News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

So, a nice engine, axle and exhaust, all of which was not from BK is okay.   Is there one thing that BK did right or good in this build ?   :shruggy:   I'm NOT defending BK at all when I ask this.  Call it a game if you will.  Can any of us see anything that we can honestly say was done the right way and good ?   The only thing I can say is that in the pictures it looks like they block sanded it smooth.  Oh, they washed it good too.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 18, 2009, 09:00:29 PM
So, a nice engine, axle and exhaust, all of which was not from BK is okay.   Is there one thing that BK did right or good in this build ?   :shruggy:   I'm NOT defending BK at all when I ask this.  Call it a game if you will.  Can any of us see anything that we can honestly say was done the right way and good ?   The only thing I can say is that in the pictures it looks like they block sanded it smooth.  Oh, they washed it good too.

Ok. Let's analyze your statement.

Engine - They screwed up the pickup and destroyed the oil pan/gasket. The ONLY parts of the motor they touched.

Axle - They removed the rear diff cover for some reason and killed it re-installing it. I think they used the same hammer drill on this that they did on the oil pan.

Exhaust - I THOUGHT that was nice, but when it was flat on the ground it was NOT flat. It had to be straightened out, courtesy of Jon.

Got anything else?  :icon_smile_big:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

captnsim

skip68

I think this will show just how sad this is.   We can point out all the bad and Jeff can post all the pictures and give details on the bad too.   But what I really want to see is can we (anyone and you to BK) honestly say there is some sign of quality work anywhere ? Take money out of the picture completely.     Put all the bad that we've heard about BK aside and give it your best honest shot.   :rotz:

Ghoste

In all actual honesty, I think their best and most talented effort is in being con artists.  Between conning Brian, then bullying him into further debt, trying to con us here, lying to Jeff, threatening Jeff and from the sounds of it repeating this crap with several other customers, I think that is their true talent.

captnsim

:2guns: mounting the tires???  :shruggy: smoothing bondo...He seemed to do that right  :yesnod: Oh he put the hood seal on right!!!! :2thumbs: Go BK!!!!

skip68

:smilielol:   Light bulbs.  :shruggy:   They did put the light bulbs in right didn't they ?

captnsim

Quote from: skip68 on February 18, 2009, 10:40:29 PM
:smilielol:   Light bulbs.  :shruggy:   They did put the light bulbs in right didn't they ?

I don't know...can you bondo bulbs in???? :shruggy:

dodgecharger-fan

I hate to throw 'em a bone, but the shiny orange paint was pretty enough.... not that it would have lasted, though.

GT

Jeff,
  Finished reading all of this... 100 pages almost... wow.  I have to give you credit for sticking with it in spite of the nay-say'ers and all of the challenges you have come across.   Also looks like you have some new friends thru this  :2thumbs:

To me, this is much more of a meaningful and significant build than the BarrelCuda...  I think you should put some kind of special touches to your General Lee to make it stand out above the others... something subtle.

It is quite easy to see your passion about the car and desire to get it done.  A lot of us can tell you have a very stand up personality - you haven't really lashed out in anger (which FREAKING amazes me - many of us wanted to drive down and give them a good 'ole arse whooping behind the shed).

I may of missed it - but did you find anything wrong with the unibody itself from a collision/alignment issue?  How about the K-frame/etc.?  Are you going to repair or replace the hacked one?

Now, We NEED more pics !   :drool5:
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

jb666

Quote from: GT on February 18, 2009, 11:26:02 PM
Jeff,
  Finished reading all of this... 100 pages almost... wow.  I have to give you credit for sticking with it in spite of the nay-say'ers and all of the challenges you have come across.   Also looks like you have some new friends thru this  :2thumbs:

To me, this is much more of a meaningful and significant build than the BarrelCuda...  I think you should put some kind of special touches to your General Lee to make it stand out above the others... something subtle.

It is quite easy to see your passion about the car and desire to get it done.  A lot of us can tell you have a very stand up personality - you haven't really lashed out in anger (which FREAKING amazes me - many of us wanted to drive down and give them a good 'ole arse whooping behind the shed).

I may of missed it - but did you find anything wrong with the unibody itself from a collision/alignment issue?  How about the K-frame/etc.?  Are you going to repair or replace the hacked one?

Now, We NEED more pics !   :drool5:

Hey, thanks! I've never been the guy in the crowd with the calm way of dealing with things.. Always the hot-head, so it's good to hear I'm portraying myself as a calm rational person here!! Maybe there is hope for me yet!!

Anyways, no signs of collision, thanks God. As for the K-Frame, it was jocked. Cut, jagged, butched. Jon fixed it and it's as good as new now.

Speaking of as good as new.. Check out these before & after shots of my grille. WOW!!!!!!!!!

Here's the blurb from the body shop:

Jeff first four photos show the how BK left the grille, the 5 & 6 show plastic welding repairs, last photo shows in primer

Keep in mind, he found/noted 16 breaks on this grille.

Stanleyart

WOW! Jeff, what can't your guys undo or accomplish? Once a website shows up featuring the former Weiner King car, and all the before and after shots, their business should increase I would think.

Now I want to see more damage, just so I can see how well they'd problem solve and fix it! (Not really, but you know what I mean.)

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: Stanleyart on February 19, 2009, 07:53:53 AM
WOW! Jeff, what can't your guys undo or accomplish? Once a website shows up featuring the former Weiner King car, and all the before and after shots, their business should increase I would think.

Now I want to see more damage, just so I can see how well they'd problem solve and fix it! (Not really, but you know what I mean.)

I'll get some shots of their other projects this weekend. You'll be impressed. This car is a cake-walk to them compared to the other cars/trucks/bikes in there.

Quote from: The70RT on February 19, 2009, 07:58:44 AM
Wow....your guys are awesome  :2thumbs:

They really are. Now I'm getting excited to see this really moving along!!

jb666

Well, I just got the FINAL "bad news" phone call. The shop called to "warn" me in case I was to stop down in the next day or two. Upon returning from the blaster's shop, they did a thorough inspection. The words he used were "I can not believe the devastation BK just covered up, they should be in jail for doing this. Don't panic, NOTHING on this car is unrepairable, I just didn't want you do be shocked when you saw it".

OH JOY.  I guess the rear tail light panel is completely rotted off the car. This doesn't surprise me with the condition of the rear end, and to be honest I should have just had Jon do it while he was replacing the entire back end.. So that's my fault.

But the roof, upper rear quarters, doors, posts.. COVERED with pin holes and cancer. 

The good news is it's nothing they haven't seen before and I am 100% confident in the fact that this will be as good as new.. But I've been told I'll have some 'pretty horrifying' pictures to post up later.

:popcrn:

Stanleyart

I really REALLY was kidding.

Auh--ahhh. Those guys--I just don't know what to say.

jb666

Quote from: Stanleyart on February 19, 2009, 09:14:21 AM

I really REALLY was kidding.

Auh--ahhh. Those guys--I just don't know what to say.

Neither do I. I really hoped it was going to come back from the blasters with nothing more than pin-holes.. Not in need of serious repair, but am I surprised? No.

bakerhillpins

DAM. that's depressing and its not even my car! :brickwall:  :flame:

Its good that it can be fixed but unfortunate as you say that it didn't get taken care of before.

Keep your spirits up! Its been a long road and it seems you are nearing the end. I don't think there is anything else that hasn't been opened up and inspected yet so I hope you are good to go.  :2thumbs:

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jb666

Quote from: bakerhillpins on February 19, 2009, 09:59:23 AM
DAM. that's depressing and its not even my car! :brickwall:  :flame:

Its good that it can be fixed but unfortunate as you say that it didn't get taken care of before.

Keep your spirits up! Its been a long road and it seems you are nearing the end. I don't think there is anything else that hasn't been opened up and inspected yet so I hope you are good to go.  :2thumbs:

Bryan

Bryan,
     You are so right... That's just what the shop said, too.. That there CAN'T be any more surprises and to look on the bright side.  It's been a long road, and I'll be honest with you, I'm really wishing I didn't buy this car at this point. Nothing on it was done right and NOTHING can be left as BK did it. Very discouraging.

skip68

To all you readers, take note.   If you have a BK car, DO NOT TRY AND REBUILD IT.   Please contact Jeff or I.  We may be able to help you.  Your privacy will be protected and I have some people in Houston that would be happy to talk with you.  You DO NOT need to be a resident of the U.S. as I know several of you are not.     Just send us a pm with a brief detail of your car and copy of any contract with BK Automotive.  You may black out names and addresses but please leave dates and V.I.N. numbers and a way that we can contact you.   Thank you.  Chuck..............

Leonidas Rex

I have continued to follow this through all 100 pages. Jeff, just when I thought and hoped that you might see some light at the end of the tunnel I cannot believe the crap that sets you back.

I would be sure to have lost it by now. I commend you for sticking with your project and even more for standing up for what you believe in. My dad and I have rebuilt several cars and sold them. I cannot fathom how someone with a conscience could let this roll out of their shop and say it was road worthy or even up to factory standards. What I still cannot figure out is the lack of depth that someone else had to sell it to you with an inkling that there might be problems with the car even if he did not know to what extent the car was damaged.

All I can say is your guys have done an excellent job and you should be proud of your project. Thank you for taking a stand. If there is anything that I can help with, please feel free to contact me.