News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Yeah, it's kind of nice to see pics going in the other direction for a change.

jb666

Quote from: Ghoste on February 23, 2009, 08:41:59 PM
Yeah, it's kind of nice to see pics going in the other direction for a change.
Words well spoken!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

Quote from: captnsim on February 23, 2009, 08:39:34 PM
Looking good Jeff...  :2thumbs: Looks like quality work  :cheers:

Thanks! I know it's only the first step in the right direction for this phase of the project, but I figured this thread can start to head in a positive direction for a change (at least for the CAR!!)

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Stanleyart

Quote from: jb666 on February 23, 2009, 08:31:59 PM
And a while later:

>>You know Jeff, what's really more amazing to me is this.

For every unexpectedly bad thing that's been revealed about your car, you've had at your disposal THE guys who can fix every problem and make everthing right. To me this is a Godsend all it's own. Can you imagine owning this car but no bodyman around you willing to work on it? How many times have we begged a revered bodyguy or mechanic to work on our cars only to get "yeah, come back in 6 months". You go back in 6 months and he says, "come back in 6 more months". [/i]

The frustration of finding a competent bodyman is a real issue, and has been for many of us, but not for you. You got hooked up with some of the best auto-body craftsmen I've every seen! With ease you found these guys--am I wrong?

And the excellence of both of the companies working on your car makes it so easy for any viewer of this thread to believe it will look perfect in the end.

And so far it is becoming just that.

Rest easy,

-Steve
<<

As I was saying, Jeff...  :yesnod:

-Steve

autodynamics

are you going to leave the charger symbol in the roof pillar? great work stay on and don't loose focus.and don't add up the receipts until later

jb666

Quote from: autodynamics on February 24, 2009, 02:07:01 AM
are you going to leave the charger symbol in the roof pillar? great work stay on and don't loose focus.and don't add up the receipts until later

You know, I hadn't thought about it, but now that I'm searching and actually LOOKING, I see that most of the GL's don't have that emblem. Thanks for pointing that out!! I must have searched 100 GL (series) pictures and NONE of them had it!!  :cheers:

As for the slips.. I haven't added a thing up. Jon kept saying to me "Do you want to know where you are?" when I'd drop a payment off. I'd just say "NOPE! Tell me when I'm DONE!"  :lol:

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on February 23, 2009, 08:31:59 PM
Ok, here are a couple of shots from today's work at the shop...

Rust cut out:

And a while later:

:cheers: :cheers:

:yesnod: nice  work ... keep the pictures coming  Jeff  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Ok guys.. My next question..

Have you seen anyone that sells a replacement door hinge post?? You know the area on my car that was SO bad where the passenger's door bolts on? They'd like to replace that entire post/pillar, but I didn't know if anyone offered it.

I'm at work, so browsing AMD/ABS's website can be a bit challenging.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on February 24, 2009, 08:37:50 AM

Have you seen anyone that sells a replacement door hinge post?? You know the area on my car that was SO bad where the passenger's door bolts on? They'd like to replace that entire post/pillar, but I didn't know if anyone offered it.

You can get one used . the part will interchange from ANY 68-70 B-Body even 4 doors and wagons.

I may even have one!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 24, 2009, 08:51:06 AM
Quote from: jb666 on February 24, 2009, 08:37:50 AM

You can get one used . the part will interchange from ANY 68-70 B-Body even 4 doors and wagons.

I may even have one!

Thank you!!!  :cheers: :cheers:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

teamroth

Quote from: jb666 on February 24, 2009, 08:56:38 PM
Quote from: skip68 on February 24, 2009, 03:24:42 PM
Quote from: tan top on February 24, 2009, 08:33:41 AM
Quote from: jb666 on February 24, 2009, 08:19:22 AM
Oh you know I will  :2thumbs: :lol:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :yesnod:   can i see some blue paint there that BK blasted off :scratchchin:
That's what I see.  :yesnod:  I wonder where good old Thomas Schubert is right now ?   :shruggy:

My guess? Running for the border with the rest of his illegal work crew.  :cheers:

Why would he got to Taco Bell?  :cheers:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

You guys are going to laugh, BUT I JUST GOT THIS EMAIL FROM BK. Apparently they have me on a mass mail list  :lol: It must be their "news letter" or something. Read the complete and total BULL SHIT they are writing in this note. It's such a joke. I can only hope they are out of business before this "AutoRama" and I'd LOVE to know who these people are that are "taking delivery" of their new vehicles soon. Then again, maybe we WILL.

Subject: Project Completion 1974 Pontiac Trans Am 'The Republican' #0505-115
To: BKautomotive@sbcglobal.net
Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 3:04 PM

Hello, and thanks again for tuning in,

Since the last completion update we weathered a severe hurricane and several weeks without power which cost us the Braselton Bash we had planned, but we were up and running again in time for the World of Wheels AutoRama here in Houston, look for photos on the website as soon as I can get it updated, in the next week or two.

The focus of this update is one car that I am very proud of. What started as a routine 'fix'er up' restoration turned into a real one of a kind muscle car.

At 505 cubic inches with a custom block it puts out roughly 650HP/660lbft. The owner invested well into the six-figure mark to get everything just right, from the custom handpainted exterior, to the custom designed driveline and custom interior. the car has been delivered for a two month trial run before it returns for full maintenance service.

I cant say what all shows this car may end up at, but I do know you can expect to see it here in Houston at the 2009 World of Wheels AutoRama in its full glory in November. This car is a true testiment to what it really takes to build a complete custom in which each componant is specifically designed to work with the rest of the machine as a whole.

It is unique in nearly every aspect of its construction. Too many details to list here or online, but you can see the page detailing its construction here: http://www.bkauto.net/1974%20Trans%20Am.htm

We deeply thank Walter for his business and appreciation of our work, and look forward to working with him on future projects.

Waiting delivery in the wings is the latest A-Team van, the Knight Interceptor, built for a NJPD officer, the modernized 1961 Cadillac Limousine, a 1971 340 Cuda and a fully custom 1975 Lincoln 'Mach 5' so keep an eye out for more updates in the next month or so.

Thanks for the interest in our projects! Maybe one day we'll do one for you!

(Addresses are added to this mailing list by request for information on our products or services. To remove your address, simply reply with REMOVE in the subject.)

Black Knight Auto Design & Restoration LLC
www.bkauto.net
www.blackknightchoppers.net

:smilielol:

WingCharger

A "hand painted" exterior??? How else would you paint a "restored" vehicle? Maybe they mean "Hand Painted" as in with a brush. :D

They bondo'd a '71 Cuda too! Say it ain't so!! :puke: :errr: :smilie_help: :smilie_help:

You should call BK, acting as a interested customer with no idea about cars, wanting a General Lee, and ask about this thread. "What about that one General Lee you built..." :nana: :nana: :nutkick:

jb666

Quote from: WingCharger on February 25, 2009, 04:39:29 PM
A "hand painted" exterior??? How else would you paint a "restored" vehicle? Maybe they mean "Hand Painted" as in with a brush. :D

They bondo'd a '71 Cuda too! Say it ain't so!! :puke: :errr: :smilie_help: :smilie_help:

You should call BK, acting as a interested customer with no idea about cars, wanting a General Lee, and ask about this thread. "What about that one General Lee you built..." :nana: :nana: :nutkick:

Me? Nah, the scammer already knows my voice..... Please tell me someone on this forum is close enough and can go to this Auto-Rama in Houston this year!!!

MoparManJim

Boy Jeff, when I read that post, I don't know what to believe from them.  :shruggy:

jb666

WingCharger

Quote from: jb666 on February 25, 2009, 04:51:11 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on February 25, 2009, 04:49:18 PM
Boy Jeff, when I rad that post, I don't know what to belive from them.  :shruggy:

Believe NONE of it.. Thomas sure knows how to sling the shit around.. Just wear knee high boots and you'll make it through his post.
I recommend fishing waders. :D :D

Think they really have a car at the Auto-Rama, or is it just more to throw on the floor? :shruggy:

jb666

Quote from: WingCharger on February 25, 2009, 04:52:10 PM
Quote from: jb666 on February 25, 2009, 04:51:11 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on February 25, 2009, 04:49:18 PM
Boy Jeff, when I rad that post, I don't know what to belive from them.  :shruggy:

Believe NONE of it.. Thomas sure knows how to sling the shit around.. Just wear knee high boots and you'll make it through his post.
I recommend fishing waders. :D :D

Think they really have a car at the Auto-Rama, or is it just more to throw on the floor? :shruggy:

I don't know, but I'll hire a P.I. to find out!!!!! :lol:

skip68

So, the owner spent over $100,000 to have BK build that car ?   :rotz:   And the pictures of rust holes, what do you think BK did with those ?  I bet if the owner took the car to metal he would find bondo filling the holes and crappy welds just like on Jeff's car.   There are no nice cars in BK's yard right now.  Just junk and parts of cars.