy for Dramatic effect. LEON.

kyteler

Though perhaps rude to register just to post on this thread.  I was directed to this site via a New Zealand car forum (oldschool.co.nz) where the chap had been directed via the NZ Mopar Club forums (nzmoparforum.com)  I have to say I was so taken aback by the whole thing that I wrote a small entry on my own blog about it, it's not much but it's at least contribution to getting the word out of just what to be looking out for.

My first disbelief is what this BK Auto guy refers to as cheap.  Unreal.  Especially as the saga progresses and you realize that none of the money seems to have been spent on it.

My condolences on the whole scenario jb666.

I won't post a link to my blog on here as I don't wish it to appear as any kind of advertising for my own site.  It's a basic blurb that then links directly to page one of this thread.

It's good to see the car coming along so well.  It reminds me a little of the mull saga, where a guy in Sweden (IIRC, possibly wrong.) bought a 240Z from the states quoted as being free of rust and upon getting stuck in, it was discovered the whole floor had been glassed over.  Madness!  Anyway, I'm dribbling on.  Best of luck with your endaevours to rid the world of at least one charlaton and to bring a classic Charger back to the condition it deserves.

jb666

Quote from: kyteler on February 15, 2009, 08:19:04 PM
Though perhaps rude to register just to post on this thread.  I was directed to this site via a New Zealand car forum (oldschool.co.nz) where the chap had been directed via the NZ Mopar Club forums (nzmoparforum.com)  I have to say I was so taken aback by the whole thing that I wrote a small entry on my own blog about it, it's not much but it's at least contribution to getting the word out of just what to be looking out for.

My first disbelief is what this BK Auto guy refers to as cheap.  Unreal.  Especially as the saga progresses and you realize that none of the money seems to have been spent on it.

My condolences on the whole scenario jb666.

I won't post a link to my blog on here as I don't wish it to appear as any kind of advertising for my own site.  It's a basic blurb that then links directly to page one of this thread.

It's good to see the car coming along so well.  It reminds me a little of the mull saga, where a guy in Sweden (IIRC, possibly wrong.) bought a 240Z from the states quoted as being free of rust and upon getting stuck in, it was discovered the whole floor had been glassed over.  Madness!  Anyway, I'm dribbling on.  Best of luck with your endaevours to rid the world of at least one charlaton and to bring a classic Charger back to the condition it deserves.

Hey, thanks for the support and the help spreading the word!! Feel free to post a link to your blog. What I'm doing is compiling all sorts of information for a web site I'm building, and part of that is an area showing links (from other sites) to this thread.

Thanks again!!  :cheers: :cheers:

kyteler

Direct link to it here. 

Retro Pitfalls

It's not huge and I did yoink and re-host 3 pictures on my own photobucket, to give people the jist of the scenario without stealing bandwidth from anywhere else. If this is problematic let me know and I'll happily remove them.

jb666

Quote from: kyteler on February 15, 2009, 09:21:30 PM
Direct link to it here. 

Retro Pitfalls

It's not huge and I did yoink and re-host 3 pictures on my own photobucket, to give people the jist of the scenario without stealing bandwidth from anywhere else. If this is problematic let me know and I'll happily remove them.

Nice, thank you for spreading the word!!  :cheers: :cheers:

skip68

Glad to see this is getting around the world.   The big name and fame that Thomas Schubert wanted for his company is now getting there and I'm all to glad to help.   I got home last night from visiting with VegasMike, and right before I went to bed at 1:30 in the morning I checked this and there was 9 guest looking at this thread.   :2thumbs:   This thread has been read by Thousands and still growing like fire.  I LOVE IT ... 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

You know, I was just going through some of my saved documents and came upon Brian's original ad where he was selling the car (here). The more I read this the more I believe he DID screw me over intentionally.. How could anyone who's had this car sitting in their garage for 6-8 weeks possibly believe what he wrote?? You decide:

69 Charger General Lee Hemi  Clone / Tribute car
Original 383 hp /ac car.
Car was built with all new components.
New  472 Hemi Mopar engine
new built 727 trans
new steering box
new Hemi suspension
sub frame connectors and engine bracing
new strange dana 60 rear and drive shaft
tti ceramic coated polished headers
new power 4 wheel disk brakes
Demon carb
high  performance mini starter
march serpentine pulleys
aluminum radiator with dual electric fans
3 inch exhaust with x pipe and chrome  tips, sounds like a NASCAR!
new interior and lots more. Too much to list.  Everything in and on car is new. 600hp and built to use it.
I also have a very nice cobra 78 CB radio and real teardrop antenna that will go with the car.
car is very nice, .  if you know of anybody interested feel free to pass it on.  to see car being built go to http://www.bkauto.net/GL119.htm
vehicle is located in Maryland.
$45,000 OBO, motivated seller.
bjflstn@aol.com

::)

Then two weeks after putting the ad up, he bumped it with this:

push bar and decals can be easily removed, time 2 sell!

I would have LOVED to see someone try to remove the decals "easily". That would have been classic.

skip68

Jeff, he DID NOT LIE.  :flame:  They were easy to remove.  :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl:   ;)   See how easy they came off.  :slap: :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

Quote from: skip68 on February 15, 2009, 10:32:09 PM
Jeff, he DID NOT LIE.  :flame:  They were easy to remove.  :smilielol: :rofl: :rofl:   ;)   See how easy they came off.  :slap: :icon_smile_big:

You beat me to it Chuck! :smilielol: 

They did come off easy, JUST not how you wanted them to was all. They bought paint up along with them as while. 

captnsim

Marck

Hey Jeff, I just wanted to tell you, that I posted your story on the danish www.moparclub.dk forum a couple of minutes ago, and I also found it on www.smallblock.dk.

Your story is really going around the world..  :2thumbs:

jb666

Quote from: Marck on February 16, 2009, 02:45:34 PM
Hey Jeff, I just wanted to tell you, that I posted your story on the danish www.moparclub.dk forum a couple of minutes ago, and I also found it on www.smallblock.dk.

Your story is really going around the world..  :2thumbs:

EXCELLENT, thank you!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

jerry

i think you screwed yourself over and to dumb to admit it. don't you ever get tired of blaming everyone for your big mistake? the other 2 just seen you coming .then you are rebuilding it again and what are you going to have when its done? a very nasty rust bucket with over $100,000 in it and 90 pages of letting the whole world know that they need to stay away from this whatever it is.other then that whats new?

General_01

Another non-interested party feeling the need to speak. If your not interested, move along.

Hey Jeff, have they blasted yet? And if so, why haven't you posted pics yet? :shruggy: :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

captnsim

Quote from: jerry on February 16, 2009, 10:32:40 PM
i think you screwed yourself over and to dumb to admit it. don't you ever get tired of blaming everyone for your big mistake? the other 2 just seen you coming .then you are rebuilding it again and what are you going to have when its done? a very nasty rust bucket with over $100,000 in it and 90 pages of letting the whole world know that they need to stay away from this whatever it is.other then that whats new?
I think Jeff fixed all the rust...hence all the pictures for people who don't like to read.

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 16, 2009, 10:47:24 PM
Quote from: jerry on February 16, 2009, 10:32:40 PM
I think Jeff fixed all the rust...hence all the pictures for people who don't like to read.
And you're right, the rust is all history!! But it's ok, the "other 2 seen me coming". BK must have been psychic.  :lol:

Quote from: General_01 on February 16, 2009, 10:40:45 PM
Another non-interested party feeling the need to speak. If your not interested, move along.

Hey Jeff, have they blasted yet? And if so, why haven't you posted pics yet? :shruggy: :icon_smile_big:

This is true, guys.. He's got a point, but I've admitted I screwed myself 100X here.

As for new pics, I don't have any yet. The car's still at the blasters.

General_01

Oh, I know you've admitted it. That's why I said "another non-interested party" because he is not interested enough to read what you have said numerous times. And this isn't the first time he has posted here. His only interest is to continually point out that you got what you deserved, so to speak.

Jerry, next time you feel the need to comment, make it a useful comment. And only do so after reading AND understanding what has been posted. If your to lazy to read or are just going to spew the same garbage, swallow hard and slowly remove your fingers from the keyboard area.
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

General_01

496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

MoparManJim

skip68

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 17, 2009, 02:16:29 AM
There you go Jerry.  ;)  I went way out of my way to make extra sure that Jeff and everyone here can see the point that you are making.  With 97 pages and over 25,000 views, Did I miss something here ?  If I remember right, I think this was covered on page one. (1) :yesnod:  If you are a little slow Jerry I am sorry and I will try my best to not offend you.  :pity:  I guess you posting without reading is the same as Jeff buying without looking.  ;) Funny how these things can happen.  ;) I really am sorry, it's just that I figure that all our readers have past the first word in the first post on the first page.  :cheers:  You know, Why do I have the feeling that for some reason we have had this discussion with you before Jerry ?  :rotz:  :cheers:

:rofl: MY GOD that little rant has me rolling! Good one, Chuck.

Ok, I have to go back to my cave now. I really get tired of dragging my wife around by her hair. They are thinking of using me for the next series of Geico insurance commercials since the ape-man isn't available.

skip68