News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

What's funny, is if I look back on these shots now it seems like a million years ago.. I'm not so sure if I knew then what I know now that I would have gone through it all  :lol:

And again, mad props to these guys for building one Hell of a car!!

skip68

WOW !  Looks great Jeff.  :drool5:    I wish my car would be that nice.  :rotz:  Can you have your guy's restore my car ?  P.S. I'll need some help with the bill Jeff.  :icon_smile_big: I'll just put it on your tab.   :2thumbs:    Now we are getting the "back to original body condition" that this car should be.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

tan top

:o  dang  them guys work fast :yesnod:   :scope:   they know what they are doing that's for sure  :coolgleamA:  you have only got to look  at  the way the bondo has rubbed down & fearthered out  :yesnod: ..... looks awesome  I'm pleased for you ...Jeff as what you have suffered with these idiots from BK  ...all systems go now  :yesnod:  doubt there is any more crappy BK work to be found !
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

jb666

Quote from: tan top on March 07, 2009, 04:16:51 PM
:o  dang  them guys work fast :yesnod:   :scope:   they know what they are doing that's for sure  :coolgleamA:  you have only got to look  at  the way the bondo has rubbed down & fearthered out  :yesnod: ..... looks awesome  I'm pleased for you ...Jeff as what you have suffered with these idiots from BK  ...all systems go now  :yesnod:  doubt there is any more crappy BK work to be found !

Thank you!! You have no idea how good it feels.

I crack up when I hear someone say "My car has NO Bondo on it anywhere!".  Anyone who knows anything knows that's BS. Every panel (new or old) has to be feathered out so it's perfectly smooth.

The greatest are those shows on TV where they "build" a car in 30 minutes. It goes from bare metal to primer to paint in 3 minutes flat, never showing the work that goes into the car in between stages.. The countless hours of feathering/blocking/sanding..

I take pride in knowing the INCHES of Bondo on my car are history never to return!!!!!!  :lol:

Quote from: 1hot68 on March 07, 2009, 03:11:44 PM
Progress!!   :notworthy:  :icon_smile_approve:

Yeah!!!! He I have a request.. PM sent.

KS71owner

Quote from: jb666 on March 07, 2009, 04:19:51 PM

I crack up when I hear someone say "My car has NO Bondo on it anywhere!".  Anyone who knows anything knows that's BS. Every panel (new or old) has to be feathered out so it's perfectly smooth.

The greatest are those shows on TV where they "build" a car in 30 minutes. It goes from bare metal to primer to paint in 3 minutes flat, never showing the work that goes into the car in between stages.. The countless hours of feathering/blocking/sanding..

I take pride in knowing the INCHES of Bondo on my car are history never to return!!!!!!  :lol:

I'd be surprised if those TV shows go to that much trouble. TV hides a lot of flaws, the same way photos can. There's only so much that can be done in a week, even with a team of "experts" going full bore the whole time.

JB666, the guys you found to bring this Lee back from the brink are first rate craftsmen. Not only are they VERY good, they  are quick. A rare thing in this hobby. That they also care so much about the work they do speaks volumes about how they treat their customers.

jb666

Quote from: KS71owner on March 07, 2009, 04:28:04 PM
Quote from: jb666 on March 07, 2009, 04:19:51 PM

I'd be surprised if those TV shows go to that much trouble. TV hides a lot of flaws, the same way photos can. There's only so much that can be done in a week, even with a team of "experts" going full bore the whole time.

Do you mean the TV cars, or mine?

KS71owner

Sorry, I meant the TV cars of course. They treatment yours is getting is obviously first-rate.

jb666

Quote from: KS71owner on March 07, 2009, 04:31:13 PM
Sorry, I meant the TV cars of course. They treatment yours is getting is obviously first-rate.

I've always felt that way about "TV restorations". Much like BK Auto's "restoration pages" they show you what they want you to see and hide the rest.

:cheers:

TA70455

[
I crack up when I hear someone say "My car has NO Bondo on it anywhere!". 

KS71owner

Quote from: jb666 on March 07, 2009, 04:32:18 PM
Quote from: KS71owner on March 07, 2009, 04:31:13 PM

I've always felt that way about "TV restorations". Much like BK Auto's "restoration pages" they show you what they want you to see and hide the rest.

:cheers:

Yeah, I know what you mean. Your car is a great example of how much can be done well in a relatively short period of time. Bringing a complete wreck in and turning it into a showpiece in 5 days is simply not possible to do with this kind of quality IMO.

bull

Boy oh boy. What a major CF.

I only had the patience to read through the first 15 pages and then I skimmed through from that up to 22 before my eyes started going buggy.

One quick observation I have aimed at BK; why didn't you just say no? Instead of doing $20k worth of crappy, half-assed patchwork and scooting it out the door why didn't you just tell Brian you couldn't do what he was asking you to do for the money he was willing to pay? The word "no" can get you out of so many potential quagmires it's not even funny.

Another thing; I'll keep looking later but if someone knows the answer to this can you just drop me a quick answer to this question. Did Sickdawg ever chime in this thread?

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

TA70455

Hey I don't know what happened but half of my post was not added, it was supposed to be a joke, but I guess the joke was on me

MoparManJim

Quote from: bull on March 07, 2009, 05:07:55 PM

Another thing; I'll keep looking later but if someone knows the answer to this can you just drop me a quick answer to this question. Did Sickdawg ever chime in this thread?

No.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

70-500-SE-EXPORT

I've been following this thread since it started. Im commenting for the first time. I think its incredible you are restoring that car after you were ripped off. I thank you for taking the time to take pictures and post them and update us on the progress. I was also the victim of a general lee scam I bought off ebay from a guy in Troutman NC. It was a junkyard heap that had 150 lb sof fiberglass and bondo. I found out the roof was bondo under flag because 10 lb chunk of bondo fell out of headliner and hit me in head when I drove it home from transport station. It was advertised as perfectly running and driving car. It actually had ONE lugnut holding the wheels on. He also stole parts off it after he took pictures for ebay. I needed a new carb and remote gas tank to drive it home. It had 1/2 turn play in steering wheel and basically no brakes. It turned out to have 1" of bondo on both sides of the car. The quarters, roof, decklid, fenders, hood, doors, dutchman panel , and rear valence were basically created by 25% rust 25% steel and 50% bondo/fiberglass. It had about 5 gallons of bondo. No part of the car was salvageable. He put a piece of steel over the rust hole called a floor and bolted the seat to that and covered the rusted out floors with road tar then a new carpet.
It was 2006 when I bought it for 14,000. I was 20 years old. I spend ALL my money and borrowed some.. I also was just finishing chemo because I have cancer in thyroid that spread to liver, and back. I was in hospital for almost 2 years before I bought car. So for 3 years I have now spent another $10,000 and slowly fixing the hacked up general lee from hell. It has caused me more stress than my cancer and back pain. I still need to have it painted and another $6k in parts to complete car. I dont know if I can ever get the car done. Im doing the metal work myself with my fathers help. The guy who sold me the car is a scum bag to take advantage of someone like that. This guy must feel like a real man because he took away my dream of having a general lee. I wanted to sue him but I have so many medical problems at the time I could not deal with suing someone. I tons of pictures to show the rusted out bondo bucket painted orange with decals. If I get time I will post them.
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

jb666

Quote from: 70-500-SE-EXPORT on March 07, 2009, 06:28:29 PM
I've been following this thread since it started. Im commenting for the first time. I think its incredible you are restoring that car after you were ripped off. I thank you for taking the time to take pictures and post them and update us on the progress. I was also the victim of a general lee scam I bought off ebay from a guy in Troutman NC. It was a junkyard heap that had 150 lb sof fiberglass and bondo. I found out the roof was bondo under flag because 10 lb chunk of bondo fell out of headliner and hit me in head when I drove it home from transport station. It was advertised as perfectly running and driving car. It actually had ONE lugnut holding the wheels on. He also stole parts off it after he took pictures for ebay. I needed a new carb and remote gas tank to drive it home. It had 1/2 turn play in steering wheel and basically no brakes. It turned out to have 1" of bondo on both sides of the car. The quarters, roof, decklid, fenders, hood, doors, dutchman panel , and rear valence were basically created by 25% rust 25% steel and 50% bondo/fiberglass. It had about 5 gallons of bondo. No part of the car was salvageable. He put a piece of steel over the rust hole called a floor and bolted the seat to that and covered the rusted out floors with road tar then a new carpet.
It was 2006 when I bought it for 14,000. I was 20 years old. I spend ALL my money and borrowed some.. I also was just finishing chemo because I have cancer in thyroid that spread to liver, and back. I was in hospital for almost 2 years before I bought car. So for 3 years I have now spent another $10,000 and slowly fixing the hacked up general lee from hell. It has caused me more stress than my cancer and back pain. I still need to have it painted and another $6k in parts to complete car. I dont know if I can ever get the car done. Im doing the metal work myself with my fathers help. The guy who sold me the car is a scum bag to take advantage of someone like that. This guy must feel like a real man because he took away my dream of having a general lee. I wanted to sue him but I have so many medical problems at the time I could not deal with suing someone. I tons of pictures to show the rusted out bondo bucket painted orange with decals. If I get time I will post them.

WOW... I am sorry to hear of your experience. It sounds (if this is possible) worse than mine. I'm also sorry that your health is causing you such (added) problems. I hope you will recover and have a long, healthy and prosperous life.

Who was the guy you bought yours from? Are you in the US?

Thanks for your comments and your support.  :cheers:

WingCharger

Quote from: jb666 on March 07, 2009, 06:32:38 PM
Quote from: 70-500-SE-EXPORT on March 07, 2009, 06:28:29 PM

WOW... I am sorry to hear of your experience. It sounds (if this is possible) worse than mine. I'm also sorry that your health is causing you such (added) problems. I hope you will recover and have a long, healthy and prosperous life.

Who was the guy you bought yours from? Are you in the US?

Thanks for your comments and your support.  :cheers:
Lets kill two scam artists with one lawsuit. :D :D :D :D
That guy would get a good "friendly encounter" with a baseball bat behind a bar if that happened to a few people I know. :scratchchin:

Marsh

Wow Jeff, it is starting to look like a car again.  When are they est. it to be finished?

jb666

Quote from: Marsh on March 07, 2009, 09:45:36 PM
Wow Jeff, it is starting to look like a car again.  When are they est. it to be finished?

I'm not pushing them..  I'm assuming we're still on track for Spring.  They are kicking some serious butt on the car. They've only had it for a few weeks (including the week they lost at the sand-blaster's) and have transformed the car into something respectable!!

And of course, you know me, there will be a few custom "changes" made to the car.. Nothing that'll make people say "Oh God, WHY?!?!?" (except those that hate GL's), but it'll stand out as MINE...

WingCharger

Quote from: jb666 on March 07, 2009, 09:48:28 PM
And of course, you know me, there will be a few custom "changes" made to the car..
What might these include? :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink:

jb666

Quote from: WingCharger on March 07, 2009, 09:49:09 PM
Quote from: jb666 on March 07, 2009, 09:48:28 PM
And of course, you know me, there will be a few custom "changes" made to the car..
What might these include? :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink:

Well now you know I can't give all the good stuff away!! (Now I sound like Chuck!!).  I'll post it as it's happening, don't you worry  :icon_smile_big: (It's like the big cliff-hanger season finale, gotta keep you coming back!!)