News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAC95054

Wow!  What a saga this was.  I'm sorry to hear you got so burned, JB.  I feel for you man.  I've been there, and it stings (for a while).  I went the lawsuite route, and actually won, but it was only for satisfaction in the end, as the guy I got burned by fell off the radar and I collected nothing (he, however, has it on his creadit record, and it will hamper him for a while).  Anyhow, I'm glad to see you stuck with it this long, and have taken the stand against BK.  Of course, a big thank you to you for bringing it all to light for the rest of us to learn from.  :cheers:  Very nice progress on the car, considering what you had to start with.  I wouldn't have even thought it was possible to save the car, so cudos to your current body shop.  Hey, take in on tour, with a DVD palying of the work done, and get a kickback from them for advertising!  :P

One thing that has puzzled me from what I have read.  I managed to read the first 41 pages, then jumped to page 108 or so.  Did Brian (the guy you bought it from), ever come forward with more info, or offer to help in a lawsuite?  If not, I found that a little odd.  I don't know how well any of you on here know him, and forgive me if this is way off base, but my first thought was he was given some hush money by BK to be less than cooperative.  Otherwise, why wouldn't he want to help?? He would have nothing to lose it would seem, but everything to gain.  Just seems very odd to me.  Of course, I may have missed some other key details about this between pages 42 and 107!  

Can't wait to see the finished product, and I hope BK gets what they deserve in the end.
-Russ
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jb666 on March 06, 2009, 06:21:25 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on March 06, 2009, 06:19:21 PM
Quote from: jb666 on March 06, 2009, 06:07:16 PM
I say we do it American Idol style... Narrow it down to a select few.

BTW, car related, my (new) tail light panel arrived today!! That's THE LAST thing to be welded to my car, can you believe that? All other meal work is DONE!!

I'm heading there tomorrow morning.. prepare for some pictures!!!

I will be looking forward to them!!

It's funny, because the shop's mentioned a few times "This post was so nice, what did the rest of the car look like!!". Very clean part you sent me!!

I can't wait to see it either.. I'm glad this shop's not 3 minutes from my house/work because I'd be there twice a day!!

The car that part came from was a VERY clean 70 Coronet 4 door, Its been an organ doner for many cars.....The hood is now on a S-bird clone, the fenders and front bumper etc.and deck lid are on a 70 Bee, the main floor pan is in a 70 Charger R/T  The complete Drive train (slant 6) is in Pocket thunders 69 500, among other small parts on others ,and now your Charger got its rt door post!  :2thumbs:

So I say hats off to it!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TA70455

Quote from: 1hot68 on March 06, 2009, 06:19:21 PM
Quote from: jb666 on March 06, 2009, 06:07:16 PM
I say we do it American Idol style... Narrow it down to a select few.

BTW, car related, my (new) tail light panel arrived today!! That's THE LAST thing to be welded to my car, can you believe that? All other meal work is DONE!!

I'm heading there tomorrow morning.. prepare for some pictures!!!

I will be looking forward to them!!
OK, How about Clint Eastwood style? THE UNFORGIVEN!

WingCharger

Quote from: jb666 on March 06, 2009, 09:01:03 PM
Quote from: WingCharger on March 06, 2009, 09:00:35 PM
;) ;)

That'll be my tow vehicle. I wonder if BK built it?
Read the whole story here: http://mopartruckparts.com/gallery/g094.html
It is too high quality for Bk to have built. :D :D It has a cargo light...would that have burnt the load of hay in the back? :nana:

It was painted with...RUST-OLEUM!! :o

Stanleyart

And I told ya the guys were magicians that are working on my car!! Check it out today!!

My gosh! These guys built you a Transformer®! WOW! :o

jb666

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Ok, I'm back, and all I can say is WOW. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER with the progress.

I'm resizing & uploading some pictures...  :popcrn:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

It's better than good, it's AWESOME!!!! These guys are amazing. I know I've said it before, but I just can't believe what a group can get done in one work-week.. Hang on.. Still resizing.. I took a ton of shots.

skip68

:scratchchin:   It sounds like they tackled this car with a "VENGEANCE" huh?  :smilielol:  Sorry guys.   :rofl:   I'll shut up now.

jb666

Ok, I took this and had to make sure I left the name/# out of the picture, but here's their flat bed ramp truck. I thought it was pretty cool

IMAGE REMOVED. I forgot to remove the license plate.

jb666

All right.. First I want to say how shocked I was to walk in and see the new nose on the car. Some adjustments and fine tuning was necessary, but over all they said these (AMD) panels fit very nicely!! Hell, even OEM panels don't fit perfectly (when they were available), so they didn't expect direct "bolt on" parts. They will, of course, have to be skim coated (like everything else) to be made perfect before paint, and then obviously removed so everything can be jammed.. But here's how The General sat when I walked in the door  :o

They are fixing/replacing some of the front radiator support. BK BUTCHERED this thing when they were doing the car...

The lines are nice and the quality of the metal is excellent!! I was surprised to see that the hood came pre-cut for directionals. I wasn't going to do them, but now I am, so add those to my "need" list..

TO BE CONTINUED..........

jb666

Please enjoy this commercial interruption...

This car is a bone stock original Hurst Olds. VERY clean car. The guys finished/painted this car TEN YEARS AGO. It's been in storage since.. Under the hood and inside are just as clean!!

It's awaiting a few final details (pin stripes, trim, etc..) and then the interior will go in. Hopefully I get to see it around this summer.

Back to our regularly scheduled program.....

:sorry:

jb666

The new rear panel arrived, and is in place ready to be welded in..

Another GREAT quality pc from AMD... 75% of the outside of this car is now AMD metal!

The new post in, with the door hung.. It's obviously coming back off, but I wanted to get a shot before it was finished:

Here's what came out:

I'm VERY pleased with how both doors turned out. If you'll remember, the outer lips were still 100% there, but there were holes rotted through the front and back of the doors in each corner. That's been cut out and repaired...

This is the BEFORE shot, for those that didn't see:

This shot I love. The surrounding area(s) were cut out and replaced with new metal...

Before:

TO BE CONTINUED..........

jb666

And here are some shots of the car skim coated.. Soon it'll be blocked and smooth as glass.

Jon had done the dog legs..

But now...

These are great --- The trunk lid/edge of the rear quarter was so caked with mud (and bad patchwork) before that the lid hit on both sides. They had to alter this a bit to get the lines even. Still a long way to go but looking great!!

Remember this mess from 2 weeks ago when the car came back from the blaster??

And these... Remember this mess??

Well, all new metal:

And I'm sure you remember the rear window area from Hell...

Between Jon's work and the body shop it's now presentable!

I THINK that's it!! I'm still looking through my folder though.

One great thing that I couldn't capture in a picture are the doors. They open and close perfectly now. Both doors had their hinges rebuilt and they latch with ease. These require NO effort to close now. Sure, there's no weatherstripping, etc.. but even before, in this condition, it took some effort.

jb666

One thing I forgot... The decklid.. While it's fairly clean, it's quite obvious that this has had about 1,000 things dropped on it over the years. Hopefully one of these shots captures the amount of low spots/dents in this panel. It'll be the last time I see it this way, but it was funny (in person)

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............