News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

No, no, no.  Jerry has made false statements.  That's what the problem is.   He says this car when it's done will be a very nasty rust bucket with over $100,000 in it.   :shruggy:  That is so far from the truth. This car will be like brand new and is being built right before our eyes.   He says Jeff is to dumb to admit that he screwed himself which is wrong as well.  Jeff has said all along since day one that he should have looked at the car closer and that part is his fault.  Those were statements by Jerry, not opinions, that I just proved to be wrong.  If Jerry wants to keep coming and speaking his opinion that is fine and I welcome it, he has every right to.  But, if Jerry or anyone makes a false statement I'm going to correct it if I can.  I even have to correct my own statements if they are wrong and I have done that before.  Like I've said before, not all the readers are reading every post.  They are skimming over it.  I do not want them to read anything that is not correct.  This shows that you MUST read before you post.  If you continue to not read everything and make false post then you are open for correction.   :cheers:      Chuck...............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Troy

But Jerry never has anything nice to say. Ever. He must have the only perfectly rust free car in existence because he's certainly all over anyone who has to do any rust repair at all. I mean, surely there are perfectly preserved cars everywhere you look? Right? Bueller? He has the same attitude about nearly everything (not just sheet metal) of course. Perhaps some advice would be welcomed from someone with so much knowledge but, alas, all we get are insults.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

SFRT

triple 6 might have gotten the non reach-around treatment, but he manned up and fixed it right so its all good.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ac_knight

You know that I have been reading this thread from the begining, I actually posted way back when I started off reading because of Jeff's situation and I was interested.  I felt bad, because I know how it is to be blinded by the orange paint.  I commend him for admitting he was wrong and trying to fix it, but I stayed to see how the car would come out and what else would turn up from BK. 

Then came Chuck, and boy did he ever.  I think now I read to see how the car is coming along, and to see what else Chuck will say.  If you can get past all the emodicons, then there is some pretty funny stuff.  :2thumbs: :nana: :lol: :cheers: :popcrn: :icon_smile_big: :yesnod:

I will continue to check in everyday, because if I dont 10 pages will get added and I would get totally lost.
Keep up the good work Jeff, and keep us entertained Chuck!

jb666

Thanks guys!! I wish I had an update for today, but DO NOT WORRY, by Saturday there will be some new pictures up here!!

And nope, none of my AMD panels came with rust.. Such a shame, I was really hoping to have the only $100k rusty car here.  :hah: . Even the new frame rails/floors I got were rust free. I'll try harder next time.

I guess AMD didn't "seen me coming". 

It's funny listening to people like Jerry who look at the world through rose colored glasses and live in a big bubble.. Got news for ya, Jerry, after reading all of your posts on this forum, I think you need to work on the old personality. You remind me of a blood blister I had once, but even that went away.  :cheers:

The70RT

Quote from: jb666 on February 17, 2009, 07:11:58 PM
Thanks guys!! I wish I had an update for today, but DO NOT WORRY, by Saturday there will be some new pictures up here!!

And nope, none of my AMD panels came with rust.. Such a shame, I was really hoping to have the only $100k rusty car here.  :hah: . Even the new frame rails/floors I got were rust free. I'll try harder next time.

It's funny listening to people like Jerry who look at the world through rose colored glasses and live in a big bubble.. Got news for ya, Jerry, after reading all of your posts on this forum, I think you need to work on the old personality. You remind me of a blood blister I had once, but even that went away.  :cheers:

Thanks for letting me know. I was gonna check on his posts myself but you and Troy summed it up. Now I don't have to waste my time......So how much of the car are you having blasted?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on February 17, 2009, 07:49:45 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 17, 2009, 07:11:58 PM

Thanks for letting me know. I was gonna check on his posts myself but you and Troy summed it up. Now I don't have to waste my time......So how much of the car are you having blasted?

The cowl, the doors(and jams), the roof, the upper rear quarters and the trunk lid inside/out.  It was going to the booth on Friday, so if all goes well it should be back at the shop (it might be already) today, but I can't say for sure.  It could have been done without this step, but it wouldn't have been done right, and I don't want the paint blistering through in a year.

skip68

:cheers:  Thanks ac_knight.   I'll be here all week.  I've got nothing to add at this point far as BK Automotive goes.  So in the mean time, I'm sorry if I pop off with a few jokes.  I think it helps to get a "chuckle" from time to time.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: skip68 on February 17, 2009, 07:59:48 PM
 I think it helps to get a "chuckle" from time to time.  

I'm gonna call you "chuckles" from now on...    :coolgleamA:       :rofl:

Hey! If you had a rock 'n' roll band, and they were called the Cookies, you'd be known as Chuck 'n' His Cookies.
(Say it out loud.  :D )

All right. Back to our regularly scheduled program.

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

captnsim

jb666

I just got a call from the body shop!!

1. The grille has been completely rebuilt. It had a total of 16 breaks. The grille was obviously bought on EBay because inside there were tiny pcs of Styrofoam. It's 100% now, and in primer. I'll have pictures later.

2. The car's done at the blaster's shop. He will be there at roughly 4:45 to pick it up!!!!!!!

I should have some pictures tonight.

The ONLY PANEL that Jon didn't replace has been declared trash. The rear/tail light panel.

captnsim

jb666

Yep! It's all good news from here, I suppose... Nothing LEFT to find!!!!! :flame:

captnsim

skip68

I know Jeff, but we still have other surprises to look forward to.  If you know what I mean ?   :naughty:   I will be waiting for the pictures too.

captnsim

I'm glad your here Chuck. You always remind me of the good things in life.  :D

skip68

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Stanleyart

Quote from: jb666 on February 18, 2009, 04:23:57 PM

1. The grille has been completely rebuilt. It had a total of 16 breaks. The grille was obviously bought on EBay because inside there were tiny pcs of Styrofoam. It's 100% now, and in primer. I'll have pictures later.

2. The car's done at the blaster's shop. He will be there at roughly 4:45 to pick it up!!!!!!!

The ONLY PANEL that Jon didn't replace has been declared trash. The rear/tail light panel.

Just 16? ::)

And in the company's defense, that styrofoam could have been confetti residue--you know--when the car sold they threw a party, and used shredded styrofoam to toss up in the air. They tried tossing intake manifolds like that but they kept denting the cars in the shop, which is where the mud & primer on finished paintwork method came from. :P

jb666

Quote from: Stanleyart on February 18, 2009, 06:27:07 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 18, 2009, 04:23:57 PM

Just 16? ::)

And in the company's defense, that styrofoam could have been confetti residue--you know--when the car sold they threw a party, and used shredded styrofoam to toss up in the air. They tried tossing intake manifolds like that but they kept denting the cars in the shop, which is where the mud & primer on finished paintwork method came from. :P

:cheers:

captnsim