News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

See i know my car is full of bondo...just to not "see" all this i plan on cutting my quarters and making reef material out of them, i dont even wana know whats under the metal...but i know ill take a look and be disgusted.

hs1973

damn,i just became a member of this site and im sorry to hear your story, but im sad to say that that we here in europe are used to see bad metal work.from the us. us cars are known for being poorly fixed when rusted. i have seen many "rust free california cars " from ebay and i must say theres alot of happy peopel on some kind of drugs out there that doesent seem to have any problems with puting bondo in rust holes, actually it almost seems like it vould have been easier to fix it right than use all that time to conseal all the problems, hope you get to the end of the jouyney and wiil enjoy the result of your hard work. regards fron´m copenhagen denmark. henrik

jb666

Quote from: hs1973 on February 22, 2009, 12:08:55 PM
damn,i just became a member of this site and im sorry to hear your story, but im sad to say that that we here in europe are used to see bad metal work.from the us. us cars are known for being poorly fixed when rusted. i have seen many "rust free california cars " from ebay and i must say theres alot of happy peopel on some kind of drugs out there that doesent seem to have any problems with puting bondo in rust holes, actually it almost seems like it vould have been easier to fix it right than use all that time to conseal all the problems, hope you get to the end of the jouyney and wiil enjoy the result of your hard work. regards fron´m copenhagen denmark. henrik

Hello in Denmark!! Thanks for the comments Henrik  :cheers: And thank you for helping spread the word!! People like BK thrive on people outside the US. There's little, if any, recourse once the car is shipped. Not to mention the expense involved... 

jb666

Do any of you guys know if the pcs I'm pointing to come with the new panel from AMD??

new panel from AMD:

The70RT

Oh yeah, that's all one piece. Correction. I just looked at mine and you mean the studded part....sorry then i don't know.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jb666

Quote from: The70RT on February 22, 2009, 12:36:50 PM
Oh yeah, that's all one piece. Correction. I just looked at mine and you mean the studded part....sorry then i don't know.

Ok great. It was hard to tell by that little picture and I definitely need that section. Thanks!

OOPS -- Just saw your edit. Yes, the studded pc that the tail lights bolt to.

The70RT

Quote from: jb666 on February 22, 2009, 12:39:04 PM
Quote from: The70RT on February 22, 2009, 12:36:50 PM

Ok great. It was hard to tell by that little picture and I definitely need that section. Thanks!

OOPS -- Just saw your edit. Yes, the studded pc that the tail lights bolt to.

I'm sure someone will chime in. You would think it would though.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

captnsim

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 22, 2009, 01:00:35 PM
Here ya go Ebay Item number: 310088210969

Well, that SHOULD be the same panel that I just bought from AMD. I just wasn't sure by the pictures if it came with what I needed, in this picture:

skip68

How we doing today boys ?  Welcome hs1973.  :cheers:   I hope this gets to some of the others in Europe that have a BK car and they join us.  This is not the way we Americans want to be known for in dealing with these cars.  These are simple crimes of opportunity.  BK and others like them thrive on customers that are far away.  This makes it easy for them.  :rotz:  It's easy to see when you look at the contract, description of the car and then the actual car that BK Automotive is a thief.  They knew the condition of this car and yet they tried to pass it off as a solid new custom built car that they aren't supposed to be selling anyway.   :flame:   :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

hs1973

i know there is always someone trying to make money of somebody that has a dream but not the knowledge to identefy a rustheap. im currently trying to help a guy that bought a 67 mustang cap on ebay. the pictures looked ok an he was told that it was rustfree with rebuildt motor and trans, thats not the case however, what he got when it arrived here was a rust bucket with a moter from some kind of fullsize ltd or something like that. the whole frontend of the body had been cut of and somebody then tried to make a new frontend out of what appers to be plumbingpipe and it is so baadly put together that the car was not safe to drive. there is no viring left enywhere. front fenders bumper ect was hanging on by barp vire. i could keep talking all day about how bad this car is, so your not alone in being ripped of. ill try and post pictures off it later.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on February 22, 2009, 01:04:29 PM

Well, that SHOULD be the same panel that I just bought from AMD. I just wasn't sure by the pictures if it came with what I needed, in this picture:

Do yourself a favor and check the fitment of the tail lights before you paint that thing....even the NOS tail panels were known for the lights not fitting quite right.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 23, 2009, 03:38:05 AM
Quote from: jb666 on February 22, 2009, 01:04:29 PM

Do yourself a favor and check the fitment of the tail lights before you paint that thing....even the NOS tail panels were known for the lights not fitting quite right.

Will do, thanks  :cheers:

Quote from: hs1973 on February 23, 2009, 01:50:04 AM
i know there is always someone trying to make money of somebody that has a dream but not the knowledge to identefy a rustheap. im currently trying to help a guy that bought a 67 mustang cap on ebay. the pictures looked ok an he was told that it was rustfree with rebuildt motor and trans, thats not the case however, what he got when it arrived here was a rust bucket with a moter from some kind of fullsize ltd or something like that. the whole frontend of the body had been cut of and somebody then tried to make a new frontend out of what appers to be plumbingpipe and it is so baadly put together that the car was not safe to drive. there is no viring left enywhere. front fenders bumper ect was hanging on by barp vire. i could keep talking all day about how bad this car is, so your not alone in being ripped of. ill try and post pictures off it later.

:cheers:

tan top

Quote from: BlueSS454 on February 21, 2009, 10:51:07 PM
I wonder if BK ever branched out anywhere's else.  I dug up these shots I took when I tore into my car.....

yes, tin riveted over rot holes...

holey tin worm batman :o  ..never seen that on a charger !!!  :o top of the quarter in front of the side glass  :rotz:

Quote from: jb666 on February 23, 2009, 06:56:57 PM
Here's some interesting reading, guys...

:cheers: :cheers:

http://www.freiburgersjunkyard.com/forum/index.php?topic=10108.0

:2thumbs:  good read Jeff  :yesnod: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Brian sure has a way with words.. I always enjoy reading his articles. Especially when they focus on BK's handy-work  :yesnod:

autodynamics

Brian Lohnes

Quote from: jb666 on February 23, 2009, 07:43:26 PM
Brian sure has a way with words.. I always enjoy reading his articles. Especially when they focus on BK's handy-work  :yesnod:

I still owe you lunch brother! Capone's...you name the day (but it can't be before Friday because I'm traveling for "real work")

Blair is going to do a kick ass job man. The good news in all of this is that you are going to have a car that was resurrected by true craftsmen.

Brian

jb666

Quote from: Brian Lohnes on February 23, 2009, 07:52:31 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 23, 2009, 07:43:26 PM

I still owe you lunch brother! Capone's...you name the day (but it can't be before Friday because I'm traveling for "real work")

Blair is going to do a kick ass job man. The good news in all of this is that you are going to have a car that was resurrected by true craftsmen.

Brian

You know, you just nailed it right there. I'm sure Jon's head is already big enough for the praise I've given him, but I can't say enough. The work he did just blows my mind. When the car was on the lift the day before it left his shop I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I thought it was a factory/brand new car underneath. From the MESS that it was when it arrived to that? It's incredible..

Then it went to the body shop and WOW , the amount he's gotten done in such a short time is awesome. Today I talked to him and he said the drip edge on the driver's side is completely rebuilt and looks like new, and the passenger's door/hinge area was being torn down as we spoke. That's just awesome. By Saturday this will have some serious progress!!!

So this is complete, along with the holes for the vinyl top trim..

As for lunch, that sounds good!! How about Thursday this week? I'll shoot you a PM  :cheers:

skip68

jb666

jb666

Ok, here are a couple of shots from today's work at the shop...

Rust cut out:

And a while later:

:cheers: :cheers:

captnsim