News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sugar

Hey Jeff

I agree,with  with the off topic posts it's tough to remember the story. Have you tried looking for a quarter extension over at PG classics or posting in the wanted section of Moparts ?

I'll keep an eye open for you.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

runningman

Quote from: jb666 on March 18, 2009, 07:39:05 AM
Quote from: Big Sugar on March 17, 2009, 09:18:41 PM
We're starting to fade here, Two posts in 1 day.....Jeff where are you ?

Throw us a pic

Ron

Hi Ron -- I apologize for the lack of posting, but I'm trying to keep the topic on subject. I was guilty of posting a lot of un-related crap and was clogging up my own story. For this to go 130 pages is ridiculous (in more than one way).

As for updates, I got a call from the shop last night. The entire car is now roughed out. Any remaining Orange you saw last is now history.

I can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding a passenger's rear quarter end trim cap though.  I've been steered towards (2), so far, and both were broken. MINE'S broken, that's why I'm trying to replace it.. of all parts I figured this one would be the easiest.

Anyways, I won't have pictures until Saturday. The shop owner (who sends me the pictures) is away for two weeks.  As the nice weather comes closer, I'm getting more and more anxious to see this car finished. It's going to be amazing when it's done.

:cheers:

I can't get the pics on posts here at work but are you referring to the trim piece that bolts to the back of the qtr? If so I thought someone was making these.......AMD??

dstryr

I think this is what you need?? B/E&A has them,

http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=b&cat=e

This link takes you to the Exterior parts page.  Click 'Next' 8 pages forward for the caps.

dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

runningman

jb666

Quote from: dstryr on March 18, 2009, 01:52:00 PM

This link takes you to the Exterior parts page.  Click 'Next' 8 pages forward for the caps.

EXCELLENT, thank you!!! I was told by two vendors that these weren't available, so I'm glad to see they are!!!!!!!!!!

jb666

autodynamics

d/ur/t

Quote from: jb666 on March 18, 2009, 06:01:24 PM
Quote from: runningman on March 18, 2009, 04:53:52 PM
Here they are

http://cgi.ebay.com/68-69-70-NEW-Mopar-Charger-Quarter-Panel-End-Caps_W0QQitemZ120391843387QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item120391843387&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Good price, thank you!!

I've been holding off on hitting the BUY IT NOW because I only "need" the passenger's side.. So I was hoping one would come up off a donor vehicle (used).

If I don't hear anything by the weekend I'll order one.

:cheers: :cheers:

Just be thankful that you don't have to add 38% to everything you have to buy from the US.Aussie dollars 63/66 but on the way up.

Nice work on the car Jeff.
cheers

runningman

Here they are

http://cgi.ebay.com/68-69-70-NEW-Mopar-Charger-Quarter-Panel-End-Caps_W0QQitemZ120391843387QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item120391843387&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Good price, thank you!!

I've been holding off on hitting the BUY IT NOW because I only "need" the passenger's side.. So I was hoping one would come up off a donor vehicle (used).

Maybe someone on here needs a driver side?  :scratchchin:  If not I am sure you can get some decent $$ by selling the extra on ebay.

Charger-Bodie

Here they are

Good price, thank you!!

Jeff,

By the looks of the pics a few pages back, Your left 1/4 extention is missing its little "tail" on the bottom anyway?!?......Just get em both! I sure would. If it is infact missing,anyway.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

AKcharger

what was this post about anyway...someone is redoing a general Lee  :shruggy:

The70RT

Quote from: AKcharger on March 19, 2009, 10:11:18 AM

Yes and no.............I guess you didn't read any of the thread  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

Skip68 is Coy from the DOH TV show and jb666 is Vance.  they have gotten together to do a reunion and they are working on this car together but remotely because Coy is currently working at the gopher ranch in Nevada.   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dstryr

If the Reunion Tour brings them through Nebraska I'd like to get a couple of autographs. :2thumbs:
dstryr, since 1986.

Bill of Rights
Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Not available in all states. Some restrictions apply.

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on March 19, 2009, 12:40:31 PM

Skip68 is Coy from the DOH TV show and jb666 is Vance.  they have gotten together to do a reunion and they are working on this car together but remotely because Coy is currently working at the gopher ranch in Nevada.   :yesnod:
NO NO NO     NO NEW DUKES          NO NEW DUKES
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

MoparManJim

Quote from: moparstuart on March 19, 2009, 01:42:21 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on March 19, 2009, 12:40:31 PM

NO NO NO     NO NEW DUKES          NO NEW DUKES

YEA YEA YEA        YEA NEW DUKES     YEA New DUKES  :yesnod: 

Sorry I had to say that  :smilielol:

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

Quote from: dstryr on March 18, 2009, 01:52:00 PM

Hey, thanks for the link, Mike at BEA is a great guy!! What a business, too! I had no idea so many parts were being made by these guys!!  :cheers: :cheers:

The end caps are on their way! Someone else pointed out to me that it looks like the lower 1" of my current caps are BOTH trimmed, and he was right.. No need to replace just one, I'm going new  :cheers: :cheers:

And, just talked to the shop and made plans for Saturday morning.. I guess things are coming along nicely, so I'll have some more pictures coming  :popcrn:

jb666

I was just looking through some pictures, and it still shocks me how straight BK managed to make a car that was completely formed from Bondo  :shruggy:

Oh well, just obsessing while passing the time.

scatpack69

skip68

If you rub something long enough it will get smooth.  :icon_smile_big:   Jeff, did you get my pm ?
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

71ChallengeHer

teamroth

Quote from: jb666 on March 19, 2009, 07:41:13 PM
I was just looking through some pictures, and it still shocks me how straight BK managed to make a car that was completely formed from Bondo  :shruggy:

You know, the hours they must have spent sanding that bondo, jeez! Half of that done the right way would have made a halfway decent car.

Problem is I'm sure they aren't capable.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

General_01

Quote from: teamroth on March 19, 2009, 08:57:09 PM
Quote from: jb666 on March 19, 2009, 07:41:13 PM

You know, the hours they must have spent sanding that bondo, jeez! Half of that done the right way would have made a halfway decent car.

Problem is I'm sure they aren't capable.

That is an understatement. Every weld they did do was a tack job. I have no idea how anybody at BK would manage to put a decent weld along the new quarter panel.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed