News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

captnsim

Holy cow Jeff...  :o Your car is starting to look like...a car!!!!  :yesnod:

Cozmo

Wow, they've made a lot of progress and the car. You have done an excellent job photographing and documenting it.  :2thumbs:

captnsim

Jeff...why don't you name each side of the car? Like people do with their names on the door. In small lettering in a inconspicuous spot that is seen. An example is Vengeance on one side and retribution on the other...  :shruggy:

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on March 07, 2009, 11:57:43 PM
Holy cow Jeff...  :o Your car is starting to look like...a car!!!!  :yesnod:

Indeed it is!! You saw it when I THOUGHT the surprises were over, but the best was yet to come...

Quote from: Cozmo on March 08, 2009, 12:28:31 AM
Wow, they've made a lot of progress and the car. You have done an excellent job photographing and documenting it.  :2thumbs:

Thanks! You know me, I did the same thing when my Vette was being done, but I didn't post them.. This is being done for two reasons:

1. To show the work of the two shops doing my car

2. To show the world what BK Auto charged $70k+++ for

So far, so good!!

Quote from: captnsim on March 08, 2009, 02:18:04 AM
Jeff...why don't you name each side of the car? Like people do with their names on the door. In small lettering in a inconspicuous spot that is seen. An example is Vengeance on one side and retribution on the other...  :shruggy:

:lol: Good idea, but the only thing I'm trying to find a place to sneak onto my car for a badge is the little HEMI emblem.

skip68

You can put my name on the door if you want to Jeff.  :drool5:   I can't wait for paint.   I am so glad you came forward with this car.   It was meant to be.  :2thumbs: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on March 08, 2009, 07:23:13 PM
You can put my name on the door if you want to Jeff.  :drool5:   I can't wait for paint.   I am so glad you came forward with this car.   It was meant to be.  :2thumbs:   Tomorrow will be a day full of emails and phone calls.  It will be a very busy day for me and I hope to be able to let some info out.   I hope to be done with the first wave against BK before the car is done.    :naughty:

Excellent!!

Your name will be on my door!!  :cheers: :cheers: It might be in Orange, so it'll be a bit hard to see  :icon_smile_big:

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

skip68

General_01

Quote from: skip68 on March 08, 2009, 10:04:06 PM
:scratchchin:   You know Jeff, I was just thinking.   :o   If Thomas Schubert was willing to pay you $4k to go away,  What do you think all this dirt I have on Thomas is worth ?   :smilielol: :scratchchin:   

Why would he pay you for dirt Chuck? He has all kinds of dirt on the floor of his restoration shop. It's even in the paint area. :shruggy:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69DodgeCharger

Isn't a name on a car kind of the same as getting a tattoo of a girlfriend/womans name? Not really a good idea? You know, you think it's cool everybody else is asking themselves WTF?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

BlueSS454

On a bodywork related note here to you Jeff....  I am sure the shop will take this into consideration but I just want to throw it out there for you,....before the car is painted, have them set the rear window glass in and set the reveal molding in to make sure everything fits there ok.  This is a common overlooked aspect of doing bodywork of this magnitude.  Once again, I'm sure the shop the car is at now has already taken this into consideration, just another thing to be weary of.  I'd hate to see the car go this far then run into that issue after it's been painted :2thumbs:.
Tom Rightler

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BlueSS454 on March 08, 2009, 11:26:53 PM
On a bodywork related note here to you Jeff....  I am sure the shop will take this into consideration but I just want to throw it out there for you,....before the car is painted, have them set the rear window glass in and set the reveal molding in to make sure everything fits there ok.  This is a common overlooked aspect of doing bodywork of this magnitude.  Once again, I'm sure the shop the car is at now has already taken this into consideration, just another thing to be weary of.  I'd hate to see the car go this far then run into that issue after it's been painted :2thumbs:.

This is VERY good and valueable advice........It will make the end result not only better but easier too.!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jb666

Quote from: 1hot68 on March 09, 2009, 07:48:11 AM

This is VERY good and valueable advice........It will make the end result not only better but easier too.!

ABSOLUTELY it is. I don't have to tell the shop, you just did (they read this thread)  :icon_smile_big:

I have a brand new rear window showing up at their shop in the next week or so anyways, so that won't be a problem, but thanks for looking out, I appreciate it!  :cheers:

dkn1997

were you watching musclecar this weekend too?  They put the rear window trim on and used it to put some metal fillter on the roof of the impala redsled project  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
RECHRGED

jb666

Quote from: dkn1997 on March 09, 2009, 03:25:40 PM

were you watching musclecar this weekend too?  They put the rear window trim on and used it to put some metal fillter on the roof of the impala redsled project  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

:lol: I normally never miss that either, but I did yesterday.

teamroth

Quote from: skip68 on March 07, 2009, 02:21:49 PM
:scratchchin:   It sounds like they tackled this car with a "VENGEANCE" huh?  :smilielol:  Sorry guys.   :rofl:   I'll shut up now.

It sounds more like the car has been RESURRECTED....lol Chuck, I'm flying in Wednesday evening.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Today I got a tall package in via USPS and I wanted to give a huge shout out to Wingnut426 on the forum.. The moldings he sent me were triple wrapped in bubble wrap, packaged in 10" of styrofoam peanuts and inside of a box that was inside of the box  :o , These things could have fallen out of a plane and not been damaged.

Anyways, these things are cherry, THANK YOU!!!

I also asked for enough OEM bolts to assemble a front end. Not only did he label the bolts and put them in different baggies, but they were already Orange  :lol:

Thanks, Pete, for helping make the finishing touches easy  :cheers: :cheers:

skip68

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on March 09, 2009, 05:05:13 PM
:cheers: :2thumbs:  Right on !  Another stand up member. 

It's about all I've seen here, so far!! This place is unlike any other!!  :cheers: :cheers:

BlueSS454

Quote from: dkn1997 on March 09, 2009, 03:25:40 PM

I missed it, but just from my own experience.  I learned this lesson the hard way on my General.  Neither of my Chevelles had rear glass corners as bad as the Charger and I made the mistake of not fitting the glass in there.  I made it work, but it was no joy to do so.
Tom Rightler

skip68

I was just thinking, is Jon going to weld the push bar back on or are you guys going to make it a bolt on deal ? 

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on March 10, 2009, 01:21:12 AM
I was just thinking, is Jon going to weld the push bar back on or are you guys going to make it a bolt on deal ? 

Actually, BOTH. We talked about this last week. He's going to weld "arms" to the frame rail and make it so that the bar bolts right to them for easy removal. We got to talking, and he said "If you ever needed to take your grill off again you'd be screwed!!". I'm hoping I never do, again, but who knows!!