News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on February 25, 2009, 09:31:33 PM
It's funny they mentioned jail.  :smilielol:  Does that sound funny to you Jeff ?  :smilielol: :rofl:

It's more IRONIC than it is funny.

jb666

I forgot to post these yesterday.. The owner of the shop doing my body/paint work has (obviously) always been a Mopar nut.. This was one of his babies..

This was my 69, 1 owner from Berkley Calif 383 hp loaded SE all orig never restored

I'll get some pictures of his other Mopars this weekend.. Some of them were absolutely amazing.. And that's not even including what he STILL owns  :o

skip68

:icon_smile_big:  I don't know anything Jeff.   :rofl:  Do you ?  ;)     Nice car. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on February 25, 2009, 09:34:47 PM
I forgot to post these yesterday.. The owner of the shop doing my body/paint work has (obviously) always been a Mopar nut.. This was one of his babies..

This was my 69, 1 owner from Berkley Calif 383 hp loaded SE all orig never restored

I'll get some pictures of his other Mopars this weekend.. Some of them were absolutely amazing.. And that's not even including what he STILL owns  :o

:coolgleamA: unrestored also ..awesome stuff :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

skip68

:o   I just noticed they said "COMPLETE RESTORATION" .   :rotz:   You can still see rust under the dash when they were doing the wiring.  :slap: :smilielol:   I want to find that guy and have him check his "complete restoration car" door for bondo.   :rotz: :flame:   An engine run stand where the engine is held in place by a cherry picker.  :o   WTF !

skip68

What's with gas tanks in trunks.  They seem to do this alot.  To me, for a street drivin car it seems dangerous and makes no sense at all.  Not to mention the cost.    :shruggy:   What a waste.   I would think there would be vapor issues.

dkn1997

Quote from: skip68 on February 26, 2009, 11:10:42 AM
:o   I just noticed they said "COMPLETE RESTORATION" .   :rotz:   You can still see rust under the dash when they were doing the wiring.  :slap: :smilielol:   I want to find that guy and have him check his "complete restoration car" door for bondo.   :rotz: :flame:   An engine run stand where the engine is held in place by a cherry picker.  :o   WTF !

speaking of that engine run stand.  Look where the "controls" are and look at the header collectors.  Maybe if you stand between the pipes you won't inhale any fumes or feel the heat  :shruggy:   note how the photo makes it look like the drivers header is pointing at the MSD box and the passenger one is pointing at the fuel filter

RECHRGED

jb666

Quote from: dkn1997 on February 26, 2009, 12:30:19 PM
Quote from: skip68 on February 26, 2009, 11:10:42 AM

speaking of that engine run stand.  Look where the "controls" are and look at the header collectors.  Maybe if you stand between the pipes you won't inhale any fumes or feel the heat  :shruggy:   note how the photo makes it look like the drivers header is pointing at the MSD box and the passenger one is pointing at the fuel filter

I just noticed that!! That's a riot!!  :lol: I wonder if there's a sticker on it that says "Use at your own risk. Chances of death or Carbon Monoxide Poisoning very strong".  :brickwall:

No wonder they could "feel the power" when it was being run there...

captnsim

Is that your car behind the stand Jeff??? Looks like your repaired front fender...  :yesnod:

skip68

Jeff, that's all BK is.   :yesnod:  Just a bunch of hacks.   You would think with all the money and high end builds they claim to do they would have state of the art equipment and shop.  Another thing, has anyone ever even seen a paint booth in any photos ?  :smilielol:  I did see a picture of several colors of paint on a wall.   I bet they just paint right in the shop.   :smilielol: 

captnsim

Didn't someone say they thought their was three cars involved with your build... I see three GL's in that pic...wonder if one has two passanger seats?????

The70RT

Quote from: captnsim on February 26, 2009, 12:53:39 PM
Is that your car behind the stand Jeff??? Looks like your repaired front fender...  :yesnod:

They are also using water in that engine as well..........no antifreeze  :slap: Oh I forgot it is always warm in Texas and everything is rust free........ ::)
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skip68

Stretch

I just read all 109 pages of this and all I can say is SHAMWOW! I can't even decide what shocks me the most.

I do know this for sure. There is no way in hell the guy that sold you that car had no clue about its condition. I don't care how mechanically ignorant you are there is no way he could have broke the positive pole off of the starter without being under the car. I can't be the only one here that has changed a hemi starter. You can't even see the thing from the top. HE KNEW!

Jb666 in the midst of all of this turmoil and disappointment you should hold your head up high and be proud of how you have dealt with this. You have admitted in front of the world that you were blinded by your dream (we have all been there). You have turned the bad into good and are going to eventually have one hell of a nice car. I never would have been able to deal with this with even an ounce of you composer.

Skip68 You are an animal. You have gone out of your way to help not just one stranger but every "car guy" in the world. Your resources seem to be endless and you and jb666 deserve some sort of reward for what you are doing. I would love to shake your hand and drink beer with both of you!

I also think it's outstanding that nether of you are in this for the money. You just want to stop BK from crushing anyone else's dreams. I feel any monetary compensation would be a bonus for you. That is probably good because I'm sure there is a long line of people that BK has hosed and I'm sure there isn't any ware near enough money to go around.

On a side note. I can't help but wonder if the Christine '58 fury that BK is surly butchering is the car that was pulled out of the time capsule in Oklahoma. LOL.

Just so you know I was linked here from moparnuts and many of us are watching your story.

Greetings and good luck to you from Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Stretch
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

WingCharger

Quote from: skip68 on February 26, 2009, 01:56:39 PM
I think the new game is where's Thomas Schubert ?  :smilielol: :rofl: 
t'om'as sh'u'ber't-A common rodent found in the southern United States. Recently, it has begun a migration to the south. :nana: :nana:

jb666

Quote from: Stretch on February 26, 2009, 03:40:34 PM
I just read all 109 pages of this and all I can say is SHAMWOW! I can't even decide what shocks me the most.

I do know this for sure. There is no way in hell the guy that sold you that car had no clue about its condition. I don't care how mechanically ignorant you are there is no way he could have broke the positive pole off of the starter without being under the car. I can't be the only one here that has changed a hemi starter. You can't even see the thing from the top. HE KNEW!

Jb666 in the midst of all of this turmoil and disappointment you should hold your head up high and be proud of how you have dealt with this. You have admitted in front of the world that you were blinded by your dream (we have all been there). You have turned the bad into good and are going to eventually have one hell of a nice car. I never would have been able to deal with this with even an ounce of you composer.

Skip68 You are an animal. You have gone out of your way to help not just one stranger but every "car guy" in the world. Your resources seem to be endless and you and jb666 deserve some sort of reward for what you are doing. I would love to shake your hand and drink beer with both of you!

I also think it's outstanding that nether of you are in this for the money. You just want to stop BK from crushing anyone else's dreams. I feel any monetary compensation would be a bonus for you. That is probably good because I'm sure there is a long line of people that BK has hosed and I'm sure there isn't any ware near enough money to go around.

On a side note. I can't help but wonder if the Christine '58 fury that BK is surly butchering is the car that was pulled out of the time capsule in Oklahoma. LOL.

Just so you know I was linked here from moparnuts and many of us are watching your story.

Greetings and good luck to you from Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

Stretch

Stretch -- You had me cracking up with the SHAMWOW crack!! My daughter says that to me every day!!

Anyways, thanks for the good words, I appreciate it. And thanks for the support (here and there). I know where MY faults are, and I'm certainly not blind to that, and I can promise you something like this will NEVER happen to me again.

As for Chuck, you are right, the guy has gone so far out of his way to help me, and this entire situation. It's actually quite amazing.

Thanks again!! :cheers:

Stretch

I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

skip68

:cheers:  Thank you and welcome to the site Stretch.   Jeff has done a great job of keeping his eye on the ball and not just giving up were others may.   I do play lots of jokes on him as I think it keeps him grounded and makes him laugh.   ;)   But, at the same time I have several wheels set in motion for good old BK.   This shop has taken away dreams, so I want to return the favor.   I don't want people to feel like they can't trust restoration shops as most ARE NOT like these guys.  This thread will open eyes and help people that may be in the same boat, or keep them from getting in the same boat.   When we are done I will post a thread that has all the links of agencies and steps I took to do what I'm doing so others can help themselves.   :2thumbs:    Chuck..........

skip68