News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: dkn1997 on February 19, 2009, 06:34:13 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 19, 2009, 05:58:31 PM
...........BTW guys, I have some (nasty) pictures coming my way tonight... I can hardly wait... Then on Saturday I'll have a boatload to put up.

how could they be worse than this grill repair?  Judast H. Priest!  wtf! and any other expletive that denotes my shock and dismay!  Did they take a dump on this and add some bondo hardener to it?  clearly not shocking anymore to see this type of thing...it's like finding out that Hitler was a bad tipper on top of all of the other stuff he did.

:rofl: Now THAT'S funny!!! I can't top that one!!!

dkn1997

Jeff, I know that this is on your nickel and all, but I have to ask...are you getting to the point where they call you or send you more pics and you actually start laughing?  I know it's not really funny, but the sheer absurdity of it!

Anyway, kudos to you man!  your holding your head high in spite of how the previous owner and BK shafted you and you haven't gotten petty or whiney once.   When your time comes and you are inline at the pearly gates, just give St. Peter a link to this thread.  you may even get a "WTF?" out of him.
RECHRGED

jb666

Quote from: dkn1997 on February 19, 2009, 06:42:57 PM
Jeff, I know that this is on your nickel and all, but I have to ask...are you getting to the point where they call you or send you more pics and you actually start laughing?  I know it's not really funny, but the sheer absurdity of it!

Anyway, kudos to you man!  your holding your head high in spite of how the previous owner and BK shafted you and you haven't gotten petty or whiney once.   When your time comes and you are inline at the pearly gates, just give St. Peter a link to this thread.  you may even get a "WTF?" out of him.

:smilielol: Too funny!!!

Anyways, as for the calls and the laughter.. That was happening back when the car was at Jon's shop.. He'd call and say "Welp...." and I would just start laughing,because I KNEW it would be followed up with a "you won't believe what I found TODAY!!".

:lol:

Back N Black

Just hope that St.Peter doesn't pull up in A General Lee built by BK and you have to break the bad news to him. ;D

jb666

Quote from: Back N Black on February 19, 2009, 06:55:13 PM

Just hope that St.Peter doesn't pull up in A General Lee built by BK and you have to break the bad news to him. ;D

Yeah, then I have a feeling I'd be heading in the other direction  :flame:

This "new" discovery will obviously mean more hours at the body shop, but I'm happy with the fact that they said "This is not the worst we've seen and BY NO MEANS is this stuff unrepairable. The best part is it won't ever come back to haunt you.".

But I think the best advice he gave me today was "Just plan on keeping this car for a LONG TIME, because if you find you have to sell it in a year you're really going to be getting rammed....." .

You can fill in the blanks...

RS23 71

Quote from: jb666 on February 19, 2009, 05:58:31 PM
BTW guys, I have some (nasty) pictures coming my way tonight... I can hardly wait... Then on Saturday I'll have a boatload to put up.

:popcrn:  I hope when everything is sorted you can let some of us readers make copies of all these pics you got to help spread this tale from the twilightzone.

skip68

The other thing that is sad is I bet BK really doesn't see anything wrong with this.   I think this is the only way they build cars and know how to.   They don't know any different.   :rotz:   We can all laugh and cry at this shit work (sorry, but there's no other word for it) and the BK idiots would look at us and say what's wrong with it.   I think somebody asked who is the owner of BK once,  it's Thomas Schubert.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Back N Black

Do you have any mug shots of Mr. Schubert and his posse? I'm curious, what does these clowns look like?

jb666

General_01

"Whadya' mean we don't know how to build cars? We build great cars if you're not a cheapskate. That's what a cheapskate gets for $70,000."
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

joflaig

Quote from: jb666 on February 19, 2009, 10:03:31 AM
Bryan,
     You are so right... That's just what the shop said, too.. That there CAN'T be any more surprises and to look on the bright side.  It's been a long road, and I'll be honest with you, I'm really wishing I didn't buy this car at this point. Nothing on it was done right and NOTHING can be left as BK did it. Very discouraging.

Not surprised, but the shop is right -- after blasting it's like you're naked, nothing can be hidden. HOWEVER, this doesn't mean the unibody couldn't have some twisting or mis-aslignment here or there. I know my car did and it wasn't obvious until I went to have an alignment done.

Anyway, not to rain on your parade further, but don't discount the fact your motor was never torn down and truly inspected to a very high degree. I think that could be your last surprise, though I hope not!

General_01

Quote from: joflaig on February 19, 2009, 09:33:35 PM
Anyway, not to rain on your parade further, but don't discount the fact your motor was never torn down and truly inspected to a very high degree. I think that could be your last surprise, though I hope not!

Is that the 80th or the 100th time you have mentioned that. I think he heard you and understood the first time joflaig. You can come out of the tree and stop chirping now. Oh, and thanks for not WANTING to rain on his parade, but doing it anyway. :2thumbs:
496 stroker
4-speed

joflaig

Quote from: General_01 on February 19, 2009, 09:39:11 PM
Is that the 80th or the 100th time you have mentioned that. I think he heard you and understood the first time joflaig. You can come out of the tree and stop chirping now. Oh, and thanks for not WANTING to rain on his parade, but doing it anyway. :2thumbs:

Hey don't attack me man, what happened to Jeff happened to me too, his case being much worse. It's better to be a pessamist and be pleasantly surprised when things turn out positive than to hang onto false optimism. That's how he ended up with this pile to begin with. I made the same mistakes. I learned the same things he's learning. And it cost me a ton of $ too. I got burned on my original motor, so forgive me for emphasising this topic so often.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here since nobody else seems to want to...

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

General_01

Quote from: joflaig on February 19, 2009, 09:46:12 PM

Hey don't attack me man, what happened to Jeff happened to me too, his case being much worse. It's better to be a pessamist and be pleasantly surprised when things turn out positive than to hang onto false optimism. That's how he ended up with this pile to begin with. I made the same mistakes. I learned the same things he's learning. And it cost me a ton of $ too. I got burned on my original motor, so forgive me for emphasising this topic so often.

I am not trying to attack you, but your "Just playing devils advocate" and "Check the motor" comments are just getting repititous. You have brought them up before and Jeff responded to you and got feedback from the guys working on the car after your initial concerns. He decided to go a different route than what you would have done, but you repeatedly bring it up. Let it go. Constructive advise is good, but don't beat it to death.

Sorry you got bent over too. Seems to be a trend in this hobby.
496 stroker
4-speed

teamroth

what's the weather like up on that pedestal?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

But that's just it. Jon's got some serious experience building motors. If you ever saw his shop, you'd know that this guy knows what he's doing. He ran a series of tests on my motor and NONE of them yielded negative results or trust me the motor would have been out.

Also, keep one thing in mind I'll be driving the car this season and in the Fall Jon's pulling the motor. Let's just say the build's not radical enough, so he's going to work some magic on it..  So I'm confident this build will last the season.

:cheers: :cheers:

joflaig

Quote from: teamroth on February 19, 2009, 09:58:37 PM

Hey don't atta?ck me man, what happened to Jeff happened to me too, his case being much worse. It's better to be a pessamist and be pleasantly surprised when things turn out positive than to hang onto false optimism. That's how he ended up with this pile to begin with. I made the same mistakes. I learned the same things he's learning. And it cost me a ton of $ too. I got burned on my original motor, so forgive me for emphasising this topic so often.

what's the weather like up on that pedestal?

What pedestal? This is getting off topic, but I freely admit in my own expereince to having been as blind and naive as Jeff arguably was when he bought this car. I'm all for moral support here, and want to see these bastards get what's coming to them too.

And I honestly wish you the best with that motor, God knows I know what they cost to build. Anyway, I know you've got it by now not to assume the best. That's the only point I'm trying to make here.

General_01

Not to get too far off topic jo, but isn't your car going in soon for a radical makeover. If I remember your photoshop it is going to look sharp. :2thumbs:

:cheers:
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

Not to change the subject but check this out.  I was looking over the paperwork that BK sent Brian and saw the picture of the car that they sent him and said it was his.  It has an 01 rattle can number on the passenger side door but the car that they show on the site is the blue one Jeff has.  I can't explain it right now other than I can say for a fact that there are three ( 3 ) cars involved in this one transaction.  That is a 100% fact.   ;)

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 19, 2009, 10:10:09 PM
Not to change the subject but check this out.  I was looking over the paperwork that BK sent Brian and saw the picture of the car that they sent him and said it was his.  It has an 01 rattle can number on the passenger side door but the car that they show on the site is the blue one Jeff has.  I can't explain it right now other than I can say for a fact that there are three ( 3 ) cars involved in this one transaction.  That is a 100% fact.   ;)

And I can confirm that.

A photo break is coming.. I don't have them yet.

The70RT

Jeff, since more parts are being removed you are probably getting a pretty big pile going now. We need to see all junk in one pile when it's all over. I hope storage isn't starting to be a problem. Leaving the evidence outside probably wouldn't be a good idea.......if you know what I mean :whistling:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us