News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking to buy a General Lee? STAY AWAY FROM BK AUTO!! It's almost over!!!

Started by jb666, November 15, 2008, 12:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Ok, well first (and I'm not taking anything away from AutoRust by posting these first, they were easier and smaller to bring into my light box  :lol: )

Here are my new rear quarter trim caps.. Check out what's ON the car. I never knew (until someone here told me) that mine were missing the lower section.. That's no lie  :smilielol: Just ANOTHER HACKED CREATION from BK Auto!!

And here's what they SHOULD look like!!

jb666

Ok, and here are the torque boxes... First let me say that there was more shredded paper inside this box than the average family of mice will ever see  :lol:

TA70455

Hey NICE parts, now if you can only find someone to weld them in. LOL

Big Sugar

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

mikepmcs

I'm sure the boys there or Jon can handle that.  Speaking of welds, those are some nice ones going on right there.  Stack a dimes baby, stack a dimes!
:2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: TA70455 on March 25, 2009, 06:17:13 PM

Well I sure won't have the clown that did any weld work on THIS car do it for me....

Quote from: Big Sugar on March 25, 2009, 07:18:17 PM
Nice Work huh !

Ron

Yessir!

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 25, 2009, 07:18:45 PM
I'm sure the boys there or Jon can handle that.  Speaking of welds, those are some nice ones going on right there.  Stack a dimes baby, stack a dimes!
:2thumbs:

After the amount of time Jon has in on this car, he's asked me to officially call him COOTER from now on.  :cheers:

70-500-SE-EXPORT

Auto rust technicians boxes are junk just like their frame caps and frame connectors. Send them back before you wield them. I bought them and I know. I half way wielded them and decided they were poorly designed and fit horrible. The gauge metal is twice as thick as OEM and wielding them to thinner gauge frame and rockers is not easy. They are also not made right and need to be trimmed, hacked, and bent to meet the floor, frame, and rocker . The brake line hole needs to be enlarged I  believe. This was a year ago I tried them, maybe they improved them since then. So I bought the resto rick ones and they are identical to original hemi torque boxes. I cant beleive the quality of them. They are a 100% perfect fit. Correct gauge and bends. Most importantly they just fit right in place and didn't need to be modified. http://www.restorick.com/
68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

TA70455

Quote from: jb666 on March 25, 2009, 07:40:42 PM
Quote from: TA70455 on March 25, 2009, 06:17:13 PM

Well I sure won't have the clown that did any weld work on THIS car do it for me....

And to think this car started as a 70 Charger?????

jb666

I talked to the shop tonight for a little while, and so far this week there's been some decent progress made!!

Plus, to my surprise, he just finished putting some color out on a pc of metal.. We're tossing a couple of ideas back and forth, so Saturday's visit should be pretty interesting.. I'm just not going near his toilet this time.

TA70455

Quote from: jb666 on March 25, 2009, 08:33:18 PM
I talked to the shop tonight for a little while, and so far this week there's been some decent progress made!!

Plus, to my surprise, he just finished putting some color out on a pc of metal.. We're tossing a couple of ideas back and forth, so Saturday's visit should be pretty interesting.. I'm just not going near his toilet this time.

Why are you tire of those swirly's?? :nana:

Big Sugar

Quote from: 70-500-SE-EXPORT on March 25, 2009, 08:01:09 PM
Auto rust technicians boxes are junk just like their frame caps and frame connectors. Send them back before you wield them. I bought them and I know. I half way wielded them and decided they were poorly designed and fit horrible. The gauge metal is twice as thick as OEM and wielding them to thinner gauge frame and rockers is not easy. They are also not made right and need to be trimmed, hacked, and bent to meet the floor, frame, and rocker . The brake line hole needs to be enlarged I  believe. This was a year ago I tried them, maybe they improved them since then. So I bought the resto rick ones and they are identical to original hemi torque boxes. I cant beleive the quality of them. They are a 100% perfect fit. Correct gauge and bends. Most importantly they just fit right in place and didn't need to be modified. http://www.restorick.com/

Hey Bud..

Relax, Did you consider contacting Auto Rust and possibly discussing your concerns there ? as opposed to venting your frustrations here ?  I'm sure Auto Rust would have worked with you to help resolve  some of the fitment issues.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

70-500-SE-EXPORT

Quote from: Big Sugar on March 25, 2009, 08:43:15 PM

Hey Bud..

Relax, Did you consider contacting Auto Rust and possibly discussing your concerns there ? as opposed to venting your frustrations here ?  I'm sure Auto Rust would have worked with you to help resolve  some of the fitment issues.

Ron
I bought a 70 satellite 2 years ago that their "technicians" installed new quarters and trunk. They made the trunk floor with FLAT sheet metal and it was installed over rust in some places. The b body trunks are available so I have no idea why they did this. They slathered it with thick black paint with a paint roller so its hard to see what they did. The quarters they did had NO plug welds on the outer wheelhouse. They were wielded from the backside directly to the wheelhouse by blobs of wield, not to the quarter wheel lip where they are supposed to be plug wielded. There was 7/16 bondo over top of quarter and then more black paint with a roller. The rear crossmember was cut off and a new one was installed using BOLTS not wields! I had to cut the entire back of the car off and start from scratch. If they did not ever touch the car than it would have been much easier for me to restore it. Drilling spot welds is easier than finding and cutting wields under paint. Undoing their work took me 4 months. So I have a bone to pick with them.

I gave them a second chance after and bought that car and bought their boxes and they are more for a race car and not a restoration. Factory stamped them and they have special contours and bends and must be correct gauge so they can be easily bent if needed to make them fit snug against frame for wielding. His are flat and laser cut, not stamped like OE and the thickness is twice what it should be. So Tweaking and bending them to fit is extremely hard. There was 1/2 inch gaps on all the places it was supposed to be right up aginst apron, inner rocker and floor. I know he's going to say my frame is rusted and sagging and I have no idea what Im doing so I didn't bother calling them. My charger has never been hit or had any frame repairs or needed any. I threw them out and bought resto ricks and there is a reason they are twice the price. They fit perfect and worked great with US car tool frame connectors. Those needed trimming also, but not that much. The ones autorust sells are just square tubing they cut to length.

AutoRust

QuoteI've been following this thread since it started. Im commenting for the first time. I think its incredible you are restoring that car after you were ripped off. I thank you for taking the time to take pictures and post them and update us on the progress. I was also the victim of a general lee scam I bought off ebay from a guy in Troutman NC. It was a junkyard heap that had 150 lb sof fiberglass and bondo. I found out the roof was bondo under flag because 10 lb chunk of bondo fell out of headliner and hit me in head when I drove it home from transport station. It was advertised as perfectly running and driving car. It actually had ONE lugnut holding the wheels on. He also stole parts off it after he took pictures for ebay. I needed a new carb and remote gas tank to drive it home. It had 1/2 turn play in steering wheel and basically no brakes. It turned out to have 1" of bondo on both sides of the car. The quarters, roof, decklid, fenders, hood, doors, dutchman panel , and rear valence were basically created by 25% rust 25% steel and 50% bondo/fiberglass. It had about 5 gallons of bondo. No part of the car was salvageable. He put a piece of steel over the rust hole called a floor and bolted the seat to that and covered the rusted out floors with road tar then a new carpet.
It was 2006 when I bought it for 14,000. I was 20 years old. I spend ALL my money and borrowed some.. I also was just finishing chemo because I have cancer in thyroid that spread to liver, and back. I was in hospital for almost 2 years before I bought car. So for 3 years I have now spent another $10,000 and slowly fixing the hacked up general lee from hell. It has caused me more stress than my cancer and back pain. I still need to have it painted and another $6k in parts to complete car. I dont know if I can ever get the car done. Im doing the metal work myself with my fathers help. The guy who sold me the car is a scum bag to take advantage of someone like that. This guy must feel like a real man because he took away my dream of having a general lee. I wanted to sue him but I have so many medical problems at the time I could not deal with suing someone. I tons of pictures to show the rusted out bondo bucket painted orange with decals. If I get time I will post them.

Either your full off sh*t there, or your full of it here? Which is it?
Did you buy this satellite the same time you bought the General Lee?

Quote21     Discussion Boards / Charger Discussion / Re: Ripped off on ebay by guy in Mass    on: January 14, 2009, 10:05:12 PM
Please, I don't anyone to start s*it with this guy. Please do not bust his balls and email him. I don't want any more problems with this guy. Im over it now, it was 2 1/2 months ago. I learned a lesson, and so did he. What happened, is I sent my son to his pit where he works, (a firestone tire shop) he was supposed to meet him at his house, he called him on the way and told him to throw the mapquest directions out the window and meet him in another town he had no directions to, he got lost for 2 hours and finally got to the biggest slum ever, Brockton, Ma. My son picked it up and did not know the severity of the damage. When he got home 7 hours later I seen the damage I was very upset. It took a entire day for him to drive there and back and the drive was horrible. I did not want to take a day off work to drive back there to try to get $$ back from this sleezeball. He had my cash and he was not giving it back for that rusted broken mess he sold me. I don't know how this clown sleeps at night, he actually thought the buyer of the grille was not going to see the damage? idiot..

The point is be careful what you buy on ebay. Look VERY close at pictures and see if seller is taking pics of item of areas that are in nice shape and not showing damaged areas.

So in 1 post your 23 years old, the next post you have a son that drives. WOW.

Now, should we get into your 69 SE/RT Charger with the "rare" option?

You should think before you post.

No need to hijack a thread like this. You want to start a new post, go ahead, but I suspect most savy Mopar guys on here will call out the bullsh*t as it is, all bullsh*t.

:cheers:

Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

AutoRust

QuoteI bought a 70 satellite 2 years ago that their "technicians" installed new quarters and trunk. They made the trunk floor with FLAT sheet metal and it was installed over rust in some places. The b body trunks are available so I have no idea why they did this. They slathered it with thick black paint with a paint roller so its hard to see what they did. The quarters they did had NO plug welds on the outer wheelhouse. They were wielded from the backside directly to the wheelhouse by blobs of wield, not to the quarter wheel lip where they are supposed to be plug wielded. There was 7/16 bondo over top of quarter and then more black paint with a roller. The rear crossmember was cut off and a new one was installed using BOLTS not wields! I had to cut the entire back of the car off and start from scratch. If they did not ever touch the car than it would have been much easier for me to restore it. Drilling spot welds is easier than finding and cutting wields under paint. Undoing their work took me 4 months. So I have a bone to pick with them.

Just to get something straight here, then I am done with you.
It has been a while since I have had a 70 Plymouth satelitte in here, so I have no idea what this phantom car is your refering to, but, if a customer comes to me and says " hey, I have no money, can you patch the trunk cheap and quick" guess what I do, patch the trunk cheap and quick. Is that a problem for you? I know at 23, after suffering from cancer, you must have oodles of cash to play with, so I know you dont understand someone elses problems, but I would wonder after all that time in the hospital, 2 years right? it must be real easy for you to be drilling out spot welds on a car.

So let me get it all straight here, you bought a car that we might have done a cheap patch for someone on, and had a " bone to pick" with us, you came to my shop, or bought a set of torque boxes for $250, then decided after 1/2 way of "weild them in" (your words), you cant form the metal cause its to thick, so you cut them out, and buy a stamped set, and they fall into place. Amazing, you never called, you never questioned, you never asked if perhaps you got a set for a different car by mistake,you just assumed we would throw you under the bus and accuse you of being an idiot with a rusty car? Must be nice to throw money away.
Yea, OK.
They dont fit up to the floor? OK, funny thing is, I have sold, Oh, maybe 2500+ sets of B-body torque boxes, and your the only one that got a set that were so far off you had to "throw" them away.

I could go on and on, but I think I have raised enough questions already about your credibility, or lack thereof

As far as I am concerned, You have none, not at 23 with a son that drives after you were in the hospital for 2 years before you were 20. Was you fathering children when you were 9?
Thanks

Done

Jeff, sorry this thread was hijacked, perhaps Steve might need to do a clean up in here?

70-500-SE-EXPORT

Ok, go through all my posts and find useless irrelevant information. The first post was written by my son and the second was by me. Who cares? I have a satellite and a charger. The 70 satellite you did was a butchered mess. All the work needed to be re-done.  The rear crossmember was BOLTED to the rear rails. The trunk floor was made with flat scraps of steel. The quarter was installed by a amateur with the outer lip of wheelhouse cut off and just wielded to quarter. The quarter had tons of bondo in it. The trunk extensions were made with two pieces of flat steel welded together. Then everything was covered in black paint with a roller. Sorry, Its not BS its the truth.

AutoRust

Nope, I aint buying anything you say.
The old "someone used my account" ,     yea, OK.

Useless and irrelevant old posts?
I dont think so, it is your credibility, plain and simple.

We dont do half azz work like that, been here 32 years,
never bolted a rear crossmember on a b-body in place. Never.
I wonder if your confusing your General Lee that was butchered

I suspect you might have never even bought a set of torque boxes from us, just trying to rain on someones parade.
I think your full of sh*t, plain and simple

I have nothing more to say

70-500-SE-EXPORT

I don't want to hijack this thread but this should be the be the end of this. Maybe a customer with no money went to you and needed a quick cheap patch job in 2003 (I think that's when the car was there) That's understandable. I bought the car from him, and had to do all the work again because the work was a cheap patch job.. Maybe it was all he could afford and that's what he wanted. Regardless of how much money he had to dump into a rusty car you don't cut off a rear crossmember that was wielded in and bolt one on. That's a safety issue. I spent many months and lots of $$ putting a new trunk, crossmember, extensions, and quarters on the car and spending alot more money than I should have. I don't see why I needed to do all that work when It was at a shop just done. So naturally I will be upset at the shop that did the work before I got the car. I know a employee's do most work and maybe you did not oversee this. At this we've said all that needs to be said and no more should be said. I know that not the way your company does all the cars. If it was, there is no way you would be in business for that many years.

FLG

Quote from: 70-500-SE-EXPORT on March 25, 2009, 10:44:57 PM
I don't want to hijack this thread but this should be the be the end of this. Maybe a customer with no money went to you and needed a quick cheap patch job in 2003 (I think that's when the car was there) That's understandable. I bought the car from him, and had to do all the work again because the work was a cheap patch job.. Maybe it was all he could afford and that's what he wanted. Regardless of how much money he had to dump into a rusty car you don't cut off a rear crossmember that was wielded in and bolt one on. That's a safety issue. I spent many months and lots of $$ putting a new trunk, crossmember, extensions, and quarters on the car and spending alot more money than I should have. I don't see why I needed to do all that work when It was at a shop just done. So naturally I will be upset at the shop that did the work before I got the car. I know a employee's do most work and maybe you did not oversee this. At this we've said all that needs to be said and no more should be said. I know that not the way your company does all the cars. If it was, there is no way you would be in business for that many years.

I dont want this thread hi-jacked but i took a visit to auto rust...they do AMAZING work. Dave showed me around and all i saw was top notch stuff.

BIRD67

I have never bought anything from Auto-Rust, but I have heard ALOT of great things about them, hell, they were featured in plenty of magazines, the most notable one I can think of is the Safe-T-Cap on the '72 Chally in Mopar Muscle.. Now, you come on here and start talking shit, let's see some proof! Stop hijacking this post and Screw off! If you have something personal, SAY IT TO THEM, there is no need to bring your shit to the table! Let's try and get back on topic now!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

KS71owner

I have a pair of the torsion mount frame repair pieces in my '71. The shop that installed them had no problems with them, they fit well and welded up nicely.

mopar73

This TOOl should just take a long walk off a short pier!  By the way the definition of wielding (tr.v. wield·ed, wield·ing, wields
1. To handle (a weapon or tool, for example) with skill and ease.)

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 70-500-SE-EXPORT on March 25, 2009, 10:44:57 PM
Maybe a customer with no money went to you and needed a quick cheap patch job in 2003

Was his name Brian?  ;)

Cozmo

Jeff,
the car is coming along quite nicely. Those pieces from Auto Rust look to be top notch to me.  :2thumbs: