News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS23 71

Someone point me to this toady and even though the auction has ended the 1st two things that came to my mind is:

1. either this is one of BK's finished projects
2. this car will be one of BK's next projects

:smilielol:

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Big Sugar

It still astound me, BK probably spends more time butchering things up and then trying to finish it off nicely than if they Just did it right in the first place.

I've been in Construction (Sheet Metal Worker) 27 years, and it amazes me how people spend more time and effort trying to take a shortcut, When all they needed to do was just do it the right way !

It's hard to find real Tradesmen these days.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

dkn1997

Quote from: Big Sugar on February 27, 2009, 05:44:19 PM
It still astound me, BK probably spends more time butchering things up and then trying to finish it off nicely than if they Just did it right in the first place.

I've been in Construction (Sheet Metal Worker) 27 years, and it amazes me how people spend more time and effort trying to take a shortcut, When all they needed to do was just do it the right way !

Ron

I think know why this happens.  1.  the "right way" usually requires planning and having the right parts, equipment
2. most don't know how to do it the right way.

the planning is huge.  it takes patience.  especially the first time, such as the first time you build a car.  you find out what 'would have' made the job easier and if you're smart, you build into the plan for next time.  this first time out usually requires that you take stuff apart that you already did because you see your errors.  

BK and many other hacks like to just use what they have and don't have the patience to take it apart and do it over again if it's wrong.
RECHRGED

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Big Sugar on February 27, 2009, 05:44:19 PM

Ron

That was definitely a mouthful!! And well said!

That is one of the worlds biggest problems today ! Everyone wants the most pay for the least work!

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Ok , here's a small example of what will be at my display this summer.. Above it will be a banner that reads "THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR $70K"

Rear quarter shots..

Nice and thick!!

And you will LOVE the roll bar. The welding on it is awesome...

dkn1997

RECHRGED

WingCharger

tan top

Quote from: jb666 on February 27, 2009, 06:21:38 PM
Quote from: dkn1997 on February 27, 2009, 06:18:20 PM
I think BK's media blasting company did work on this dude's porche:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5057856&page=0&vc=1&PHPSESSID=#Post5057856

Too funny!!! Nice post  :rofl:

:lol:  thats funny  :lol:
Quote from: jb666 on February 27, 2009, 06:09:18 PM
Ok , here's a small example of what will be at my display this summer.. Above it will be a banner that reads "THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR $70K"

Rear quarter shots..

Nice and thick!!

holy Hack job batman .... every time i look at this Jeff ... can't believe this stuff   , ...
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

autodynamics

i dont know if its been addressed but the butcher kings must of done more cars like this to have such expierence i would be curious to see what they did when they first started in business.... holy crap batman......there got to be more victims

skip68

Has there been any welds that BK did that are complete ?   It looks like all the welds I've seen , even on other cars they built, are a bunch of tack welds.  I saw a floor pan they did on another car and it was just tack welded and not sealed.  :rotz:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

General_01

That scrolling picture series with their tags is a great idea. Remember to have your camcorder with you so you can interview people after they look at that and your display of finely sculpted bondo. You can make a copy of it and mail it to your good buddy Thomas so he can hear what others think of their fabulous skills. Maybe he can show his prison mates what he's in for. :smilielol:

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

General_01

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

captnsim

skip68

jb666

You know, one thing I've forgotten here, over the weeks, is to give a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone here that's helped me..

Mike -- Without your grill pcs mine wouldn't look like new right now. Your knowledge of GL's is amazing! I'm glad you made the trip down.

Jason from Gunslinger - You've saved me a ton of $$ - THANKS for the great service!!!!!!!!!

1Hot68 - You are the man  :cheers:

Skip - Eh, you already know  :slap:

Steve -  :cheers: I know it's a PITA, but you've done a great job maintaining order!!

there are so many more, but I'm on my way out the door. The support and help I've received since the beginning of this nightmare has been incredible. My hat goes off to you guys  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

KS71owner

Quote from: jb666 on February 27, 2009, 06:09:18 PM

Rear quarter shots..

Nice and thick!!

A display for all this stuff is a great idea. May I suggest a digital slideshow of all the pics as well, either displayed in a digital picture frame or burned to a DVD and displayed on a nice big TV set.....or just a laptop. Last time my company did a trade show we did that, it was pretty easy to put together and quite effective.

bogus

Quote from: RS23 71 on February 27, 2009, 02:08:21 PM
Someone point me to this toady and even though the auction has ended the 1st two things that came to my mind is:

Does even BK have enough bondo to repair that thing? It's not a rust bucket... it IS rust.

And people tried to tell me these things don't rust. HA!
Gearhead extraordinaire. :)

captnsim

Quote from: bogus on February 28, 2009, 12:31:41 PM
Quote from: RS23 71 on February 27, 2009, 02:08:21 PM

Does even BK have enough bondo to repair that thing? It's not a rust bucket... it IS rust.

And people tried to tell me these things don't rust. HA!
Thats ready for paint in BK's book... Just needs a little smoothing...